Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Guyssss I really do appreciate the love but I did warn you this book was just for fun and I wasn't even planning on publishing ittttt.

I'm really into updating 'Tempest' at the minute which if you're into brothers stories, drama stories or romance stories, I think you'll love...

"Nooo." The three year old complained in protest.

Her tiny arms tightened around her father's neck like a python trapping it's prey, surprising him with her strength.

"What's wrong sunshine? We were just in the water outside. You have to wash the chlorine out of your pretty red hair baby." Kian tried to assure her whilst stroking her bare back soothingly and rocking her from side to side.

The action did nothing to loosen her death grip on him and his words flew straight over her head.

Her anxious father was none the wiser of the stressful memories playing on a loop in the toddler's mind from the one and only time she's ever had a shower instead of a bath in her life.

She was away from home for a night with her mother in a hotel room that had the world's smallest bathroom and a shower head that was practically right above the toilet seat.

Kiara was already being cranky since she was so out of routine and not at all used to being anywhere but her beloved flat with Lucia, her mam.

The idea of having her first shower instead of a bath had her whining in complaint and the experience itself had her screaming the hotel down in a rare tantrum.

The baby had gotten some shampoo in her eyes and it sent her over the edge.

Every day since, the child has refused to so much as step inside a shower and poor Kian is up for one hell of a surprise.

"No."

She responds stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest, leaning away from him.

Kian's eyes widen in shock and a pang of hurt hits his heart at her hostility.

This is his first glimpse of a protesting and borderline tantrum throwing Kiara and his heart is already racing at the thought of having to responsibly and maturely handle the situation in a way that will show her a fair amount of discipline but also love and fairness.

If only he had figured out that this could have been avoided if he used the bathroom with a bath tub over the one with just a shower.

"Kiara baby." He warns in a gentle tone.

"It'll be over in two seconds. The quicker you jump in and be a brave girl, the faster you'll be out." Kian tries to persuade her, using the same tone of voice he would have if he suggested taking her to the playground, but in vain.

Because when he tries to lift up the little girl and plonk her down her vice like grip on him returns and her arms tighten around his neck, cutting off his airways once again.

"Can't...breathe..." Kian chokes out.

His pleads go straight over his stubborn daughters head and the poor boy is left struggling alone, his panic rising along side the redness in his face.

"BOO!"

Kian jumps in freight at the sudden sound but gasps for air when the red headed baby in his arms whirls around, her attention so suddenly being drawn to something more interesting.

"Unca Ro-Ro!"

Kiara cheers, wiggling in her fathers arms and reaching out to Rowan who happily takes her from her flustered father.

Rowan giggles at the adorable bundle of joy in his arms as he whirls her around eliciting her own laughter.

Kian takes the opportunity to turn on the shower and warm the water whilst Kiara is distracted and the two brothers meet eyes over the little ones head.

"She refuses to take a shower Ro. I've tried everything." Kian huffs in a whisper in hopes that little ears won't pick up on their boring adult conversation.

Rowan sends him an understanding nod, holding back the teasing comment on the tip of his tongue about how that's another thing she gets from him.

Faint flashes of memories pop up in his mind consisting of a mini naked Kian screaming down the house after being held underneath the shower for the first time by their mother once he'd grown to be too big for the baby bath.

Along with the clever solution his mother came up with to persuade him.

Rowan leans forward and blows one big raspberry on Kiara's rapunzle clad stomach causing her bright blue's to stream with tears of laughter.

"-top Ro-Ro...tickles..." she wheezes out the best she can, her little arms having no strength left in them to push the big oaf away.

Whilst she's distracted he subtly backs her into the water until there's a gentle stream running down the back of her head.

And so like the bright and attentive girl she is, she instantly tenses and screams at the top of her lungs.

"Okay okay okay okay. Calm down little one I'll stop." Rowan rambles in a panic, lifting her writhing figure up and ploking her onto the bath mat to drip on.

He looks up to his younger brother who returns his stare with a knowing look that screams 'you really thought you could fool her?'

But their attention is quickly drawn to the crying baby of the family who is unknowingly shattering the poor brothers' hearts.

Rowan takes the towel from Kian and bundles Kiara up into a tight cocoon.

Once swaddled, he lifts her up and comfortingly rocks her from side to side, left with no other option but to assure her and soothe her.

Rowan pecks her cheek once, twice and then a third time since he couldn't resist.

He loved the child as if she were his own. He would argue just as much as her father does.

Rowan and Kian were inseparable and so with Kian suddenly having a child he was always bound to be like an extra parental figure to her. Because nothing could break them apart.

And so now, the three are one inseparable team, the two brothers combining forces in one mission.

Raising Kiara.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"I can't believe you could be so fucking dim Kian."

Rowan quietly grits under his breath, keeping his eyes on the toddler infront of them ensuring her innocent ears don't pick up on his bad language.

Kian frowns in defense, trying to stop his cheeks from heating up in embarrassment.

It wasn't his proudest moment, he could admit.

"You're seriously telling me that after being in the hot tub you didn't think to bring her straight to the jacuzzi bath tub once she refused the shower?"

Rowan continues to antagonise his little brother for not using his common sense.

"Shut up Rowan I get it. You don't have to keep reminding me it's done now." Kian grumbles with a scowl that brightens into a proud grin the second Kiara's eyes fall on him as she holds up her multicoloured toy ducks that Rowan had found in her suitcase.

"Duckie" she boasts with the most precious prideful grin.

Both Wiley brothers simultaneously coo at the sight, Kian thinking of all the ways he can keep her this innocent forever and Rowan holding his phone up and snapping a picture for the photo book he's already been mentally planning since the moment she first flashed her dimples at him.

After the moment had been and gone, Kian decided to try and regain his position of responsible parent for a moment and decided it was fair time to shampoo the baby's hair.

"Let's wash your hair then shall we?" He announces, picking up the plastic cup by the side of the bath and filling it with bath water to wet her hair.

"Nooo!" Kiara whines with wide panicked eyes.

Kian tries to keep his agitated groan quiet.

She's an angel any other time. Why must she be so difficult about this? Kian mused.

"No shamp-poo dadda. Makes ra-ra's eyes hurt." The toddler explains with a sulk and a pouted bottom lip.

So true to himself, Kian returned the childish attitude with his own pout which only succeeded in making Kiara whine, frustrated that her supposedly mature father is using her own tricks on her.

"Where did my sunshine's pretty smile go?" Kian asked with wide, sad eyes.

Rowan shakes his head at his younger sibling's approach but never the less, watches the scene unfold. They never had much luck with young Kian once he was in a one of his strops so he thought it would do no harm to see if from one child to another, he could get through to her.

"Dada sad?" The girl inquires, the questioning lilt to her tone a sign that his tactic may be working.

Kian nods his head and bats his eyelashes right back at her.

Rowan slaps a hand over his mouth to stop from laughing out loud and ruining all of his progress.

Dad of the year, Rowan thought rolling his eyes.

"I just need to wash my babas hair so that I can go and eat my chocolate and strawberry pancakes for breakfast." Kian explains with a fake sadness.

So that's his angle. Rowan thought. Bribing her with pancakes. Such a Kian thing to do. He shakes his head.

"Pancakes?!" Kiara gasps, straightening up as though she'd been struck by lightening.

Kian nods in confirmation.

"My pancakes?" She asks, having the sense to seem timid about it after having just made her father sad moments ago.

She innocently bats her lashes right back at him which has Kian wanting to groan again in defeat.

He wasn't planning on going through the whole ordeal of making pancakes but now that he spat it out there's no taking it back.

Not after seeing those hopeful, wide ocean eyes.

But he's atleast going to use this to his advantage.

Something he'll find himself referring to allot during his parenting journey.

"Only good girls get pancakes."

He declares, laying down the deal in so many words and tempting her to obey and have her hair washed for a treat.

"I good girl." Kiara states with a determined scowl on her face, puffing out her chest and crossing her arms.

"Good girls are brave and let their dads shampoo their hair." Kian says smugly shrugging his shoulders.

"I brave." She counters.

"Okay then I guess I'll just pour this..." Kian fills the green cup with water, "...over your hair..." he does as he says and Kiara braves it as she promised, screwing her eyes tightly shut as it runs down her face.

Kian rubs the gentle baby shampoo Rowan had retrieved with her rubber ducks into her precious ginger locks, all the while praising her for how well she is doing whilst Rowan holds her tiny hand, rubbing the back of it soothingly with his thumb.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro