36: Turned

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Amy's POV

Matt left my father and me alone. I knew I could turn him. All the signs were there. "Dad, you don't want to hurt me. If that was your intention you would've done it long ago." I told him. I knew it was true. "Look deep inside yourself. You don't wish any harm upon me. I'm your daughter."

"You're a distraction. Any moment now, your friends are going to pop out of the trees and save you. It was all a setup, wasn't it? Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He yelled angrily into the trees.

I took a step forward. "There's nobody else here, dad. Just you and me."

He seemed threatened, putting his blaster up. "I'll shoot you, Amy! I swear I will!" He yelled. "Oh, wait!" He laughed. "Never mind that. This is some sort of ambush, right? All your friends in the trees, just waiting to tear me to shreds. Well guess what, precious! It isn't going to happen! I'm immortal! Invincible!"

I shook my head again and took another step toward him, keeping my voice soft and quiet. I talked to him like my mother used to talk to me when I was sick. "Dad, I love you... Despite our past, just know I will always love you." I started walking to him, not stopping for his threats this time.

"Amy, stop!" He yelled. "Amy, I'll shoot you, I swear I will!" He began to shake. "Stop, Amy! Leave! Go! Leave me alone!" His entire body was shaking now. The blaster fell from his hands as I got closer, about ten feet away. "Amy, no! Amy, please!" He pleaded, as if desperate to keep himself together. I continued walking toward him, which made him fall to his knees, tears beginning to streak down his face. I seemed to be the only one who could break him like this. If it was anyone else, I was sure he would've shot them without a second thought. He loved me very much, I could sense it. The pride and love he had for me came bursting out through the force, almost overwhelmingly so as he cried. As I approached him, he seemed to become solid. I got down on my knees in front of him and hugged him tightly, finding that he was completely solid, almost as if he was a human being. However, I could still sense his immortality.

"I'm a monster, Amy..." He whispered to me. He was crying into my shoulder, but after a moment, he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

After we pulled away, I got a good look at him. He looked a bit younger than me, around twenty-five. "Dad, how do you look so young?" I asked.

He wiped his tear-stained face. "Immortality is a powerful thing, Amy. I'm fifty years old."

I was shocked but shook it off. "Come on, I think it's time we formally introduced you to everyone."

Dad nodded and I helped him up, in which he pulled me into another hug, kissing the top of my head. "I've missed you, Amy..." He said softly, still shaking a bit.

"I've missed you too, daddy..." I said back to him, hugging him tightly.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro