17 - ☯ Chat Noir ●

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

This chapter contains bullying.

----------------

When Chat saw her swing into her room, he didn't believe it. Coincidence? Marinette was Ladybug? He was mid-flight, so he had to land on Marinette's- Ladybug's - balcony. He held his breath, hoping he could get away before Marinette noticed. 

But Marinette's Ladybug side was out - she heard and stepped out onto the balcony. "Chat Noir," She greeted.

The same way Ladybug did! He thought. "Hello, Marinette." I'm going to confront her. 

Marinette scuffed her toe against the ground. Well, this is - oddly - awkward. She thought. "Come in, Chat." She said, gesturing to her room.

Chat recovered himself, faking a smile and entering Marinette's room. It seemed so obvious now! I can't confront her. Chat thought, sighing. "What's wrong?" Marinette asked, turning around.

What was bothering him? "Huh? Nothing." Chat said, smiling again.

"Chat, I know something's up. What's wrong?" Marinette insisted.

"Nothing, Mari. Just missed you." He said, earning a blush from the girl.

Marinette sighed. "I missed you too, Kitty."

Chat froze, and then smiled for real. He lay down on Marinette's bed, legs bent over the side. Marinette laid down next to him, staring up. "How's stuff at school?" Chat asked.

He couldn't get it out of his head. Ladybug. "Fine." Marinette said.

"People say it's fine when it's not." Chat said, turning to look at Marinette.

"Just... tedious is all." Marinette assured him.

"Of course it is." Chat said, opening his arms for Marinette to slide into.

She hesitated a second before sliding over, back first. "Thanks." She said, gripping the arms wrapped around her torso.

Chat just hid his face in her hair in response. They stayed quiet, even after Chat's Miraculous beeped. Finally, Chat spoke. "Look, Marinette... I need to tell you something. I lo-" His Miraculous beeped, once again at a most unfortunate time.

"Go, go, go! You'll de-transform!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Alright, I'll see you soon. Maybe tomorrow!" Chat said, jumping from the window.

After he left, he let out a yell of frustration. He was so close to telling Marinette that he loved her, and so close to telling her he knew. But he couldn't. He knew he couldn't.

-------

❀ Marinette ❀

-------

The next morning, Marinette rolled out of bed late. She left not long after for the hospital. After an hour or so, she'd had her stitches removed and had recovered surprisingly quickly. Marinette was permitted to participate in physical activity again. When she left, she decided to skip school and finish her costume instead. Her boots had arrived, ahead of schedule. The heel was higher than expected, but Marinette could make it work.

She made adjustments to the costume, making sure it was perfect. Tikki had been missing for a good part of the morning, and Marinette knew that she'd be back, although a consultant could have been used at that very moment.

She tried on her costume, proud of her savvy. "Perfect." She said to herself, turning in front of the mirror.

After putting it away, she grew bored. She didn't want to read, write or draw. She noticed that it was lunchtime at school, and decided to go back. Marinette ate a sandwich and headed off. When she got there, Chloe was suddenly back to torturing Marinette.

"Marinette! Great to see you! Guess you got off work early then? Aren't your legs a bit sore?" She sneered.

Oh, God. Marinette thought. "How'd you get off before me, Chloe? Were you there extra early for a morning quickie?" Marinette snapped back.

"Puh-lease, Marinette. Just 'cause we found out about you, doesn't mean you have to pretend I'm there too." Chloe rolled her eyes.

Marinette's eyes trailed around, seeing all of her classmates. Some were snickering, and others were shuffling around uncomfortably. Marinette's eyes landed on Alya, who simply turned away. She spotted Adrien out of the corner of her eye and blushed, humiliated. "What do you want, Chloe?" Marinette asked, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Chloe's face changed, and she turned on her heel, leaving an angry and defeated Marinette behind.

-----

AN

----

SO

Someone suggested a reveal, and there you are ;)

Will Chat tell her? Will she tell Chat? WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

DUNDUNDUNDDUNDUNDUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro