12~Engaged

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mauli walked inside Dev's ward with Sagar and everyone's attention diverted to her. "Mauli aunty," Alia said and ran and hugged her tight. Mauli smiled and hugged her back. "Aww my baby you're still the same," she said and they broke the hug and she kissed her forehead, Alia smiled. She walked further to Dev who smiled at her. "Hi Mauli aunty, see I am the same Dev who once blushed looking at you, and now I am bold young boy, who got her own girlfriend to blush from, meet Nalini," he said pointing at Nalini who smiled at her, Mauli smiled back.

"You're very lucky Nalini to get a boyfriend like him, who blushes every time you come before him," Mauli said, Nalini smiled widely. "Thank you aunty, he really do blush when I come before him, even I blush," she said, Mauli smiled sweetly and looked at Dev, she caressed his face lightly. "You've grown much more handsome than you already were," she complimented and he smiled. "Thank you aunty, finally you too got a boyfriend, won't you introduce him to us?" he asked and Mauli turned to Sagar. "Oh sorry sorry, Dev he's Sagar, my boyfriend and soon to be husband, and Sagar he's Dev, and she's Alia, and she's Ishwari," she said introducing everyone to him.

"Hello to all, beautiful people, by the way, the most beautiful person in this room is Mauli, the blooming flower," he said pulling her close by her waist joining her forehead, she blushed. "Awwww," Alia, Dev and Ishwari teased in unison, she hugged him hiding her face. He hugged her back. "By the way, Alia, like you said I blushed since childhood seeing her, ask her did she also used to blush since childhood thinking about her prince charming?" Dev asked teasing Mauli indirectly.

"Ohhh, hahaha, tell Mauli aunty, answer us," Alia said and Mauli broke the hug. "Bacha party, one of you got your soulmate, but not you Alia, when you will get him, even you will blush like this," Mauli teased back, Alia giggled hiding her face. Dev chuckled. "By the way the children are really cute and charming, just the way you told me that they are, then even I wanted to meet them, and I am so happy after meeting them, Ishwari bhabhi, you've got the most amazing children ever, you're very lucky and blessed," Sagar said and Ishwari smiled.

"Thank you jeeju, Mauli, can we go outside for sometime, I want to talk to you about something," Ishwari said to Sagar and then to Mauli who nodded, the duo walked outside. Nalini came to Dev. "I will just come, okay, take care," she said messing his hair playfully, he smiled, she smiled back and walked out of there. "Bhai, Sagar uncle, are you both hungry? Do you both need something?" Alia asked. "No thanks bacha, I don't need anything," Sagar said smilingly, she turned to Dev. "Can you bring coffee for me? It's all I need, I feel so weak," he said.

"Why not? I will just come," she said and went out of the room. Sagar's phone began to ring. "Umm, Dev, mind if I go outside for a while?" Sagar asked. "Not at all, you may go," he said and Sagar smiled and left picking the call. Dev adjusted the blanket on his body and himself on the bed, he poured some water in the glass and began to drink. Just then a man in ward boy's clothes entered the room from the window and watched him evilly. He poured chloroform on the handkerchief and approached him slowly and steadily.

Dev put the glass aside and turned and startled seeing him. "Who are you? Go from here, leave...," he was cut in between as the man put the handkerchief on his face covering her nose and mouth, Dev panted heavily and made the glass fall to alert everyone but Mauli, Ishwari, Alia, Nalini and Sagar all were far from the room. The man pressed the handkerchief hard on him. "Shhhhh," he said angrily and Dev fell unconscious. He stuffed the handkerchief in his pocket and picked Dev from the bed but just then Alia entered the room and seeing the scenario in front of her, the coffee fell from her hands, the man got alert and dropped Dev back on the bed.

Alia ran to him. "Who are you? Where were you taking my brother?" she asked angrily and just as she was about to remove his mask, he took out the handkerchief and put it on her mouth as well, she tried to scream but all that came out from her mouth was muffles and she scratched his hand hard and tried not to breathe. But she fainted all of a sudden.

He smirked and picked Dev again. But Alia stood up all of a sudden and took the flower pot and hit it on his head injuring him. "Leave my brother!" she shouted and he dropped Dev's legs but still held him. He picked him again and left from the window taking him. "Bhai!" she shouted and she also climbed the window and got out of there running after the man but in vain as he succeeded in taking him. "Bhai!" she said sadly and began to cry.

Preeta woke up and smiled seeing Karan sleeping on her shoulder. "What's happening to me? Why does all of this feels extra good?" she asked herself. She touched his cheek with her left hand as he was sleeping on her left shoulder. He stirred in sleep and woke up lifting his head from her shoulder and stretched his arms. She moved away her hand. "Wakey wakey sleepy head," she said cutely messing his hair and he smiled. "This felt so good, sleeping on your shoulder. I hope your muscles aren't in pain," he said and she chuckled and shook her head. "Not at all, and you?" she asked and he touched the sides of his neck bending it sideways.

She understood he has a neck and shoulder pain. Without asking, she began to massage his shoulders, he sighed as he got relief, she smiled. "It would feel better if you turn and then I massage," she said, he smiled and turned his back to her. She continued the relieving massage and the smile never left his face. "Your hands have magic, continue, don't stop," he said closing his eyes. The massage went on for like fifteen minutes. "Yes, now you can stop," he said and she stopped, she also turned her back towards his back and now they were sitting adjoining their backs.

He was amazed by her gesture. "Even I feel tired, my muscles are also aching, who will give me massage?" she asked teasing him thoughtfully, he chuckled and just as he turned, she lost her balance and fell on the bed and gasped. He laughed. "This was not what you were supposed to do," she said a little annoyed by him, he held her hand and pulled her up. He held his ears. "Sorry," he said still laughing, she turned her back towards him. "I won't forgive like this," she said, he understood and began to massage her shoulders, she smiled.

"Put a little more pressure, please?" she asked and he answered by putting more pressure. "By the way your hands have magic, don't stop, please continue," she said, he chuckled as he knew she's imitating him. "By the way Preeta, I was saying that today I am going to hire a cook for you to give you the best food during pregnancy," he told her. "Really? But... It's just a matter of days that I will get married to you and come to your house forever, and mom would be knowing what would a pregnant lady want, right?" she asked.

"Yes but till then the cook should be there," he told her, she smiled widely. "Great," she said and leaned her back on to him and looked at him, he got lost in her eyes instantly. "I like it," she said, he smiled at her, she smiled back.

Ishwari talked to Mauli. "I was getting anonymous letters about Arjun being deceitful and then I received his photos with a girl. Now that you were his friend even before you were my friend, I just want to know that did you know about this?" she asked shocking Mauli by her questioning.

"Ishwari, I didn't know since the beginning, but the day he broke up with her, and when I found her crying sitting on the bench. I found she was pregnant. Just as she was about to tell the name of the father of her child, she met with an accident but later she told me it's his child only, and the coat which he gave her before that had a bloody handkerchief in it, which made me suspicious about him that he have done something wrong," Mauli told her, Ishwari stumbled.

"She is pregnant? And you got a handkerchief? That too which was full of blood?" she asked in a shock, Mauli held her. "I am sorry but he is hiding something else as well, which I don't know, and that girl lives with me because she doesn't have any other place to live, I hope you do not mind," Mauli said. "It's your house, who am I to question? I just want to know what's with that handkerchief, I should ask Dev, maybe he knows something," Ishwari said. "Yes, let's go," Mauli said and they walked to the ward and got shocked seeing Dev missing.

"Where did Dev go?" Ishwari asked in a shock. Mauli too got shocked. Sagar returned. "What happen? Where did Dev go?" he asked but the duo were too shocked to say anything. Alia came running to the ward and opened the door, she ran and hugged Ishwari crying badly. "Mom I am sorry, I couldn't save him, he succeeded in taking bhai," she told and Ishwari got shocked hugging her back. Nalini too returned and got shocked. "What? He took Dev?" she asked. "Yes didi, I tried everything, injured him, even faked to be unconscious to stop him, scratched his hands but he took him even then," Alia said breaking the hug and cried inconsolably.

Nalini held her head and suddenly she began to shiver and fell on the floor as foam began to come from her mouth and her neck turned to such an extent that it seemed as if it would break. They got shocked and rushed to her. "I will call Pragati didi," Alia said and took her phone and called Pragati meanwhile Nalini continued to shiver and her body kept giving this stress response. "Pragati didi is not picking the phone," Alia said.

"I have heard that when a person gets epileptic attacks, then we should make him smell a shoe which we use daily," Sagar said and took off his shoe and placed it near her nose, she became fine, he moved it away instantly. "Nalini didi, are you okay?" Alia asked, she blinked her eyes. Sagar picked her and placed her on Dev's bed. "Alia, you scratched his hand, right? Your nails might have his skin, Ishwari aunty, you should inform the police, they will get the skin sample out of Alia's nails and they will know who’s behind all this," Nalini said, Ishwari nodded.

Ishwari informed police, even the sample was collected from Alia's nails but the police couldn't find who the culprit was. "Where he might be?" Ishwari asked worriedly. "He isn't safe, he just isn't safe," Nalini said by difficulty. "Nalini didi, please don't speak, you're already in pain," Alia said. "No pain, no gain, if I get this pain for my love then I don't mind it at all, this pain is also a happiness, please bring him back, please," Nalini said and coughed. "Relax," Alia said. Sometime later all of them returned home, Alia was back to her hunger strike for her beloved brother, Ishwari had decided to leave Arjun forever and take Alia with her but hadn't talked to him about it, Nalini continuously got attacks in Dev's absence and hallucinated him everywhere, Pragati tried hard controlling her stress but in vain, the matter had got even worse.

Next day, it was Karan and Preeta's engagement ceremony. Their chosen rings were brought and he made her wear the ring followed by applause, then she made him wear the ring followed by much more applause. She blushed. Sandhya took off the evil eyes from them, they smiled and shared a friendly hug.

At the same day, Mauli and Sagar's engagement ceremony was held. Although they didn't want to because of Dev's disappearance but as Mauli had promised Preeta, she did it anyways. Their chosen rings were also brought, Sagar made her wear the ring, she smiled slightly and looked in his eyes. He signed her and she made him wear the ring, he too smiled, there was a big round of applause, they also shared a hug. "Congratulations, Mauli and jeeju," Preeta wished them happily, they smiled slightly. "Congratulations to you too Preeta," Mauli wished her back.

Mauli and Sagar came to a side. "We got engaged but I am so worried for Dev, poor baby," she said. "Mauli, he must be safe, trust me, God won't be so cruel on Ishwari bhabhi," he said, she nodded and hugged him, he hugged her back.

Karan and Preeta had a talk. "Karan, I think Mauli is somewhat not happy," she said. "Why do you think so?" he asked. "She should be very happy when she became the fiance of the one who she loves madly, but she seemed tensed instead," she said. "No Preeta, it's normal to be nervous like this, I will talk to her later," he said, she nodded and hugged him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro