13~Blackmailing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Arjun talked to Mauli after the engagement ceremony. "What has happened? Preeta said you looked very tensed when you should be very happy," he said. "Arjun, Dev was kidnapped and then found in a very bad condition, for some days he was in hospital and yesterday once again he got kidnapped," Mauli told him feeling tensed. "What? Dev is missing? Karan's son?" he asked and she nodded. "When I found Preeta, she was wearing one of Karan's coat which had a bloody handkerchief in the pocket, and even Dev had vomited a lot of blood when he was held hostage, now I suspect it was Dev's blood only and that Karan has harmed his own son," she said.

"But why will Karan harm his own son?" he asked in a shock. "I don't know, but Arjun, let me talk to Preeta, I promise I won't ask much and won't cause her any stress, she was Karan's girlfriend, she might be knowing something, please Arjun, maybe it can help to rescue Dev?" she asked and he nodded. She walked to Preeta's room and sat in front of her. "Preeta, do you remember that bloody handkerchief I found from Karan's coat?" she asked, Preeta tried recalling and then nodded.

"Do you know anything related to it?" she asked, Preeta shook her head. "I don't, you do, I told you to get its forensic report, remember?" Preeta asked and Mauli nodded. "I do remember, but Preeta, you know one thing, Dev was kidnapped and then found injured and had a lot of blood loss, I highly suspect that it can be of Dev, Karan has harmed his own son, did he ever say something suspicious?" she asked. "He did, when he asked me to abort the child, he did say that I didn't spare the scoundrel who got to know about our affair then who the hell are you," Preeta told her with a heavy heart.

"Who got to know about your affair?" Mauli asked. "Dev, it was Dev only," she said. "So its a possibility that Karan is the one to harm him," Mauli said. "Dev got to know about our affair two months ago, and he began blackmailing his father into giving him money, Karan himself told me," Preeta told shocking Mauli.

Flashback:

Karan returned home from abroad for his so called shoot and was really tired, he sat beside Dev. "How's you son?" he asked, Dev sighed and didn't answer. Ishwari came with a glass of water and gave it to him.

"You look really tired, take an off from work for today, what say?" she asked. He smiled. "Okay," he said. "I am going to office, bye, bye Dev beta," she said smilingly. "Bye mom," he said and she exited the house. Karan began to leave. "By the way dad, what did you do such that you got so tired?" he asked. "The shoot was too tiring," Karan told him and again began to leave. "Did you really go to shoot or were you with that girl?" he asked.

Karan turned in a shock. "Which girl?" he asked. "The same girl who you're in affair with, I can see very clearly how much hard work you've done with her," Dev said and smirked making him angry. "Dev, mind your language," he said and began to leave. "Should I mind my language? Why didn't you mind your own business when you saw her? Why didn't you remember you're married and have two children? Should I go and tell mom what you've been doing behind her back since so many years? I have proofs actually," Dev said and showed him his cozy photos with Preeta which he took a day ago.

Karan was shocked. "But how did you get these?" he asked, Dev shrugged. "That's not important dad, important is that I have proofs against you, my one click and it may go viral, your hard work of years which you did in your career would be ruined, there would be only one news on every channel, do you want that to happen?" he asked, Karan gasped and shook his head. "No Dev no, you can't tell anyone, you just can't," Karan said coming to him cupping his face.

"Okay okay relax, calm down, I won't tell, okay, but... For that... I will get something in return, right?" he asked, Karan nodded instantly. "Yes Dev, you tell me what you want, I will bring it for you," he said. "Not much, just one lac rupees," Dev demanded, Karan got shocked. "Have you lost it? One... One lac rupees?" he said shockingly. "Why? You can't give me? Okay, I am going to tell," Dev said and began to leave, Karan rushed to him and held his arm. "No no Dev, don't do that son, I have it in my bag, I will give you," he said and went and unzipped his bag and pulled out a bundle of money and handed it to him. Dev smiled.

"Now promise me you won't tell anyone," he said, Dev chuckled and nodded. "I never thought you can be an ATM card for me, now whenever I will need money, I will come running to you, okay, dad," he said and kissed the bundle of money and exited the house.

Fb ended.

Mauli got shocked. "So it's possible that he only harmed Dev? But why didn't you tell all this before?" she asked. "Mauli you already know I was engrossed in my own problem of pregnancy, I was depressed, I didn't remember anything besides rejection," Preeta said. "Okay okay, but did Dev ever threaten him again?" Mauli asked, Preeta nodded. "One day, in a hotel, Dev came to take money from him," she told.

Flashback:

Dev came to the room in which Karan was and he handed him the bundle of money but tightened his grip on the bundle, Dev looked at him sternly. "Son you're blackmailing your dad, don't you feel ashamed that you're doing wrong?" he asked. "No I don't, because when the father isn't right at all, then how can the son be right?" Dev asked and snatched the bundle of money from him and began to leave but stopped. "And yes, double up the amount next time," he said and left.

In the corridor, Dev passed by Preeta and bent to her ear. "Looking hot and glamorous," he said and she turned her head to him while he was walking away, he felt her gaze on him and turned his head walking backwards. "Relax, just a compliment, but can you please stay away from my dad? Don't you know he's married? Please just stay away from my dad," he said.

"Sorry, but he loves me," she said and began to leave. "Fine, lend me some money, I will let you be with him," he said, Preeta stopped in her tracks and looked back and walked to him. "Money? But... Okay," she said and opened her purse and gave him money. "Just 2000? Give me more, come on," he said. "Greedy," she said muttering under her breathe and gave him some more. "4000? Come on, you can do better," he said, she placed her hands on her hips.

"Does money grow on trees? Your father gave you 1 lac," she said angrily. "So? This 4000 is nothing in front of them, come on give some more else leave," he said and she sighed. "How many more?" she asked. "Not much, I want like 50,000 more," he said shocking her. "50,000? Dev, are you crazy?" she asked and he shrugged. "Everything is fair in love and war, come on, give else leave," he said, she held his wrist and pulled him with her towards the room in which Karan was and opened the door. "Karan," she said and he turned, he got shocked seeing Dev with Preeta.

"What happened?" he asked. "He's asking for more money, I already gave him 4000," she said. "Dev, return her money right now, I will give you one lac more," he said and opened his bag and gave him more money, he smiled and returned Preeta's money, she gave him a snobby smile. While she was taking the money, he caressed her soft hand, she gasped and slapped him. He looked at her angrily. "How dare you?" she asked. "How dare you slap me?" he asked and twisted her hand behind her back. "Leave my hand," she said. "No! I know girls like you very well," he said.

Karan gasped and came forward and pushed him away and slapped him angrily holding Preeta as she cried. He held his cheek and stared at him. "Don't you feel ashamed?" he asked shouting at him. "No I don't, because you don't, she raised her hand, and then for her you raised your hand, now see, you and your Preeta, I won't spare you both, I will tell mom each and everything, but why only mom? I will tell the whole media and ruin your career," Dev said gritting his teeth and began to leave.

Karan grabbed his hand. "No son, please Dev, please," he pleaded, Dev jerked away his hand. "Why? Who will stop me? You? Or your Preeta?" he asked. Karan sighed. "I will stop you," he said. "How? Will you murder me? Because only my death can stop me, while I am alive no one can stop me," Dev said. "Dev, see I won't talk to Preeta ever again, I will ask her to leave this country and go forever, please don't do this to me my son," he pleaded.

"Son? When you slapped me for her, didn't you remember this son of yours?" he asked. Preeta looked on cryingly. "I am sorry bubba I am sorry my son, please Dev don't do this, I will give you everything you ask for, please," Karan pleaded clutching his hand. "No dad, now I have made up my mind, you enjoy with her," he taunted and left. "Preeta," Karan said to her cupping her cheeks but she moved away and turned her back to him. "You said you will break up with me, you said you won't talk to me," she said and sobbed, he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Part b to also come

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro