13 - Dust pt. 2

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dust pov

The odd skeleton, who I just discovered was named Error, lead me out of the lower area of Waterfall. I was still kind of numb to what was going on and didn't realize I was home until I was sat down on my couch. Coming a bit more out of my head I noticed that not only did they sound glitched out they looked the part as well.

Was that natural?

They shook off snow from their feet and grumbled a bit as they brushed off their jacket. At first I thought I was just seeing things but they looked a bit like me. 

"...I'm confused about something."

"What is it?" They adjusted their gloves before looking at me with their multicolored eyes.

"What did you mean... earlier about you not stopping from going over?" 

They had a look of realization before looking troubled and placing a hand behind their neck. 

"That's a bit complicated to explain."

"I have time... I'm not going anywhere."

"Brother be nice..." I ignored that wanting to have some kind of answer.

"Well... how do I explain this...." they sat on the couch and looked to be in thought. They seem to have an answer once they looked at me.

"I'm a destroyer. I go around to make sure there are no glitches. If necessary, for the safety of others, that might include whole worlds. I destroy yet another creates. There's a balance, are you understanding so far?"

"So... it's like a Ying and Yang situation."

"Yeah actually. Well let's just say a lot of people wanted me dead because of it. They didn't understand that there needed to be a balance. They pushed me too far so..." They trailed off but I understood what that implied.

"If that happened then why are you-"

"Alive? My guess is I got a second chance to do my job in a different multiverse."

"The multiverse exists?!"

"Oh yeah... should've started with that."

I rubbed my head feeling a bit confused about the information I just heard. In way it makes sense. Here was another skeleton, who looked like me, telling me that the multiverse existed. I always had a feeling but never had definitive proof. Then I started to really think about what they said.

They had a job to keep the multiverse balanced but it caused them to be pushed to the edge. By the sound of it no one had supported them. They probably couldn't change my world from becoming what it is, stop me from what I became. But they weren't heartless. They could've let me drop but they didn't, they stopped me. No one else could've since no one else was around.

".....that's dumb."

I could tell that took them off guard since the glitches got a bit spazzy and I realized that it sounds like I said the multiverse existing is dumb. I quickly shook my head.

"Wait! I didn't mean-" I sighed before continuing. "I mean getting pushed to the end for something you can't control is dumb. Just because people didn't like it."

It was quiet and I thought I made it awkward. I wanted to apologize and take it back but they beat me to it. 

"Thanks." 

The atmosphere cleared up after that and we managed to chat for a bit but eventually my situation did come up again.

"So, what do I do now. My home is empty, the human isn't coming back, no resets will happen.... can't I just go with you."

They seemed to cringe at the suggestion but I could tell it was for a personal reason.

"I'm afraid not. Where I live you might go insane and I'd rather not be responsible for that outcome. But... I believe that you will find a place soon. I have a strong feeling about that."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not, but I trust my gut." 

I could tell there was something they weren't telling me but I let it go as they stood up suddenly looking a bit uneasy.

"Anyways I did enjoy our chat but I have to go, something else requires my attention." 

They headed for the door as I stood up to walk them out in a way.

"Will we ever see each other again?"

They paused for a moment under the doorway to think before nodding. 

"Yeah, I believe we will." 

With that they waved bye and stepped out before teleporting away. Once again it was quiet and empty. With a sigh I closed the door and started to think if I really should keep going. There was nothing for me to do and no one around anyways. 

I sat alone for about twenty minutes before I heard a knock on my door.

I hesitated to answer since no one was around and the only one it could be was Error. However when I opened it I was greeted by a different skeleton. They had black tear marks on their face, no eyelights, and a target on their front. In the hand was a knife but it was held pretty loosely. 

"Hey there pal, my boss would like to offer you an opportunity. May I come in?"

I wanted to say no but I remembered Error said I would find a place soon. Was this it? Was I going to turn away my only way out? I don't really trust this guy yet he doesn't look like he's trying to trick me. I let him inside so we can talk.

Error/Your pov

Looking through my window I saw Killer arrive at Dust's house and closed it. If I stayed for too long I might have had to see Nightmare and I don't think I was mentally prepared for it. Not yet at least. Hopefully it goes well for him and he won't be alone anymore. I can only pray that this Nightmare isn't a bad one, like a really bad one.

"Good luck Dust."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro