8: Fight For Me

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Mads, come on" Tyler whined with a pound to the door.

"You wanted to talk, we talked" I said sternly through the door.

"Come on, I'm sorry I don't know what else to say" he breathed out.

"You could say you fucked up, because you fucked up but it wouldn't change anything" I crossed my arms as if he could see me.

"Mads come on, I have your food" he yelled again.

"Nice try" I said sarcastically.

"No, I'm serious. I have your food, the delivery guy just left" he explained.

"I have other food" I said flatly, not letting him persuade me that easy.

"She worked with us" he spoke softly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"She used to work with the team" he said again more firmly.

For some reason a hot rage filled my body at his words. What kind of excuse was that?

"And that's supposed to make it all better?" I yelled swinging the door back open.

"Baby, just listen to me for a second" he placed his hand on my upper arm.

"You don't get to call me baby" I pushed his hand off my arm with my other hand.

He put the food down and held his hands up in surrender.

"Just listen, ten seconds. Please?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Ten seconds, go" I crossed my arms again, this time making more of a statement now that he could see me.

"She heard about our promise, came over to see how I was doing and to say hi. I was hoping you'd come back soon so I could introduce her to you. I guess she was kind of being flirty and I guess I did kind of portray that back out of habit. It's a horrible habit and that's not fair to you and I'm so sorry" he spoke quickly.

"You're right" I said after taking in all his words.

"I am?" He looked confused.

"Yeah, you're right. It's not fair to me" my words became softer.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you, I didn't mean to. I didn't even realize it was coming off that way until I got an earful from your friends" he chuckled softly.

"That's the thing, Tyler. You're naturally flirty even when you don't mean to be and girls, of course, are going to eat that up. You've got this whole...fuckboy lifestyle you've settled into and I just don't fit into it at all. I tried, I tried my damn hardest Ty. But I don't think I can keep my end of the promise, you're a ladies man. It just, it won't work. There's no way this turns out well for either of us, I think we just need to call it like it is. It was great catching up with you and it's great to have you back in my life, but this as anything more than a friendship just simply won't work" I explained, keeping my composure.

"I hear what you're saying, and I understand where you're coming from...but you're wrong" he started as he swallowed hard. "This can work, you can think about me any way you want but I'm never going to stop trying to prove to you that I only need one girl. You."

"Tyler" I started with a shake of my head. "There's so many girls out there, stunning, jaw droppingly beautiful girls-"

"And you're the most stunning and beautiful one of all" he cut me off.

"Tyler, I'm trying to be serious here" I shot him a look.

"So am I. You just...you just don't get it do you?" He looked at me seriously. "My heart...literally feels like it stops when I see you, it's been that way for as long as I can remember. If you think you're not enough for me, you're wrong. So damn wrong" he took my face in his hands.

He could still read exactly how I was feeling.

"I'm not, I never will be" I said shakily trying to hold back tears. He had already showed me a glimpse of that reality when he flirted with another girl while he was supposed to be out with me.

"How could you think you're not enough? That kills me knowing you feel that way. You are...you're everything to me sweetheart. And the truth is, I'm not enough for you, I'm not good enough for you" he started ranting.

"You-" I started before he cut me off.

"I'm not, but you can bet your life I'm going to do my damn best to prove to you that I can be the man you deserve. I know I have to be better, and I will be better"

"Ty-" he cut me off again.

"I'm making you a new promise, here and now. I will be the best man I can for you if you just give me the chance to. I promise to show you I can be good to you, I promise to be better and I promise to never hurt you again a day in my life" he dropped his hands from my face and took both of my hands in his. "If it takes the rest of my life to prove to you how perfect you are in my eyes and how great we could be together, then that's what I'll do because I'm sure of it now. I don't want to marry anyone but you, I won't marry anyone but you"

"Tyler, I-" he once again cut me off.

"Let me take you on a date. A real, honest, true date. Let me be a boyfriend to you without you feeling the pressure of if you should marry me or not. Take it one step at a time" he looked at me nervously and expectantly.

I took a deep breath, trying to take in all the information that currently had my brain on overload.

I had every right to be nervous given his actions, his lifestyle and his behavior, but I also had every right to believe what he was saying was true. I had known Tyler most of my life and never had his words felt so...real, honest, truthful.

"One step at a time?" I finally said slowly.

"Starting with dinner...tomorrow night" he laughed as his eyes fell on the bag of food we had ordered.

"Fine, dinner. But that doesn't mean everything is ok here" I motioned between the two of us.

"Got it, I'm on probation" he smirked, making me shake my head.

"Do you want to stay for Chinese food?" I asked quietly.

"Thank you, but I'm good. I have practice early in the morning, plus it gives you time to talk to Emily about everything since I'm fairly certain she's been listening to everything I've said since I got here" he smiled widely as Emily's voice came from the other room.

"I drank two glasses of wine, you made me drink two glasses of wine"

I giggled at my roommates words as I turned my attention back to Tyler.

"Text me when you get home?" I asked.

"Of course baby" he put one hand on my cheek. "Can I?" I nodded my head as he brought his lips to mine, taking a deep breath as he pulled away. "I was so scared I would never be able to do that again"

"Better do it one more time then, just in case" I looked at him seriously as he brought me into a slow, soft kiss again.

"Oh" he said moving to dig in his pockets. "This is yours" he held out the ring I had given back. You don't have to wear it or anything, but I want you to have it. I don't want you to feel pressured into making a decision, but I bought it for you and I want you to have it" he took my hand and placed the ring in my palm before closing my hand around it.

"I'll think about it" I smiled slightly.

"That's all I ever ask" he grinned at me kissing me again quickly one more time. "I'll text you when I get home" he smiled before yelling towards the kitchen. "Goodnight Emily"

"Night Tyler" she called back so still all we could do was hear her.

Tyler and I shared a small laugh before he walked away and I closed the door behind him.

What had just happened?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro