25 | Cafe Romance

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-DREAD OF LOVE-

─────

- FLASHBACK -

"Hyung?" Jungkook asks while perched on a mountain, his knees pulled close. It's early morning, and they both witness the stunning sunrise before them. The verdant mountains blend beautifully with the rising sun, painting a serene scene.

"Hm?" Namjoon hums, his gaze fixed on the captivating sunrise.

"What about the position of an earl, property, and father's business?" Jungkook inquires, his tone tinged with concern, as he takes in the picturesque view.

Namjoon turns to him slowly, his expression thoughtful. "You have to leave it all behind, Jungkook. If you don't, people will discover what you are, and they'll try to kill you."

Jungkook nods slightly, his gaze shifting to the grass beneath him, lost in thought.

"Don't worry about those things. They'll pass on to someone else, and I assure you they'll safeguard your father's legacy. It'll be theirs to protect," Namjoon reassures him in a soft voice. Jungkook turns to him, his eyes shimmering with a tear.

"What if you and Jin Hyung... What if you both..." Jungkook's voice quivers, and a tear rolls down his cheek. He quickly wipes it away, his gaze returning to the captivating landscape.

"We won't, Jungkook. Don't worry," Namjoon assures him with a warm smile, knowing that Jungkook has just revealed his curse.

"Hyung, I am... scared," Jungkook confesses, his vulnerability exposed.

"Why?" Namjoon inquires gently, giving Jungkook the space to share his fears.

"What if I fall in love?"

- END OF FLASHBACK -

─────

Namjoon enters the house, noticing Taehyung sitting on the ground. His eyebrows raise in curiosity. When he sees both Taehyung and Jungkook, their eyes filled with tears, he immediately understands that something is wrong. Taehyung avoids his gaze, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand.

"Where is he?" Namjoon asks, his concern evident. Taehyung stands up and points to the upper floor, indicating that Jimin is there.

───── ☾ ─────

"Jimin?" Namjoon enters a room engulfed with darkness, deciding to turn on the lights. He spots Jimin sitting in the middle of the bed, near the headboard, crying. Jimin clutches his knees, shivering in pain. Guilt weighs heavily on him, a burden he can't escape. He believes that all the pain and misery around him is his fault, that he's nothing but a burden.

Namjoon sighs as he approaches Jimin, taking a seat on the bed. He asks, "When did this happen?"

Jimin's voice cracks as he answers, "A few days ago..." He avoids making eye contact with Namjoon.

"AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK IT WAS RIGHT TO TELL US?!" Namjoon's anger flares, making Jimin flinch in fear. Jimin clings to himself, trembling.

Taking a deep breath, Namjoon continues in a stern tone, "It is wrong, Jimin."

"I—I know, Hyung. But somehow I c—couldn't stop myself. The urge to drink blood is increasing e—every day." Jimin stutters while still looking down.

Namjoon frowns in confusion and asks, "Why did you even start it?"

"I—I missed my family..." Jimin's voice wavers. Namjoon gives a mocking chuckle and stands up.

"Jungkook has been through worse than you," Namjoon mutters as he decides to leave the room. He's not interested in comparing their traumas, but he wants Jimin to understand the gravity of his actions.

"I have no intention to compare you both, but Jimin... leave the past behind. And I am not going to say this to you again and again," Namjoon warns.

"Jin, Yoongi, and even Hoseok, all of us have gone through the same. Lost our loved ones. Understand what you are doing right now. And what a big mistake it was." Namjoon turns around, closing the door behind him, leaving Jimin alone with his thoughts.

Leave the past behind.

───── ☾ ─────

Jungkook stands outside the cafe, taking a deep breath of fresh air with Taehyung by his side. Jimin couldn't join them today, as Namjoon insisted he stay home. Jin was looking after Jimin, and Yoongi was nowhere to be found. Hoseok had been trying to lift Jimin's spirits, which in turn affected Hoseok negatively.

Taehyung had been distant since their emotional encounter the night before. He had never shown this side of vulnerability to Jungkook before, and it left him feeling awkward around his friend. Taehyung's tears had been a rare sight, and Jungkook didn't know how to handle it. He waited for Taehyung to initiate a conversation, believing that their current situation was his fault.

Taehyung cleared his throat impatiently, breaking the silence, and Jungkook turned to him casually, asking, "What?" He was still waiting for Taehyung to address the emotional situation.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, then walked into the cafe without further hesitation. He had decided not to feel embarrassed about his emotions; it was time to move forward.

Jungkook followed him inside.

Inside the cafe, you stood with Raya, discussing the events of yesterday while adjusting your little apron.

"They say another handsome guy has joined our university," Alita joined the conversation as she entered the university gossip, her expression filled with fascination.

"I know, right? I don't understand what's happening at our university. Handsome guys just keep coming," you replied.

"WHERE IS THE CHANGING ROOM?" Jungkook suddenly interrupted, enunciating each word clearly. You frowned at the abrupt interruption and gestured toward the location of the changing room.

"So—" you tried to continue, but Taehyung once again interrupted, preventing you from discussing other guys in front of Jungkook.

"Where is the changing room?" Taehyung asked, even though he already knew the answer. He had no intention of letting girls talk about other guys, especially in front of his best friend. You pointed in the direction Jungkook had gone with a puzzled expression.

───── ☾ ─────

"So, are we ready now?" Raya questions as if she's in charge, considering the actual boss's sporadic visits to the place. She occasionally checks in to ensure everything runs smoothly.

"Yes, ma'am!" Jungkook and Taehyung both salute Raya simultaneously, standing rigidly as if they're in a military formation. Raya nods, seemingly impressed by their act.

"What—" You push Raya with both hands, positioning yourself in front of them.

"Follow my orders. She's a bit slow," you confidently declare, and they bow as if they're royalty. The light seems to shine from both sides, enhancing their natural handsomeness. It's almost like a heavenly sight.

"So cute!" Alita exclaims, slamming her hand on the table so hard it hurts, and she starts crying out in pain, saying, "Ow, Ow, Ow."

Jungkook and Taehyung bow gracefully to Alita, wearing charming smiles, embodying the real-life princes they aspire to be. They share a subtle fist bump and a nod, demonstrating their ability to communicate without words.

Taehyung silently encourages his friend to impress you, and Jungkook nods in understanding. They don't need elaborate plans; their friendship is built on an unspoken bond.

Jungkook, who's lived for over three centuries, takes a few steps closer to you, ready to kiss your hand. He approaches you, leaning in to request your hand, and you hand it over with a perplexed expression. He kisses your hand, a gesture that sends shockwaves through you as if the words were spoken by the person standing right in front of you. You quickly retract your hand, shaking slightly, and hide it behind your back. It's another episode of your recurring hallucinations, but they're growing more frequent.

Jungkook frowns and steps back to Taehyung without turning around, leaning toward his friend's ear. "I think she isn't interested," he mutters.

Taehyung responds, "Know your worth. You're Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook nods in agreement; he is Jungkook, after all. Girls typically adore him. What could possibly be lacking?

"WEALTH," the word hits him like a ton of bricks.

"Why?" Taehyung turns to Jungkook, massages his hand for a brief moment, then punches him in the stomach.

"Ow," Jungkook groans, clutching his aching stomach. It seems Taehyung exerted all his vampire strength in that punch.

"Idiot," Taehyung mutters, then walks over to Alita. Jungkook was, in his opinion, acting foolish. Money should be irrelevant; true love should transcend wealth. Taehyung stops for a moment, turns back to Jungkook, and gives him a disgusted look before continuing toward Alita.

"You'll have to show me how things work around here, ma'am. I'm new at this," Taehyung says, taking Alita by the hand and leading her to the kitchen. Jungkook is entirely smitten with you, and Raya doesn't stand a chance in comparison. What if Jimin returns the next day and finds out? Jungkook can't risk it. He'd have to replace all his teeth with dentures, which is hardly an appealing prospect. Taehyung shakes his head at the thought, opting to bring his competition into the fold instead. Learning the ropes from someone he's competing with might be an inconvenience, but it's necessary.

Jungkook gazes downward, reflecting on his life choices, and lightly massages his pitiful abdomen. Why did he even befriend Taehyung?

You look on in astonishment as Raya nudges you with her elbow, encouraging you to work with Jungkook since she's aware of your budding feelings for him.

"So, Jimin is taking the day off, right?" Raya inquires, and Jungkook tilts his head slightly, following your lead with a pout as he heads toward the kitchen.

───── ☾ ─────

"You make frappuccino like this," you demonstrate while he stands beside you, keenly observing your actions and taking notes.

"And Americano . . ." You begin to gather the ingredients, explaining the process. As you show him, Jungkook quietly mutters, "I know how to make Americano."

Your face brightens with a smile, but it quickly fades. He knows how to make Americano. A flood of memories threatens to wash over you. The days when you worked together, and he would often ask you for an Americano. It's a drink laden with memories, and everything that occurred after you died has become a source of fear for him. It brings back memories of you, and the pain that follows is unbearable.

"Oh!" You respond with a cheerful smile, although you're still standing with your back to him, your eyes closed. You're bracing yourself for yet another hallucination.

"What happened?" Jungkook inquires, frowning as he watches you, but you simply reply, "N—Nothing," and walk away to attend to the customers, leaving him curious and concerned.

───── ☾ ─────

Taehyung stands, attempting to put on an apron. He's having a hard time figuring out how to wear it properly, and he tries again and again, much to Alita's amusement. She can't help but chuckle as she watches his struggle.

"You don't even know how to wear an apron?" Alita teases, her laughter escaping through her fingers as she covers her mouth.

Taehyung frowns, feeling a bit insulted. He's not used to this. He's never had to wear an apron before. Back when he was an actor, he'd simply order food or pester Jungkook until he cooked for him.

But Alita decides to help him, stepping behind him and expertly tying the apron strings with a friendly smile. Taehyung can't help but chuckle at his own clumsiness.

"So, you're going to tie it for me every day?" Taehyung jokes, flashing a charming smile while still standing there with Alita securing his apron.

"If you want me to . . ." She replies playfully, leaving Taehyung with a grin and a warm feeling inside.

───── ☾ ─────

Jungkook becomes engrossed in serving a customer. Afterward, he heads back to the kitchen to prepare a drink, all the while humming to himself. He stands near the coffee machine, preparing a café misto, but he's doing it all wrong.

That's when you approach him, noticing his error and offering a warm smile. You lean in close to show him the proper way to operate the machine. Jungkook can't help but steal a quick glance at your face, and his ears turn a light shade of pink. Your presence has this effect on him.

"You don't do it like this. Here," you guide him with patience, and he nods, trying to focus on your instructions, even though his heart is racing. He places his hand over his chest, feeling the rapid beats as you ruffle his hair and smile.

"Happy working, Jungkook!" you cheerfully call out as you walk away. Jungkook watches you go, still feeling the warmth from your touch.

"Happy working, Jungkook!" Taehyung mimics your tone, teasing Jungkook as he passes by.

"Get lost!" Jungkook mutters under his breath, choosing to ignore his friend's playful banter and returning to his work with that blush still present on his cheeks.

───── ☾ ─────

You stand there, arranging the trays on the table in the kitchen when you feel Jungkook approaching from behind. Your actions pause as you wonder what he's up to. Suddenly, he reaches out and grabs a cherry from a plate on the counter. There were plenty of cherries, but he specifically picks one, holding it between his fingers on either side, effectively trapping you in his embrace.

"I can eat this, right?" he asks, his gaze fixed on you from over your shoulder. His proximity makes your heart race, and you swallow nervously. What was he doing?

"Y—Yes," you manage to stutter out as he leans in and takes a bite of the cherry right from your shoulder. You turn to face him, realizing just how close he is.

"What?" Jungkook inquires with a chuckle, attempting to suppress a smirk. You had done something similar before, so he decided to give it a try as well. You glance down at the plates, feeling your heart pounding faster with every passing second. This was overwhelming.

"Nothing," you mumble, quickly turning around and grabbing his hand, which was still beside you, to push it aside, creating some space so you can escape.

"She feels the same," Jungkook playfully confirms, nodding as he eats the cherry.

"Ew, what is this? I didn't pay attention to the taste, but this isn't cherry—ew."

───── ☾ ─────

It's a bustling evening at the cafe as you and your friends finish up a long day of work. Raya takes charge, flipping the closed sign on the cafe's door as you all step outside. There's a collective sigh of relief, and smiles light up your faces; the weight of the workday is finally lifted.

The group begins walking together, knowing that you'll have to part ways soon. Taehyung and Jungkook will head towards the forest, while you, Alita, and Raya head in the direction of your dorms.

Curiosity piques your interest, and you turn to inquire about Jimin's well-being. It strikes you that he wasn't at the cafe today, but amidst the busyness, it slipped your mind.

"He's fine. Just a little under the weather," Taehyung offers an excuse, though he doesn't like having to lie.

Raya's thoughts take a different turn as she wonders about the strange occurrences she's witnessed with Jimin and his powers in the forest. Why would a vampire become ill? It all seemed like hallucinations caused by Jimin's presence when he started working at the cafe. Doubts creep into her mind, but she's kept them to herself, not wanting to come off as crazy. Strangely, her fears are starting to dissipate, thanks to the events unfolding around her.

Jungkook acknowledges Taehyung's words with a nod, but as you walk together, an unexpected touch occurs. Jungkook's hand accidentally brushes against yours. The sensation sends a jolt through you, making your heart race and your thoughts scatter. It's an unfamiliar feeling, one that you haven't experienced before. It's both frightening and strangely addictive, leaving you craving more.

Jungkook's internal monologue mirrors your confusion as he steals a glance downwards. He's flustered by the accidental contact, wondering why their hands touched. There's a chaotic swirl of emotions within him.

With your thoughts a bit scattered from the touch, you find yourself asking a question, not entirely sure of what you're saying. The effect Jungkook has on you is undeniable, and it's making you feel disoriented.

"So, we'll have to go our separate ways now, right?" Your question hangs in the air, reflecting your internal turmoil.

"Yes," Jungkook replies, doing his best to maintain his composure and prevent any stutters, but the situation is making him feel just as flustered.

"So, I was thinking—" Taehyung's words were cut off when Jungkook starts dragging him away, knowing what nonsense he was going to talk about.

You can take Jungkook with you.

Before Taehyung can continue with his thoughts, Jungkook abruptly drags him away, knowing that his friend is about to say something nonsensical. It's his way of avoiding embarrassment.

You catch Taehyung's eye just as he's about to make a jest, but Jungkook's intervention cuts him off, and he's pulled away. You're left wondering about the mysteries of the feelings stirring within you.

"Wait! Lemme tell the whole dialogue!" Taehyung's voice calls out, but you and your friends frown at their antics. With a shake of your head, you turn around and start walking away, with Alita, Raya, and even the baffled Taehyung in tow. Their behavior always leaves you all with a sense of intrigue and amusement.

───── ☾ ─────

You stand outside your dorm, holding a dish for your university friend, who's been swamped with studies and doesn't have time to prepare a meal. Your kind gesture leads you here, but your attention is soon diverted as you spot a man exiting the dormitory across from yours. He closes the door behind him, his hands tucked into the pockets of his hoodie, and the hood shadows his face.

"Baekhyun?" You call out, furrowing your brows in surprise at his late-night presence.

With a cheerful smile, Baekhyun greets you, his demeanor seemingly at odds with the late hour. Your curiosity deepens as you inquire further, "What are you doing here?"

"To find the answers to my life," Baekhyun responds cryptically, leaving you even more puzzled by his mysterious presence on this quiet night.

──────

VOTE

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro