5. Western

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Yo!

Back with another OS on RagLak. Hope you like!

Do comment and vote. 🌟 Votes won't cost you anything, but means a ton to us writers.

Moving on...

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Western

"Why not Swara? I've told Ragini the truth now. She said I indeed had hurt her, but at least she was glad I had the courage to tell her the truth."

"I don't love you and I will never."

"But Swara, I love you!"

"I'm sorry but...but I can't accept it! All I know is that you have agreed to marry my sister. And hence, you will marry her and that's it. She loves you so much!"

"And I love you with all my heart. If I marry her, it will be nothing but a crime towards her and myself." Laksh reasoned, coming near. "Even she said it's alright now. She understands that I love you and not her."

"But I know she's breaking from inside." Swara turned away from him. "I...I'm sorry Laksh. But I can't break her heart by accepting your proposal. Her engagement already broke with you once. Don't break it again. It will break her."

"Do I look like I want to break her? She's my friend too! But...but it will be injustice towards her."

"It is for the best Lucky." Swara walked towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It will be best for Ragini, and your family. And even if I don't want to admit it, it can't be denied that you brought this upon yourself. You were the one who lied about being alright with marrying Ragini. All because you wanted your brother back."

Laksh flinched at the accusation. He couldn't help but feel as if someone was piercing him with a knife. Wasn't it enough that he already felt guilty over the matter that she had to remind him of it everytime they met. Yes he knew he was wrong and he was guilty. However, at that moment, he couldn't help but feel irritated at her. "I know! I know I am to blame! But you don't have to rub it in my face everytime. I'm human. Can't I be wrong sometimes?"

"If you want me to sympa-"

"I'm not asking for sympathy. But all I wanted to hear from your lips was that you understand. That you realized I didn't have much of a choice. That at that moment I was ready to sacrifice anything for my brother. That I didn't have much time under the pressure from my family as well as yours!"

Swara frowned. "But you did do a mistake Laksh. You have to take responsibility for it."

Laksh stood there feeling numb. He couldn't believe her. Here he was trying so hard to keep everything from falling apart. He even admitted the truth to Ragini, irrespective of the consequences that might befall him just so that Ragini didn't feel betrayed later. He also agreed in the first place to a marriage he didn't want because of his brother. All he did was for others. There was nothing for him.

Yes, the steps he took were foolish and outright dumb, causing more damage then not. However, he thought she would understand him.

"Just..."Laksh looked at her in the eyes. "Just tell me one thing Swara. Do you really love me like I love you?"

"We already are through this Lucky. I can't be wi-"

"Tell. Me. If Ragini wasn't there, would you marry me? If everyone agreed, would you marry me? If everyone had asked your hand in marriage instead of Ragini for me, would you have said yes?"

Swara bit her lip and looked down without speaking a word. However, her silence had his answer.

He let out a rueful laugh and stepped back. "You won't will you? You don't...you don't love me the way I love you, do you?"

"No I...I think I love you. I really do!"

"You think you love me?" Laksh let out another hollow laugh and stepped back further. "That's where the difference lies Swara. Love isn't something you think! It's something you feel when you breathe, when you close your eyes, when you seethe person you would do anything for!" he shook his head. "I knew it, but refused to acknowledge it. I can't believe I lived thinking that maybe I was wrong when this thought occurred to me. I'm such a fool. A hopeless romantic fool!"

"La-"

"Hey guys!"

Laksh and Swara both looked at her in awe.

However, it wasn't a good kind of awe.

While Laksh looked sympathetic, Swara looked pissed off.

Despite noticing their looks, she ignored it and came to them with a bright smile. "Hello Laksh, hello Swara!"

"Hello Ragini." Laksh responded with a tight smile. It looked like he wanted to comment something, but was restraint himself.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

"It is indeed."

"I wa-"

"What is this nonsense, Ragini?" shouted Swara, interrupting her.

Ragini flinched at her words, but tried to smile at her. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like heck you don't know. I meant your look!" Swara exclaimed in bewilderment. "Jeans, top, jacket and a cap? This isn't your style Ragini."

She shrugged. "I um...I just thought to try out something new. You know, try to change my look for a change."

"No. The Ragini I know would never do such a thing for fun. She won't change herself into these modern outfits so easily. She's too outdated for that."

"W-Well I guess I just...wanted to be more up-to date." Ragini replied with a shaky grin. She didn't look as confident as before.

"Ragini, tell me the truth!"

"Swara, Maa was asking for you."

"You're changing the topic Ragini."

"But she really was. You should at least give her a call." Ragini advised.

Swara narrowed her eyes at her. Nevertheless, she nodded and took out her phone. She moved away to attend the call.

Left alone with Laksh, Ragini smiled at him. Laksh didn't know what else to do but smile back at her.

"I uh...I heard it is y-your birthday in a week?"

Laksh's eyes widened. "You're totally right! I had almost forgotten!" amidst all that was going on, he indeed had forgotten enough his birthday. But how did Ragini know? "How did you know?"

Ragini tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked down. "I...I was curious about it and so I asked Annapurna Maa."

"Oh."

"Sorry if you didn't like me finding out. I ju-"

"It's okay Ragini. I don't mind."

He really didn't. In fact, he was touched by her effort to know more about him and keep the important dates of his life in her mind. 'She's trying her best to make me like her. She's really making an effort to know more about me.'

Ragini smiled and took out something from the bag she was carrying. "I wanted to get you something. I don't think we shall be meeting this week. So, I bought it today itself." she pushed the wrapper gift into his arms. "Happy birthday in advance Laksh!"

Laksh smiled a genuine smile at her. "Thanks Ragini!" he shook the gift, wondering what was inside. "Aha! It's a watch, isn't it?"

Ragini blushed. "You know how to guess well. It's Rolex."

"Haha...thanks!" Laksh grinned. "But it must have cost you a fortune. Did Shramistha aunty allow you to spent so much of your monthly amount that she gives you?" Laksh joked. However, he was indeed wondering about it for real.

"Oh, we don't have that system of giving a monthly amount to the children in our family." Ragini explained.

"Then where did you get the money?"

Ragini smiled nervously. "I-I had it. It was my collection which I had saved from last year till now."

Laksh now had his eyes narrowed at her. "But last time we were at your house, I had heard you say you had spent half of it to buy a new sitar."

"Yeah. But I still had m-money left!"

"Which I don't think is enough to get me a Rolex!" Laksh exclaimed. Suddenly a dreadful thought hit him. "Ragini...tell the truth. You didn't...you didn't sell something important, did you?"

"O-of co-course n-not! Haha...! No, no!" Ragini tried to laugh it off. However, her anxious behavior and the panic she was trying to hide was obvious. "I think I-I should leave. Bye!"

"Oh no you don't!" Laksh ran after her and was able to catch her wrist. At once, he jerked her back, making her slam head first into his chest. "Ra-" he stopped speaking when her cap fell off and her hair was revealed. "You...you...you cut your hair?"

Ragini flinched and looked away. She swallowed hard, but nodded mutely.

"But you loved your hair! You even scolded me even if I accidentally pulled at it."

"But...but I wanted to get you something with my own money. And that shop gave money in exchange of hair to make wigs. Natural straight and long hair pays the most."

"And so you sold it just to buy me a present?"

"Yes."

Laksh didn't know if he should call her dedicated or an idiot. He couldn't believe she would go to that extent to just gift him a watch. She must really love him if she gave her hair for it.

To others, it might seem a trivial or even a laughable matter. But Laksh remembers how Ragini would tear up if she even lost a few strands of her hair. He knows how precious it was for her.

He couldn't help but smile down at her. His small smile which soon turned into a hearty laughter.

Ragini felt the rumble of his laughter in his chest as she was held against it. "You're laughing at me?" she asked in a disappointed voice.

She gave up something important of hers for him, and now she thought he was laughing at it. It made her eyes fill with tears. She tried to move away from him.

However, before she could do that she felt him hold her chin and make her look at him.

"Not you. I'm laughing at myself."

"What? But why?"

"Because while searching for gold around the mines, I've been blind to the diamond that had always been beside me." Laksh smiled at her. A small smile, but with a thousand emotions. His eyes peered into hers with affection.

"Ragini, come here and tell me the truth!" came Swara's voice as she came closer. "Are you trying to be like me so that you're more modern? That's ridiculous! And...and have you cut your hair? What in the world?!"

"Swara I had to."

"What do you mean had to? You look dull without it! Why would you go do that?!"

"Swar-" Ragini didn't get to complete her sentence as she felt a hand grab hers.

Laksh stood before Ragini and looked into her eyes. "You look beautiful Ragini. This new look really suits you. Unlike some other girls who would look bland, you look cute with your short hair."

Ragini blushed. "Really? You think I look good?"

"No, yo-" Swara didn't get to complete her sentence with Laksh speaking over her.

"Good? You don't just look good. You look completely ravishing!" Laksh commented, smirking as he saw Ragini turn more red if that was possible. He was enjoying the effect he was having on her.

Never in life did he think he would be able to like Ragini in that way. But she had proved to him how much she cared for him. She had managed to win his heart. And now, he was smitten. Smitten in her love.

"What in the world is happening here?!"

Laksh looked over at Swara in irritation. "Excuse me. About to be married couple chatting here. Could you please go away?"

Swara spluttered in indictment. She couldn't believe what was going on. Wasn't Laksh supposed to be in love with her? "Wh-what?!"

"Ragini, I think we should try to look for some beautiful sundresses that would go amazingly with your new haircut. Let's go shopping!"

"But...but I promised Maa to get these groceries." Ragini uttered, showing him the list.

"Oh that." Laksh took the list from her and walked towards Swara. "You can do this for her. I'm taking Ragini on a shopping date."

"But...but...but how? What an-"

"Shut it Swara. Only thing that happened right now was that I finally realized I have a brain that I should put use to and have a heart that deserves to be loved." he whispered to her, careful not to let Ragini hear. "You wanted me to pursue Ragini, right? Oh, now I will. But not because of any obligation. But because I think I like her too. And I'm sure that I can grow to love her. I won't come after you again."

"But...but you said you loved me. I love you too. It's onl-"

"Save it Swara. I don't want to listen to your excuses any longer. Now then, here's the grocery list." he handed it to her and moved back towards Ragini. "See you later Swara...my saali."

Swara's jaw would have hit the ground if it was cartoon at his words. "What?!"

"Tell Maa I'll be home after sometime, okay Swara?" Ragini spoke as she was led away by Laksh.

"No. Tell her that I'll drop Ragini home after we have lunch together. Also, tell her I'm taking her out tomorrow as well. After all, we should know to get to know each other better, no?" Laksh winked at Ragini.

"Y-Yes." Ragini replied with a blush. There was a genuine smile on her face, and it wouldn't go away no matter how much she tried to normalize her look. "It would b-be good. Thank you Laksh."

"No. Thank you Ragini. For putting me on the right track. I'm the bee which finally found the right flower for itself." Laksh admitted. "And I plan to keep it to myself for the rest of my life.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Over and out

~ 🍁 Mona🍁

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro