Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I woke up the next morning with a thudding headache that felt like someone was smashing my skull with a hammer, and nothing could justify my actions of the day before. The stupid meeting with Harry, the excessive drinking and the careless words that I shouted to the general public.

"Let's just forget about yesterday," I muttered to myself before getting out of bed as slowly as I could and walking into my living room.

The TV droned on almost like background music as I got ready for the day, trying to prepare myself for another day at the office. I was almost ready to go when I turned my attention back to the news reporters and the story they were covering.

"-they say she's a crazy ex-girlfriend of his. Some people think she's just making it up whilst others believe that there is some truth to her somewhat farfetched stories. What we do know is that her words are making people question the man himself- Harry Styles."

My heart dropped as the news report showed exerts of the video where I was screaming about Harry and I, and I watched in horror as I continued to shout negative things about him. The memory of the day before was all so blurry, and I had forgotten everything I had told to those kids who were filming.

"No! No! No! What have I done?" I whispered and immediately pulled out my laptop to see what was happening with the video of me.

Slowly, I typed in something that I hoped would come up with the video and waited as a YouTube video loaded on my computer. I was running my hands through my hair anxiously and jogging my leg, terrified of what could happen to my life if things got out of hand.

The video popped up and I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the fact that it already had three million views, and thousands of comments which I didn't dare read. How could something like this happen to me? Why had I been so stupid?

Switching my phone on carefully, I saw that I had thirty missed calls from Harry, ten for my boss and countless amount of texts from people in my life. They all asked the same question- what the hell was I talking about in the video? And in truth, I couldn't remember, but I didn't have the heart to watch the video back and see exactly what I said.

The object in my hand began to vibrate and I stared down in shock to see Harry's name flashing on the screen; panic rose in me and I tried to decide whether to pick up the call.

"Hello..." I said apprehensively, already knowing that Harry would be completely enraged.

"I'm coming over to your house right now and you're going to tell me exactly what has happened!" He yelled down the phone and I had the strong urge to break down into tears.

He hung up almost immediately afterwards and I slowly dialled my boss' number, shaking slightly with both fear and regret. I told her that I couldn't come into work and she understood, telling me to just let things blow over and not address the situation to the press.

My nerves wracked my body as I waited for Harry to arrive, and I tried to prepare my apology in my head, everything I would say to him that would try to justify my actions. 

The knock at the door shocked me slightly, mainly because of its sheer force and noise. It was Harry, I already knew that it would be no one else. Taking a shaky breath, I tried to walk confidently to the door even though all I wanted to do was hide under a blanket and never resurface again.

Opening the door, I was greeted by the face of an angry man, someone who I knew was trying to restrain himself from screaming at me.

"Harry," I whispered, trying to think of how I would be able to apologise to him.

"Why? Why Matilda? Why would you do something like that?" He said the minute the door was closed and we were alone; I couldn't meet his gaze because I was so ashamed.

"I was drunk... And upset- which is not an excuse I know, but it sort of explains my state of mind. I'm so sorry Harry."

"I've been drunk plenty of times and I've never tried to ruin someone's life. Do you know how much shit you've put me in Matilda? With my wife, my management, and the general public. You've screwed up everything that I've worked so hard for!"

The look of disappointment in his eyes made me want to break down in tears, and the guilt I felt was heavy on my body.

"I don't know what I can say that will make this better," I mumbled to him, not quite sure what he wanted to achieve by shouting at me.

"Matilda can you not see the truth? We will never be a healthy couple, and we will never work as a couple. We'll never go on long, romantic walks or go on exciting holidays that we tell at our dinner parties. Me and you are nothing more than a pair of childhood friends who find comfort in each other's existence."

"Can you not see that your words hurt me?" I said to him, trying to control the tears that were brimming in my eyes, threatening to spill onto my cheeks.

"I'm telling you the truth, just so there is no confused emotions between us anymore. Goodbye Matilda, I hope you don't ruin anymore lives in the future."

He slammed the door on his way out, but I almost didn't hear it. I was too busy focusing as the world around me crumpled for the second time in two days, and I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself.

What had I done? And more importantly, what had I become?

So Matilda went viral and Harry got super pissed and told her it straight. Where will our Mattie go from here?

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro