Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When I thought she must be bawling her eyes out crying, she was actually sitting in her bed, with files.

Okay if it comes to being a workaholic, then she's my serious competition.

I walked in, "Here, your coffee."
Like usual, she didn't throw a thank you at me, instead just took the cup, giving me a brief glance.

Taking some initiation on my own side, I sit down on the bed, across her, "What are you doing?"

"McGregor's presentation", was all she said.

We need it after four days, so there's nothing urgent.

"Uh...I am going out and I need company.", I resumed my stern voice, "And you're giving me company."

"I am busy. You can take Stephan.", Was the straight reply.

She started picking up her phone, when I snatched it away from her, "Who's the boss!?"

She sighed and frowned at me, "I'll get ready."

"Car is out."

"We are not going in car.", She frowned at my reply.

"Oh! Then let me call a helicopter your majesty.", She said sarcastically.

I ignored her, for the grin was coming back.

She's better when sarcastic, and worst with the tears.

I went further in the garage, and infused life to my bike.

Coming out, I gave her a helmet and she gave me a suspicious look, "You sure you can ride that thing."

"We both won't be killed. Now c'mon!"

She wore the helmet, and then hesitantly kept a hand on my shoulder.
Getting on the bike, I felt how she maintained a decent distance between us. But how to tell her, I am a fast rider.

Without saying anything, I started the bike and drove away.

I smirked when I heard her yelling, "Will you slowdown man!"

"Boss!! Have you lost it. Go slow!"

I was grinning now, "Hold tight assistant! I won't stop to pick you up if you fall."

And then I felt her one hand circling my waist, and another going round my shoulder.

It was her moment of surrender, but instead of feeling triumphant, I felt a tingling in my stomach.

"Where are we going!?", Her yelling broke my thoughts.

Even I didn't think about it, "It's a surprise!!!!", I yelled back..

Now I don't know where to take her.

It is still 10 in the morning and we can't be possibly riding throughout States.

Using some brain, I drove us to a diner in the Outskirts of the city.

It was less crowded, and I liked it the last time I came here with David.

"What's wrong with you Sir!? You broke all speed limits! That's not done.", Here the ranting starts.

I scratched my head disinterested, "Come I am hungry after hearing your screams all the way till here."

She scoffed at me, and we walked in.

Our steps were halted by a loud squeal, "Ahhhh we have customers! Oh my love! Such a sweet couple..."

We turned in the direction to find a short man running towards us, "Ahah! Welcome lovebirds! Please come in."

Then he leaned to me, "You want a bit private place boy!?", I turned to reply but no chance, "See I know it!"

"Hey Allen! Give this beautiful couple a spot in the balcony...", The waiter came and started staring at Erica, then instantly turning red.
"Please ma'am this way!"

And I was ignored.

Once at the table, our order was taken, the boy started dancing around us like a butterfly.
Erica would smile often, and he clearly misunderstood the signal.

Not able to stop myself I finally intervened, "Uh..My girlfriend here, and me want some privacy!", I smiled sickly at him, and his face instantly fell.
And then sulking he left.

Taking a sigh, I returned my focus to the table only to find Erica staring at me.

"What!?", I asked.

"Where's your girlfriend!? I don't see her.", And she started searching below the table.

"Ahh.....I mean...You know...My...My phone!?", I said picking up the first thing before me, "I need some privacy to use my phone."

She eyed me for few seconds then resumed her breakfast.

Our day went well for we did roam around the city carelessly.
We visited some museum, went for a movie that bored us both, then we went to an art gallery and now finally sitting near a cliff, watching the sunset.

"See it was better than working!", I pointed out.

She smirked in my direction, "I was the one suggesting this yesterday while someone was busy sulking over an unknown topic for a week."

I raised my hands in surrender, "Ok fine. Credit goes to you."

"Are you cold!?", I asked her once I saw her rubbing her arms.

"You didn't tell me we'll have no car."

E R I C A

I was looking forward in the serenity.
I rarely enjoy, with all that hovering over my heart and mind.
And friends!? I have none.

Life made me so ambitious to pull myself out from the hell hole, that I never got time to make a friend.
I had acquaintance. A plenty. So having this kind of fun was rare.

I felt something over me, and looked up to see his jacket draped over me.
"Hey! I'll manage. What will you...."

"I'll take it back at home. It's a favour that you'll be returning soon."
Such a asshole he is.
I thought he's doing that gentleman stunt, we saw in today's movie.

When I turned to look at me, he was smirking.

The smirk monster.

A grin made it's home on my lips. And I wore his jacket, "Then let me make the most out of it."

"You know you don't need to hide your smile behind that smirk.", I pointed out.

"Smiling shows weaknesses. People come to know what things make you happy and what not."

"Like my marks!?", I said before I could realize what I am saying, and damn the nervousness! it showed all my shock and regret on face.

What happens to me when I am with him!!? I lose control over my speech and everything in my heart comes out of my mouth.

I felt his hand over mine, and then a slight squeeze, which surprisingly calmed me down.

Silence followed then.

I thought the topic is killed but he spoke up,
"Erica past often hurts. That is a character of it. And u fortunately we can't erase it. But things are still in our hands. We can come out stronger and kill our insecurities. Your marks are the constant reminder of your past. Whatever it is. And you are very insecure because of them. Don't tell me there cause...But you can tell me why you didn't treat them."

I was all the time looking at him, as he said so.
There is something very different about him. Something that convinces me apart all my reasonings.
And looking in his blue green eyes, I feel I can trust him.

"When James and Jessica found me, it was Jess who was changing my clothes for the first time. I was...say not well. So naturally she saw my marks. I was disgusted with my body from the day, I got them. And so when Jess decided to take me to a dermatologist, I straight away refused. I got many nasty remarks for this, and in this new life, a gift from your parents, I wanted none. From that day, half of my energy goes in covering them, and the thought of treating them is nowhere in my system. I don't want comments on them."

I felt light. Extremely light.
But I was waiting for his reaction.
Instead I got another question, "If you don't mind, can you tell me how old these marks are.?"

"It was my 15th birthday.", I heard him gasp at my words.

And the next thing was completely uncalled for.

He pulled me to him, engulfing me in a bone crushing hug.

Comfort. Comfort is what I feel when with him.
His parents saved my life. And he comforts it.

God! What have I done to deserve a place in this family!?

I didn't restrain my arms from reciprocating the hug.
I had to make the most out of this moment.

"Erica calling you strong was an understatement of the century. Now I know why you cried on the second day of working with me, because I commented on your marks. Unknowingly of course. I am sorry for that.", I chuckled still in the hug.

"If you start saying sorry for every jerk thing you did, we'll see the sunrise also, and it won't end.", I said playfully.

"But next time I don't want to see you crying. You're gonna slap that moron, right there!"

"Yeah! As you say Boss!"

"And yes! We will find some solution for your treatment. You need to end those rascals, because they make you insecure.", I laughed at his endearment for the marks.

I retreated a bit to look at his face, which was very near to mine. But I don't really mind, "Watch your mouth Sir!"

He pursed his lips, "David gave me the habit of using this vocabulary when overwhelmed."

"Ah! Yes! David called me. He wants to meet you as soon as possible and in his words 'beat the shit out of your annoying ass'."

"Ah! Tell him I am on a business trip."

"Okay sure!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro