Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

He didn't know where he was, or who were the people studying him from some sort of hidden spot. Though it was completely silent, he could still feel their gazes burning into his skin.

Time had passed, and he could barely feel the churning in his stomach anymore, letting him know his heart rate had turned to somewhat normal and the threatening instincts had fallen into an uneasy slumber, giving him a little more room to breathe.

Not that he was happy being conscious. He knew what was coming, his body already recognizing the same old pattern of being forced down before his body became someone else's to control.  

The knowledge dawned and cold sweat coated his dirty skin as he tried to come up with a reasonable plan. Though his chances were slim, he could still remember the glimpses of freedom he had held in the palms of his hand. Besides, he had a dog to feed. So there was no chance of him staying locked up. 

Absolutely none. 

He tried to feel the cuffs, trying to see how tight they were. He frowned when he realized they weren't biting into his skin. They were loose enough to not be uncomfortable but tight enough for him to be unable to get out of them. 

The chair he was on wasn't cold as ice and hard as iron either, it was soft and comfortable instead.

How strange.

He had a feeling that this was not the work of Hydra but the unfamiliar group instead. He had encountered them here and there, though never really knowing their mission as he knew Hydras.

He was fairly sure that they didn't appreciate him eliminating their agents.

His instincts were somewhat dull and his mind seemed to be a bit slower, calmer even. He didn't like the weightlessness he felt, the inability to  be hundred percent present didn't help his anxiety that was forced down either. 

When the door hissed opened quietly, his mind didn't register it until he heard the light footsteps nearing and the door closing. He looked over towards the sound. His gaze focused on a lithe woman who became to a stop near his chair but not too close. Her dark brown hair was in a tight bun and eyes averted from his to let him assess her before making any other movements. 

Usually there were more people involved when it came to erasing his mind, he needed to get out. Despite her looking non threatening and keeping her movements slow, he didn't believe the façade one bit. The cuffs and drugs in her system were a constant reminder that he had no upper hand in this. He needed to get his body to function, he needed to leave. 

"Hello, I'm Uma Jazuat and I'm here just to fill you in, okay?" she offered a gentle smile as she slowly moved towards the table and computers to grab a rolling chair and roll it back to her previous spot. She sat down to be more eyelevel with him, to seem less threatening. 

"Before I tell you everything, I need to know if you're in any pain currently? You can shake or nod your head. You'll feel stronger soon, I'm sorry about what we were forced to do. I'm afraid you lost control."

Fuck you he wanted to scream. Wanted to snarl at her to back off, to get lost before he rips her throat open for being so close. He could smell her coconut scent on him, telling him that she had touched him when he was unconscious. There was numerous other scents as well, but he hadn't yet seen the others. 

He kept his glare on her, refusing to move until he felt strong enough to wring her neck. She nodded thoughtfully, looking away from his intense stare to try and make him feel slightly less intimidated by the situation.  

"We're in one of the SHIELD bases, for safety reasons I cannot tell you the location of the base. You're restricted to make sure you don't harm the staff and yourself, we will let you up once we're convinced you are not going to abuse our trust. Although we have been running some tests to make sure you are okay, you will not be harmed, abused or forced into anything here. You are safe and all we are asking is for you to accept our help."

Her voice was calm, words slow to make sure he understood every word. Will wanted to scoff at her idiocy, who did she think he was? And help? He didn't need help. He needed them to back off and let him go or he'd make them.

His chest hurt, the forced down anxiety wanted to burst out. He balled his fists, trying to break the handcuffs to make her leave. Her dark eyes snapped to his hands immediately but to his annoyance, she did not give out an signs of being uncomfortable or even scared. 

"I understand this might be a frustrating situation for you, but we wish to only help." 

Will opened his mouth, whispering to the woman who went rigid as soon as the words left his cracked lips. 

"I'll kill you." 

"Very well, it seems like you're need of some rest. Food will be brought to you soon." she said, standing up and placing the chair back to it's previous spot behind Will. 

She froze when she heard a small click, her shoulders tensed and the little hairs on the back of her neck rose. Her brain was ringing alarm bells, telling her to run. Another click made her wince. 

William pushed himself up, briefly glancing at the broken cuffs before turning his burning gaze solely on the woman. He couldn't summon the beast or change his appearance, but he didn't need to. She was weak, the bitter smell of fear oozing from her every pore. 

"Sir- it is alright, I am no danger to you." she said timidly, slowly turning around to refrain from moving too fast and possibly triggering him. He was closer than she had expected. Her mind was running million miles per minute, wondering why they weren't doing anything. Was this a test she was unaware of? She knew her job was dangerous, but the realization that she was just a test person, hurt. 

William was angry. She was a liar, they all were. And not once had he thought that he'd leave them alive. There was a reason he was labelled a wild soldier. He couldn't be contained or ordered about as easily as others. 

Raising his hand to deliver the death blow, a voice from the doorway made him halt. 

"Will, don't! This isn't you."

Standing so close to him, Uma could see the immediate change in his appearance. His pupils expanded and dilated before expanding again. When he was deadly calm and dangerously focused on her every move before, then now he seemed to be gripped by rage. His expression changed and he seemed to look past Uma, to the reflection on the glass behind her head. A familiar man stood there, his broad shoulders taking up most of the space there. He couldn't really see his eyes, but he knew the baby blues were solely focused on his back.

Taking advantage of his distraction, Uma ducked and ran towards Steve. 

William, however, growled with anger and slammed his hand on the table that held the equipment. He gripped a sharp piece of the broken table and hurled it towards the man within a blink of an eye. Steve pushed Uma through the doorway and threw himself on the ground to avoid the self-made weapon, his wide eyes looking up at the approaching man he used to call brother a long time ago. 

His face was twisted in pure anger, eyes focused on him that seemed to burn with hatred and disgust so strong, he didn't even pay attention to the soldiers that swarmed the small glass cage. He didn't care about them until they cut off his view of Steve. He immediately attacked, wanting them away from his sight and his next target. 

Steve was pushed out, but he still watched as Will tried to fight them off just to get to him and kill him. He'd seen the look on many faces, but seeing it on his was what really made him realize how fucked up everything was. Back in the safety, the door hissed shut and immediately the small chamber was filled with hazy gas. The soldiers dropped like flies and it was no surprise when William was the last man standing. In his anger, he destroyed the computers, the desk, the chair before his body seemed to become too heavy to be still standing. 

He panted as he fell on his knees, his eyes landing on one of the nearby passed out soldiers and the gun in his hand. 

Falling on his stomach, he weakly grabbed the weapon with shaky hands. His heart threatened to give out, and his mind was unclear, he wasn't even sure what he was doing as he turned the barrel towards himself.

The shakiness made the weapon slip and without wishing to, his head lulled against the white floor. With a disappointed sigh, William's eyes closed and he felt into a deep slumber. 

Well, I mean, yikes? Don't know what to rant today, so just hoping you enjoyed it, don't forget to drop a comment! 

all the best

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro