1 - Promise

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Do you ever just feel like..." Eunji pressed her lips together, her finger turning the pink straw from her lemonade around the inside of the glass as she stared down at it with an intense gaze. "Like you'll never find the one?" 

Her eyes flickered up, not receiving an ounce of a reaction from her peer sitting across from her, causing her to suck her lips in and tilt her head with her focus back on her glass. 

"Or you know, whether you'll die alone not having met your true love, or even if it exists for you." 

Still no reaction. 

Eunji sighed, twisting her lip. 

"I sometimes wonder if there's actually someone out there for me, waiting to cross paths, or if true love is just some made up concept from Disney in order to fool everyone into wanting to live a fairytale." 

"I don't think Disney holds the credits for that." 

Eunji's brow twitched. 

"That's your answer?" She scoffed as she looked away in irritation. 

She was pouring out her inner-most insecurity and that's what his takeaway was? That Disney didn't have the copyrights to fairy tales and true love? 

What an asshole. 

Her eyes returned back to the figure who sat in front of her with a cold drink of his own, his dark orbs staring right at her. 

"What did you want me to say?" His voice remained as neutral as his features as he brought the straw of his glass to his lips before taking a quick sip. "That I agree with you?" 

"That would've been nice." Eunji mumbled and crossed her arms while looking away and sinking into her seat.

"Has there been no part of you thats wondered that ever?"

"I'm a twenty-two-year-old male attending university, and according to society's view on this information the only thing on my mind should be school, gaming, alcohol and sex. You've also known me long enough to know very well that 'true love' is the last thing on my mind." 

Eunji puffed out her cheeks in annoyance from his answer. 

Jeon Jungkook had once again succeeded in surprising her when she really shouldn't have been. 

Who was she kidding, he was Jeon Jungkook after all. She really had to lower her hopes in him otherwise she was going to keep being disappointed for absolutely no reason at all. 

"I don't even know why I'm coming out to you about this." she muttered out while playing with her pink straw once more. Jungkook kept his neutral face and replied. 

"Cause you have no other friends." 

Damn, why did he always have to be right. 

"Like you do either." Eunji snapped back at him, noticing the way that his lips curved and his head tilted to the side. 

"The difference is that I prefer it that way." 

And there it was, another moment out of hundreds where Eunji was once again questioning her relationship with the man sitting across from her. It wasn't new to her. It was rather a thought process she had gone through several times throughout her life growing up with him. 

She sometimes wondered if their relationship even came close to a friendship. Sometimes they acted more like acquaintances, given the small amount of time that they spent together and words actually exchanged. 

But he was the closest thing to a friend she had ever had, and she assumed the same for him. Then again, he chose it to be that way. Which made her wonder why he hadn't pushed her away until now. Perhaps because they were family friends.  

Dragging herself out of her thoughts, Eunji tilted her head and looked at her so-called friend. 

"Do you think you'll ever get married?" 
She eyed him carefully as he shrugged in response. 

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. If I do, it'll probably be because my mother finally arranged me with someone."

"I don't understand, you make it seem like it's not that big of a deal." 

Eunji was frustrated with his carelessness. She couldn't understand why he was so easy going with the idea of falling in love or getting married with anyone, when to her it felt like the hardest decision to face throughout your life. 

"I have different priorities in life. I don't daydream over the perfect woman I haven't met and how complete I would be if she were in my life." He gave her a cunning smirk that made her want to wipe it off of his face. 

"You don't have to expose me like that." She murmured while leaning back and crossing her arms over her chest. 

She really did daydream too much, even for her liking. 

"You're just too easy to read." 

Eunji huffed while avoiding his gaze. 

"I've already spent my entire life lonely, and I don't wanna spend the rest of my life like that as well." She finally found the courage to look up at him. "I want to be someone special to someone, something outside of a friend or relative."

Jungkook's face remained neutral as he listened to her, only to watch her scoff to herself and stare at her half full glass of lemonade. 

"Not that you'd ever understand." She murmured.

"Twenty-eight." Jungkook spoke staring across the table to her with his dark brown orbs and doe eyes that gave her an unreadable expression.

Not that he was ever readable. 

She raised a brow in confusion. 

"What?" 

"When we both hit the age of twenty-eight, let's get married." 

"Jungkook, what are you saying?" 

The male sighed once realising that Eunji needed more explaining. 

"You're too afraid to die alone, and I couldn't care less about whether I get married one day or not. If by the age of twenty-eight, neither of us are engaged or married, let's get married just so you won't be sad for the rest of your life and I could save myself an ear full of my mom setting me up with someone." 

Eunji was left speechless, but she couldn't see why she should refuse the offer. Jungkook, although annoying most of the time, was the only guy she had ever felt close to. Although she couldn't see herself married to him now, maybe things would change. 

"Okay." She spoke, slowly nodding her head. "I'll take up your offer, Jeon." 

Jungkook's lips curved as he sat back comfortably in his chair, the cafe's soft music playing in the background. 

"Great, considering yourself Mrs.Jeon already then, love." He winked her way with a smirk curving as her lips parted. 

"What! You don't know that! I'll probably be married to someone else anyways before that. I'm just accepting your offer to guarantee it." 

"You're not fooling anyone. You have no friends, and talk to no one. There's no way you'll be married by then, so I would mentally prepare myself for our upcoming wedding if I were you." 

The sly smirk never left his lips as Eunji could feel herself fumming. 

God, why did he always have to touch a nerve?!

She watched him grab his phone from the table and stand up, leaving his mostly empty drink and clearly getting ready to leave.

"I've got an entire five years on my hand, Jeon." 

He hummed in amusement as she glared up at him with her narrowed coffee irises. 

"See you at Sunday's dinner, Mrs.Jeon." he spoke one last time with a smirk before turning his back on Eunji and making his way toward the cafe's doors, the bell ringing as he left.

Eunji's hands fisted as she glared into his back. 

God, she hated him so much. 

And she knew how wrong he was going to be, she could feel it already.

She wouldn't have to live a miserable life with him as her husband. That couldn't happen and she wouldn't let it happen. There was someone out there waiting for ber, and she was going to find him. 

°•°•°•°
Hey guys! I'm back after leaving wattpad about a year ago, and with a new story for u guys! I hope you like it!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro