2015 Scarlet's Honorable Mention: Fly Wingull Fly

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(I apologize for sending this out late guys, I've had the flu for the last two weeks and haven't felt like writing anything...I'm still stuck with the remnants of it, so bear with me please...)

To be honest, there were a LOT of good fics this year and inevitably some really good fics just were not able to be recognized for their achievement. This is why I introduced the idea of the Honorable Mention, that each judge could shine a light upon one of their favorites.

That being said, these following books do not claim my Honorable Mention, but the following were strong candidates whose authors I want to encourage as I feel that they have potential but were just slightly edged out of a Category Award or my Honorable Mention:

All Alone by mon_i_qua

I'm So Foolish by glaceon346

Over the Silver Sea by Absol-ute_Absol

Ranks Don't Matter To Us by Alphanix

Terror in its Truest Form by riolus

The Invictus by LogicalCabbage

The Things I Would Do by Moonlit_Lilly

Unovan Siege by blue___22

(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)(-o-)

For my Actual Honorable Mention, I recommend Fly Wingull Fly by kimcgray95 .

Most fics are written simply to amuse the author and the reader but may develop themes along the way. However, I see a trend that the people who put the time to have a literary purpose for the book ( a la The Spirit's Journey's Apologetics messages) tend to end up being better stories as a whole.

There's a considerable lack of environmentalism as a major influence upon Pokemon fics, which surprises me. However, this fic is a shining example of having a fic carry a really impactful theme without it seeming shoehorned in.

I also really liked the perspective of a Pokemon Professor, because we often do not see fics that feature the Professors and their studies. Professor Juniper was a really good character, and I really liked her passive-aggressive comments with Lou.

The world building and character building was also really great, and it all felt natural to the Pokemon world.

Overall, a great story, one that I would highly recommend that everyone read.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro