Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

─────

"My worst fear is losing you."

-Anonymous.

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

You were utterly terrified. You didn't want to die, but you didn't want your brother, Jungkook, or anyone hurt in your place. With no solution to this cursed equation, you had to die. You wanted to be happy with Jungkook and your family. You wanted to date that man. You wanted to know him better. You wanted to learn business and get better at it and make your father's name proud. But . . . You had to get ready. Indeed, your instincts were in the end right. Your instincts always told you to stay away from Jungkook, but even if you could turn back time and go back to the past, you would still take the same steps. You would still want to be with him.

You curl your lips at Jungkook who was once your boss as you grab his cheek. "It's okay. Don't worry. Be happy, okay? Don't ever blame yourself. It's not your fault. It's just a coincidence that I am dying today." Looking into his eyes, you're sure he was blaming himself.

Your gaze is warm as you hear him as well. "I can't be happy, Y/N. Not without you. It's my fault . . . It's . . . My fault." Jungkook cries with his head hanging low. His eyes clenched shut.

"Now, now, Jungkook." Blaise rolls her eyes while swiping her fingers in the air, which made a magical straight golden line. A knife appears in Jungkook's right hand as he pleads, "No, please!"

"Y/N!" Jimin yells trying to reach you but fails since he felt so numb in his legs. "Y/N." Taehyung worriedly looks at you, feeling helpless that he couldn't help you in any way.

"Jimin . . ." You pause in your words turning to him as you say more trying to appear joyful, "You're the best brother I had. If I would be born again, I wish to be your sister again. I—" You pause because of the cringe you're feeling but still mutter through it, "I love you, shorty." A tear droplet escapes your eye as you say it.

"I love you too, ugly." You glare at Jimin with a smile and wipe the tear away. The new vampire couldn't move even if he used all of his strength, it wasn't working. It was too hard for him. He felt so guilty, guilty that he couldn't save his only sibling.

"Taehyung, you are a great friend. Thank you for being there for Jungkook." The actor is crying too. Stray tears fall down his cheeks, and he aggressively starts wiping them.

"I am sorry, Y/N." He murmurs through the helplessness, but you shake your head. "Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault."

"Jungkook?" You turn as you state, "I'll be right beside you, okay? I'll be looking after you." You say as you sigh and look back at him, "I'll try to come back though." You respond worriedly looking down as he questions with trembling hands, "How—how can you?"

"I will, I will try to come back. I love you." You day cupping his cheeks.

You could feel the wetness of his cheeks in your hands. It was proof, he really cared. You knew he would go through eternal pain if you were gone, especially after your meeting a while ago. Even if you would try to convince him it wasn't his fault, he wouldn't believe you. He would blame himself. You only wanted to see him happy and content and so he leaves his agony behind. All the pain he had felt in the past behind. From the way he talked to you, it felt as if he carried a lot in his heart. So much so, it was too heavy on him. And you wanted to console him that it wasn't really his fault.

"I love you, too," Jungkook confesses while leaning in, touching your foreheads together. You could feel a stinging pain in your abdomen. You try not to let out a cry but you fail. You press your lips as you couldn't stop your tears. You didn't want to cry. So, he wouldn't see you like that. You clench your hands in pain trying to stop the screams.

"It's enough . . ." Jungkook's lower lip begins to quiver as he repeats his words. "It's enough . . . Please."

"Oh, baby. She has to die, you remember?" Blaise seriously says, her eyes wide making the vampire recall her words.

She looks out of her mind and insane. She was enjoying this. Her life was so boring before this. She wanted you to suffer, suffer in extreme pain.

─── JUNGKOOK'S POV

Oh god, please. Why? Why me? Was it my fault that I fell in love? Was it my fault I wanted to be happy? Why can everyone be happy except me? Why? Why can't I truly love someone? You took my parents away from me when I was a child. You took a girl that I was infatuated with away from me. You took my friends, every one of them. I don't even know why Taehyung is still alive. You took my life as a normal guy away from me, turning me into a vampire. I didn't want this. I wanted to live normally just like those humans. Who grow up with good education, friends, and parents, who are alive and healthy. They have someone they can fall in love with. They can date, get married, and have a family. Why can't I? Why do I have to go through this pain?

The knife in my hand thrusts into her abdomen. Please, once. Let me be with her. Don't take her away from me.

It was the third time now I had pushed the knife into her abdomen, making her cough up blood.

"I am sorry." I apologized through my tears.

I could feel my heart hammering in my chest loudly. Hearing my surroundings felt too hard for me. Everything seemed so blurred, except her. I only looked at her. I wanted to only look at her.

"It's okay." She says reassuringly smiling and touching my cheek. How can you still smile after so much? How can you be so strong? I wish I was like you.

"Good luck, Jungkook . . ." She pauses as she says more beaming through the blood. "For a happy life ahead." I knew what she wanted to say. She was reminding me to be happy. But how? I was cursed. I don't deserve to be happy. I really don't.

"I— I can't." I whimper, as she falls to the ground.

"No," I mutter as a lump in my throat starts forming each second while looking at her laying there on the ground.

"Y/N!" Jimin and Taehyung's yell takes over the environment as Blaise eventually decides to speak.

"Bye-bye!" She casually waves and walks away.

"But . . ." Blaise turns back around and looks at Jimin as Jimin glares at her with a trembling jaw.

"You're so handsome. Next time I come here, I'll take you." Blaise winks and happily hums and steps away.

The knife falls from my hand as the magic dissolves. My fingers start shaking terribly. After she went away, I could move, we all could. We ran towards Y/N using our vampire speed, except Taehyung, who was running like a human. I hug her while crying. I couldn't leave her, I wouldn't. My legs hurt sitting in that same position for a long time, and even stones started piercing through my skin, but I didn't care. I knew it would heal afterward, because of me being a vampire.

I should've just let her go from the very beginning. I shouldn't have been greedy. But because of me, because I couldn't hold my demeanor, this all occurred. I couldn't let her go.

I kept crying and crying while holding her as I looked at the sky and a painful scream escapes my throat.

Taehyung approaches me as he crouches down beside me on the grass. "Look, her family or her parents shouldn't know about what happened. Not even about Jimin. We need to hold her funeral secretly. So, stop. Okay?" He vocalizes, and I shake my head. I didn't want to let her go. I didn't want to.

"Jungkook, what will you do? Hold her until her body starts to rot? She can't rest in peace like that!" Taehyung burst out.

I look at him with pain-filled eyes. Taehyung closes his eyes shut and exhales deeply, running a hand through his face. He drags me away from her, taking me inside the mansion.

"I will take you first, then her," Taehyung says still dragging me by my arm. "Jimin is behaving weirdly too. He has been sitting in the mansion, on the couch, in the same position. He doesn't even talk! He's not even crying! It's not good for him. What do I do? Just watch my friends ruin themselves?!" I didn't talk, I just had a blank expression on my face with empty eyes as I pushed his arm away and walked into the mansion myself not looking back behind again.

───── ☾ ─────

───  NARRATOR'S POV

No one saw them walking towards your body. No one knew the person had already gone to Raya's body as well that was inside the mansion. The person crouches down and places their index and middle finger together on your forehead.

"May your soul be cherished and you be born again. I wish you a happy ending with the one you truly love. I request the gods to let you be resurrected by my sincere prayer. This is from your defender who genuinely cares for you." The person smiles after a bright white light shines through your forehead where he had kept his fingers.

"You're beautiful, Y/N." The person stands up and looks for the last time in your direction, and walks away with a smile on his face since his mission was accomplished for now.

─────

VOTE

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro