Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

In the lavishly adorned boardroom of the Blackwood Hotel, Victoria and Alexander took their positions at the head of the imposing conference table, ready to reveal their partnership with the Opulent Chateau in a room filled with investors.

Victoria, wearing a sharp business suit, surveyed the room with her aloof demeanor, while Alexander, equally well-dressed and sporting a confident smile, stood by her side. The investors, a mix of stern-looking individuals, awaited the presentation.

Victoria whispered a reminder to Alexander: "Remember, let's stick to the plan." He acknowledged her with a nod and a reassuring smile.

Clearing her throat, Victoria commenced the presentation with confidence. "Gentlemen, we are gathered here today to discuss a collaboration between two esteemed establishments, the Blackwood Hotel and the Opulent Chateau."

Whispers and hesitant applause followed the announcement, revealing that not everyone was sold on the idea. Victoria and Alexander recognized that they had to work hard to win over every member of the board.

Victoria chose to explain further. "We know that some of you may have some contributions to make, and we genuinely value your input. If anyone has questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to voice them. Transparency is key."

Mr. Jenkins, one of the investors, raised an eyebrow, voicing his skepticism. "Could you please elaborate on the details of this partnership, Miss Victoria?"

Victoria leaned forward, ready to clarify. "Certainly, Mr. Jenkins. This partnership allows our guests to enjoy the best of both worlds: the luxury of the Opulent Chateau and the sophistication of the Blackwood Hotel. We've created exclusive packages to make our guests' experiences even better."

As Victoria explained the partnership details, Mr. Jenkins remained skeptical, crossing his arms. "But how can we be sure it will be profitable? I've invested in the Opulent Chateau before, and they always delivered. While the Mistress of the Blackwood Hotel has a good reputation, collaborations like this can be risky. Can you offer more reassurance that this will succeed?"

Victoria's expression tightened. "Mr. Jenkins, our thorough market research overwhelmingly supports its potential for significant profit. However, if you need more security, I'm willing to personally refund your investment if we fall short of our projections."

Her emphasis on the last part seemed to resonate among the investors, and they exchanged murmurs. Another investor raised his hand, clearly dissatisfied.

Victoria acknowledged him, her annoyance showing. "Yes, sir, do you have a question?"

He folded his arms and wore a thoughtful expression. "I still have some doubts about how this partnership will benefit us, especially considering your reputation for dealing with other investors in the past."

Victoria maintained her composure and replied calmly, "I appreciate your concerns, and I assure you that our approach in this partnership will be both fair and transparent. Our goal is to create a mutually beneficial collaboration."

But he was unyielding. "Well, I've been an investor for decades, and I have a gut feeling about these things. I don't like it, and my gut is never wrong."

Victoria was dumbfounded, her frustration mounting. She sighed and rubbed her temples. "Respectfully, gut feelings are not the most reliable business indicators."

"My gut has never failed me! I won't proceed with this," he insisted adamantly.

Victoria's voice raised slightly. "I'm not concerned with your gut feelings!"

The other investors whispered to each other; their conversations hushed as they observed how Victoria reacted to one of their fellow investors. They were cautious, hoping to avoid the same fate as some of her past investors who had faced her tough business practices, which made them hesitant to fully embrace the partnership.

Sensing the rising tension and Victoria's diminishing patience, Alexander decided to intervene with a smile. "Actually, I've heard that gut feelings have led to some of the most remarkable investment decisions in history."

The investor blinked in surprise, momentarily taken aback by Alexander's unexpected comment, as was everyone else in the room. Victoria looked at Alexander with narrowed eyes. "You have? Finally, someone understands."

He smiled, thinking he and Alexander were on the same page.

Alexander nodded enthusiastically, playing along. "Oh, absolutely! Some of the world's most prosperous investors attribute their success to a kind of'magical gut' that guides them on whether or not to make investment choices or not."

The whole room went silent as they caught onto the nonsensical idea, and the other investors in the room began to chuckle at the notion. Even Victoria couldn't help but crack a smile at the ridiculous turn in the conversation.

"Apologies, sir," Alexander continued. "With all due respect, we take your concerns seriously and will provide all necessary assurances to address them. So, there is no need to trouble your gut with business and investments. Let it focus on more important matters, like deciding what's for lunch or dinner, just like any other regular gut."

Laughter filled the room, and the tense atmosphere began to dissipate. Alexander couldn't help but feel satisfied when he noticed Victoria smiling at him. Perhaps, he thought, she was beginning to warm up to him.

The laughter continued for a moment, breaking the tension that had gripped the room.

Victoria decided to steer the conversation back on track now that the investors were in a more agreeable mood. "Thank you all for your questions and concerns. Rest assured, we are committed to making this partnership a success. We will provide you with detailed assurances and plans to address any reservations."

The investors seemed more receptive now, nodding in agreement. They were willing to give the partnership a chance, especially after the unexpected moment.

Alexander, feeling confident by the change in the atmosphere, said, "We appreciate your support and understanding. Together, we can make this venture a remarkable success."

With a more optimistic atmosphere prevailing, the meeting continued on a lighter note. Victoria and Alexander presented the detailed plans and benefits of the partnership, addressing each investor's concerns and answering their questions.

During the meeting, it became clear that the investors were becoming more open to the idea. Their hushed discussions and occasional nods reassured Victoria.

Investors who had initially been doubtful were now nodding in agreement and engaging in discussions among themselves about the potential benefits of the partnership.

Towards the end of the meeting, one of the previously doubtful investors, raised his hand once more. This time, his expression was less stern, and he wore a faint smile. Victoria acknowledged him with a nod.

"I must admit," He began, "your presentation has been quite convincing. While my gut may have had its doubts earlier, it seems that my brain now agrees with the potential of this partnership."

A ripple of laughter spread across the room, including from Victoria, who appreciated the change in his demeanor.

"We look forward to seeing this collaboration thrive," he concluded, receiving nods of agreement from his fellow investors.

Victoria and Alexander exchanged satisfied glances, knowing that they had successfully won over their investors with a touch of humor and professionalism. The board meeting concluded on a positive note, with hopes for a promising collaboration.

As the investors began to leave the boardroom, Victoria let out a sigh of relief. The weight of the meeting had been a heavy burden, but now she felt a sense of accomplishment. She smiled to herself.

"We did it," Alexander started, his voice tinged with relief and pride. "It looks like our partnership is off to a great start."

Victoria gave a small nod in agreement, her tone indifferent as she replied, "Sure," before she briskly gathered her items and left the boardroom. Alexander followed behind her.

Walking side by side down the corridor, Alexander began, "I didn't expect it to go that well," he admitted, a genuine smile on his lips, hoping for some acknowledgement from Victoria.

Victoria, however, rolled her eyes, her voice laced with sarcasm as she retorted, "Indeed, it was a pleasant surprise when you decided to turn our board meeting into an open house comedy routine." She didn't seem particularly interested in continuing the conversation.

"So that means you found it funny, right?" Alexander asked Victoria, looking for a hint of approval. However, she just shook her head, still indifferent to his efforts at humor.

Alexander couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment at Victoria's indifference. He cleared his throat and shifted the topic. "Well, regardless of the approach, it seems we've won them over. That's what matters, right?"

Victoria continued down the corridor, not bothering to answer Alexander's question. She remained stoic, her thoughts elsewhere, leaving Alexander a bit disappointed that his attempt at humor hadn't gotten him the response he hoped for.

Alexander decided to change the subject, realizing that Victoria wasn't in the mood for conversation. They walked in silence for a while until they reached Victoria's office.

"Well, Victoria, I think the meeting went well," Alexander commented, trying to keep the conversation light. "It looks like our investors are on board with the partnership."

Victoria nodded, her expression still indifferent. "Yes, it seems so."

Alexander sighed inwardly, feeling a bit awkward due to Victoria's indifference. He knew he had a lot of work to do to win her over, both personally and professionally. With a polite nod, he bid her farewell, determined to continue his efforts to bridge the gap between them.

Andrew continued to stay with Eliza while he recovered. Over time, his strength returned, and they spent hours chatting and growing closer. Eliza unexpectedly enjoyed his company, and they became comfortable around each other.

As Andrew's health improved, he started helping with household chores and even helped the triplets with their studies, occasionally with stories of his adventures. She sometimes wondered about the type of person he is, given the mysterious circumstances surrounding their meeting, but she was grateful for his presence.

On a sunny afternoon in Eliza's backyard, a gentle breeze swayed through the air. Andrew and Eliza stood together, holding a basket of freshly laundered clothes. The empty clothesline before them.

Eliza handed Andrew a wooden clothespin with a warm smile. "Here's how we do it, Andrew. We hang our clothes out to dry in the sun. It gives them that fresh, sun-kissed scent."

Andrew took the clothespin with a smile. "Sounds lovely. I've never done this before."

Eliza chuckled in surprise. "Never? What kind of life have you led?" She teased. Andrew blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Eliza demonstrated how to secure a piece of clothing to the line, and Andrew tried to mimic her technique clumsily with a wet shirt, resulting in some laughter and conversation as they worked together. Soon, the clothesline was filled with bedsheets and other clothing articles gently swaying in the breeze.

Eliza glanced at Andrew, who was now focusing on hanging a bedspread. "You're doing great, Andrew."

He grinned at her. "Thanks, Eliza. This is surprisingly enjoyable."

After completing the task, Eliza turned to him with a playful smile. "You weren't so bad at this!" She teased Andrew about his earlier clumsiness. She reached for a jar filled with wooden clothespins.

Andrew raised an eyebrow, playfully pretending to be offended. "I wasn't that bad?"

Eliza smirked, picking up a clothespin from the jar and placing it on his shirt. "Yes," she replied, holding another clothespin at the ready.

Andrew laughed and removed the clothespin she had placed on his shirt. He decided to play along and clipped it onto one of Eliza's braided pigtails.

Eliza gave him a faux-stern look as he added more clothespins to her pigtails. She pushed him away and removed the clothespin he had placed on her hair. Andrew laughed and continued trying to clip more clothespins to her braids.

"Stop!" Eliza squealed and started running around the backyard, attempting to secure her pigtails, while Andrew chased her with a mischievous grin, holding a clothespin.

The triplets heard the laughter from the backyard and followed the sound. They watched in delight as their older sister played with Andrew, their eyes sparkling with joy.

The three siblings exchanged gleeful glances. It was a rare sight to see Eliza having such carefree fun, and they couldn't resist joining in on the excitement.

Without hesitation, the eldest triplet, Don, grabbed a clothespin from the jar, while his younger siblings, Sierra and Giselle, followed suit. With clothespins in hand, they darted towards Eliza and Andrew, who were now engaged in a playful chase around the yard.

Giselle managed to sneak up behind Andrew and playfully clip a clothespin onto the back of his shirt, causing him to spin around in surprise. Don and Sierra teamed up to approach Eliza with smiles on their faces.

Within moments, clothespins were being clipped onto clothes and hair as the friendly game continued.

The backyard was filled with laughter as the clothespin chase ended. Andrew, Eliza, and the triplets, filled with joy, began to gather the clothespins.

"I stuck more clothespins than anyone!" Andrew said with a victorious smirk.

Eliza reached out and plucked the clothespin from Andrew's shirt, her fingers lingering for a moment longer than necessary. "You're quite the competitor."

Andrew managed to remove one from Eliza's hair, their laughter filling the air. He grinned at her.

"Only when I'm competing with you," he quipped, playfully tugging on her braid.

Eliza chuckled in response. They both smiled and laughed, enjoying the moment as the triplets observed them with sly smiles on their faces.

Giselle couldn't help but comment to her brothers as they watched Eliza and Andrew interact in the backyard. She leaned in closer to her brothers, Sierra and Don, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"They seem extra friendly with each other!" Giselle whispered with a knowing smile.

Don nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I've never seen Eliza so comfortable around someone."

Sierra chimed in with a grin. "Do you think there's something more going on between them?"

Giselle raised an eyebrow, with her hand on her chin. "Well, they do seem pretty close, but who knows? Maybe they're just really good friends."

"Sure." The triplets nodded amongst themselves before glancing at them again and nodding in agreement with Giselle's observation.

"Let's give them some space," Don suggested, leading the way back to the house, followed by Sierra. Giselle, however, remained fixated on Eliza and Andrew before a sudden idea struck her. Her eyes widen in realization as she snaps her fingers.

Without hesitation, she dashed into the house after her brothers.

☆✿☆☆✿☆☆✿☆☆✿☆☆✿☆☆✿☆☆✿☆

A/n:
Well I tried to give a fluffy chapter. I hope I didn't well. I don't know if it feels rushed or anything but I would like to know what you think (ʘᴗʘ✿)
So till another time!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro