Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Good morning RagLakians, Tejaswians and others as well. 😜

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Mangalsutra - A sacred thread that a woman wears after she is wedded to her husband. But it isn't simply a thread. It is a symbol of the bond that they are binded in. In happiness as well as sorrow, in health as well as in misery, in this life...as well as in the next.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"It's okay Maa. I...I'm fi-fine."

(I can hear your voice cracking child. Please don't do this to yourself. Come back home.) came Annapurna's voice over the phone.

"I-I need to do this Maa. Today will decide everything. It's Abhimanyu and and Mansi's marriage. But I know it's my Laksh. If Laksh really believes I'm lying and marries her, then I...I'll cut all my ties with him today."

(Bet-)..

"I'll be fine Maa. Besides, Uttara, Sanskar, Maa and Baba are here with me as well. I'll be fine."

(If you say so Ragini. But call me if anything happens, okay?)

"I shall."

Cutting the call, Ragini tried to control her sobs. She could barely keep herself from crying over the phone.

"You can leave if you want Ragini." came Shramishtha's voice as she came near with Shekhar and Uttara.

"I wish there was a way to recover his memory and make him remember that he is Laksh."

"That Mansi is feeding him lies and turning him against us!" Uttara gritted out. "Ragini, let's try another time to tell him the truth."

"No use Uttara. He's gonna throw us out. He has to remember on his own. If he doesn't...then I guess it's over between us."

"But Ra-"

"Excuse me please." she left their side abruptly.

Soon, the announcement was made that the bride and bridegroom are heading towards the Mandap.

As Ragini watched them come down the stairs and sit in the Mandap, she could feel her heart shatter.

Even tears refused to come out. She had already exhausted them. Her pain was beyond even what tears could express.

She felt as if someone was piercing her heart with a knife and twisting it over and over again. Each breath that she took felt like inhaling something toxic. Each moment, each second that passed broke her more. But she couldn't do anything but watch as her husband was getting remarried to another.

She wanted to go shout at him, to tell him that she was his wife, that she would die if he married another, that she cannot live without him. But she couldn't do anything, or else she might lose him forever. She wanted to blame Mansi, Nikhil and Swara.
Yes, she found out the truth. She learnt how Mansi and Nikhil were tricking Laksh into believing he was Abhimanyu and not Lakshya Maheshwari. They were taking advantage of the fact that Laksh lost his memory after his accident. The one which was framed by Mansi herself to kill the real Abhimanyu.
She found out the truth. But what was the point? She had no means to prove it to Laksh, or anyone else for that matter.

Only person whom she thought she could trust was Swara. 'So much for that.' At a time when she believed Swara would help her, she decided to take revenge on her for what she did in the past. Swara told her she deserved it because she too tricked Laksh once and married him.

Her statement still haunted her. 'It's like she shoved and twisted the knife that was already left in my heart by Laksh's mistrust upon me. It's true I guess. No matter what you do, people always tend to judge you based on your past, even though you've done much good later. And then they question why they don't change. Ironic much?'

Ragini never thought Swara still harboured such animosity towards her.

"What you did...the way you broke me and Laksh apart once, was nasty Ragini! Now do you realize how it feels?" Swara had mocked her.

And she? She didn't have the will, nor the desire to seek justice anymore. She only felt a nothingness.

When her own sister thought she deserves it, maybe she does.

Sanskar on the other hand, was ready to fight tooth and nail to get his brother back. However, he too didn't have any solid proof. Neither was he sure it was really Abhimanyu or Laksh. He was just following his heart.

She could have told him that yes, it was Laksh. However, then she would have to reveal to him about Swara's betrayal as well. She didn't want to ruin their happy family.

She felt someone put an arm on her shoulder, interrupting her thoughts.

Sanskar didn't speak anything. But his eyes told her how sorry he felt that he could not stop the marriage.

'He doesn't need to blame himself'. Ragini thought to herself. He did everything he could for her and she was grateful for it. He was like a brother she never had.

'Swara is lucky to have a lover like Sanskar. After so much obstacles, they finally got to be happy, together.'

Ragini knew she would never try to steal away their happiness. She wanted to tell Sanskar about Swara.

But why go do that when it won't change a thing?

What good would it bring?

It won't stop the marriage about to happen before them. So why say it and ruin Swara and his happy relation?

Besides, Sanskar would suffer equally as Swara if they are separated. And she didn't want that for her best friend. He already suffered for five long years mourning Kavita's death. And even after finding later that Kavita was alive, he chose Swara over her.

A fact that surprises her is how Sanskar had been able to live without Kavita for five years. How had he been able to do that for so long, Ragini didn't know. She was amazed at the strength Sanskar showed.

'And maybe...maybe he can teach me how to live without love. After all, there is no way I can be with Laksh now.' thought Ragini, as she turned back to look at the Mandap, where Mansi and Laksh were ready to begin the ceremonies.

As she looked forward, her gaze met Laksh's.

While Ragini looked on with sorrow, she didn't get a chance to know what Laksh was thinking.

Laksh, who thought he was Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu Khuranna, who had a life with Mansi and their daughter Mishka.

As soon as Ragini met his gaze, Abhimanyu turned around like a child caught stepping at a forbidden territory. He swallowed hard.

Abhimanyu knows that once the ceremonies begin, he would need to leave whatever past he has, behind. He didn't remember any of his past, and it would have to remain so once he married. It would be fruitless to look for a way out. He would never know if he really was Laksh Maheshwari or Abhimanyu Khuranna. 'Laksh or Abhimanyu, after marriage I will have to accept a life with Mansi as Abhimanyu. That's the reality.'

Up until then, whatever Ragini told her he never believed her. He rejected her truth. But since she wouldn't leave, he decided to agree to Mansi's advice.

Mansi reasoned him they had a court marriage and that was why they didn't have any wedding pictures. That was why there were so many doubts and accusers harming their familial peace.

So, he agreed to her idea to marry with proper customs and prove all the accusations false.

'But this doesn't feel right. Something...something seems off.'

Abhimanyu was also looking forward to a happy life with Mishka and Mansi. However, the moment he felt relieved, his mind would scream wrong, wrong and wrong. He couldn't pinpoint why but...but he just felt so foreign in his own skin. Like...like he didn't belong there.

Although his mind said he was happy, the suffocating feeling in his heart wouldn't leave him.

He felt as if he was leaving something important behind. Something which...which was with Ragini.

He wanted...

No.

He needed.

He needed to look back just once...just to see her face. Just this once.

Laksh looked back with a heavy heart, since he knew Ragini would be crying. Yet, nothing could have prepared him for the look that he saw in her eyes.

Her eyes held no emotions in them. They looked totally dead. In the short amount of time that he met her, he has seen her eyes shining with curiosity, sad with sorrow, sparkling with mischief, narrowed in anger, glowing with happiness.

But never has he seen her eyes so dead.

So completely dead.

He couldn't bear seeing her so empty and turned to look forward.

"Arree Jiju, what are you thinking so hard about? Everything you wished for is right beside you." giggled Kabya, Mansi's cousin. She knew everything about Mansi's plan and was even helping her.

"Stop troubling him Kabya. This is his last moment of freedom. After that, he will be a prisoner." joked Nikhil.

"Enough teasing. Kabya, put it there please" requested Swara, passing Kabya the Mangalsutra on a golden thali.

Sanskar's eyes widened as he looked at the auspicious thread. 'That's...that's the same as the one Ragini wears!' he held Swara's hand and pulled her away with him. "Swara, what are you thinking?!"

"What do you mean? I'm just giving th-"

"I know what it is! But did it have to be same as Ragini'so!? And why are you helping them so often?"

"I don't know why you're acting so Sanskar. He's Abhimanyu. He reminds me of Laksh who was my best friend. So I'm just helping out. It's just like Ragini you say? That's just a coincidence."

"Then why aren't you being able to tell me these things by looking into my eyes?"

Swara swallowed hard and looked away.

"Swara! I'm asking you something."

"I'm sorry okay!? I'm...I'm so sorry!" Swara exclaimed in distress. "I...I got so obsessed with revenge that I didn't know how to judge wrong from right and...and..."

Sanskar could feel his blood grow cold. "And what? And what, Swara?!"

"He is our Laksh."

"What!?" Sanskar felt relieved and happy that it was his brother. Laksh was alive and well. But most of all, he felt a panic settle in. "And you're telling me this now?!"

"I'm sorry, okay?! I...I messed up. I know I was wrong. But it was of no use. I already ruined everything! So I...I'm just doing the only possible thing that could work."

"By doing what?! Breaking Ragini further by giving them the same Mangalsutra?!"

Swara rubbed her eyes with determination. "Yes."

#Mandap#

"Wow! Its so pretty! Mansi try it once for me, please!"

"Areee Kabya no. Hey, wait!" Mansi tried to stop her.

"Please, please for me! Jiju please tell her to put it on once!"

Abhimanyu wasn't paying attention, busy in his thoughts. Mansi took the Mangalsutra herself.

"Ok fine...but I'll just put it near my neck. I'll only wear it when Laksh puts it on me." Mansi replied shyly and took the Mangalsutra.

At the same time, Abhimanyu looked towards her. He saw the Mangalsutra near Mansi's neck.

Suddenly, there flashed an image of the same Mangalsutra on someone else's neck.

The same one with him putting it on.

He tried to think harder, but he could only see blurry images.

He saw himself smile and put the Mangalsutra on someone. Then putting sindoor on her head, but he couldn't see her face in his mind.

He grabbed his head and tried harder to recall her face. He was seeing a blurry image. As he concerntratee harder, he could see her beautiful smile, but her face was still a blur.

'Think harder! Think harder. Harder! Think harder!' he mentally scolded himself 'Harder! Think harder! think har-' he finally saw her face.

And it was none other then...

"Ragini!" Laksh screamed out. Everyone there was shocked to silence, looking at him with wide eyes.

Ragini's heart stopped beating hearing the desperation and passion in that one utterance of her name. She dared to think she was hearing her Laksh scream her name. 'But is...is that even possible now? Or am I imagining things?'

Laksh stood up abruptly, staggering as he did and looked back towards Ragini. 'Ragini... Ragini...'

Slowly he could see several memories passing by in his head.

Him talking to Ragini rudely, him teasing her, him poking her nose, calling her names. .

The slow flow in his mind became a roaring tornado in his head. He grabbed his head in pain, screaming out like a hurt animal.

He was remembering Ragini, her and Sanskar's betrayal, her changing for the better, how he fell in love with her, their marriage, Parineeta and Adarsh's betrayal, his and Sanskar's fight... everything...every single thing!

Laksh fell down on the floor with a thud, leaving the entire hall silent.

"Laksh!" Sanskar shouted in worry. "I'll deal with you later Swara." He rushed away towards the one whom he now knew for sure was his brother.

In a moment, everyone was around Laksh.

Sanskar and Ragini reached him first.

"Laksh! Laksh please wake up! Please! O God please! Save him!" Ragini spoke inbetween sobs.

"Please move back. Please! He needs air." However, people being the way they are, we're only peeping more curiously towards Laksh. Like he was an experiment or a spectacle.

"Move back or I'll tear apart each and every one of you!" Ragini screamed, shocking everyone enough to retreat.

That was the love of a wife towards her husband. Her promise of the seven rounds of marriage around the fire.

"Sanskar, here. Water." Swara brought a glass of water as fast as she could.

Sanskar took the glass and sprinkled some on Laksh's face. Now he understood why Swara used the same Mangalsutra.

"Get out of my way. Abhimanyu! My Abhimanyu! What happened!?" Mansi came near, pushing away the rest. "Let me see! Ragini get away from my husband, you witch! How dare you try to stea-" Shramishtha slapped her before she could speak more.

"He is in pain, and all you could think about is your marriage! How could you be so selfish!?"

"Hey how dare you slap Mansi?!" shouted Nikhil as he and Kabya moved forward to defend Mansi. However, they were blocked by was blocked by Uttara and Shekhar.

"Feeling left out Nikhil? You want me to punch you too?" taunted Shekhar.

Kabya was about to object, but one look from Uttara was enough to shut her up.

"Ra-Ragini?" Laksh croaked out, coming to consciousness.

"Yes, yes. I'm here. I'm right here." Ragini said, finally relieved that he was awake.

"I remember Ragini... I remember everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes, Love. Everything." Laksh smiled a teary smile at her and pulled her into a hug.

Ragini was speechless. He called her Love. Laksh was the only one who called her so endearingly with that name. Abhimanyu wouldn't call her that. Which meant...this meant...

Ragini broke out into tears and hugged Laksh back. "About time you remembered me idiot!"

"I know I am. I'm an idiot for leaving you to fight Sanskar in the first place!"

"That you definitely are. But you're my idiot." Ragini joked hugging him with all her strength.

"Finally! Bohot bhaga liya bhai." Sanskar remarked with a smirk. However, he too had tears in his eyes. He looked sideways at Swara, who looked frightened. Although he was damn angry at Swara for doing what she did, he was also thankful because it was her idea that brough his brother back. It will take time for wounds to heal and trust to be recovered, but they had time.

He tried to convey his thoughts to her through his eyes. Swara's shoulders relaxed seeing his smile.

Shramishtha high-fived Uttara and Shekhar. They were crying as well, but they were tears of happiness.

"Finally you two can be together now. I can't wait to tell the rest back home!" Uttara exclaimed happily, dialing no doubt Annapurna.

"No. Not yet. There's something still left to be done." remarked Laksh

All looked shocked.

"What do you mean Laksh?!" Sanskar asked in panic. 'What could be wrong now?'

"Ragini, I love you. And we can reestablish our marriage in this Mandap. But before that I have something important to do."

Ragini nodded with a chuckle. "I've waited for you for months. A few hours is nothing I can't bear."

"I still have some unfinished business with some people." Laksh looked behind them.

They all turned to see Mansi and her helpers, Kabya and Nikhil standing there.

"I need to take care of the garbage first. You will help me no, Sanskar bhai?" Laksh questioned, looking at Nikhil and Mansi with utmost hate.
The question had double relevance. Being as proud as they were, they weren't going to apologize to each other directly. And this was Laksh's way of extending the olive branch.

And Sanskar wouldn't have it any other way.

"O-ho-ho! I though you'd never ask little brother." Sanskar looked at Mansi and the rest of her companions with a dangerous smirk. "So, with whom shall we start?"

Mansi and the rest two gulped in fear. Everyone knew the Maheshwari brothers were good for the good, but equally bad for the bad people. They only prayed and hoped he would show a little mercy on them.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

And done 😉😉😉
Vote if you liked it! 🌟

~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro