06 | s i x

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sahasra's physical training was vigorous and her preparation for AFCAT just as hard. She wanted to clear the exam quickly and then get into the training camp after selection.

Initially, it was a tough job for her to wake up everyday at 4a.m. and do numerous laps on the ground, but as they say 'practice makes perfect'.

She would complete 10 laps around the huge ground, do around 20 pushups, lift weights, and then do numerous exercises instructed by her coach.

Nikhil suddenly gave a surprise to his Maa and Dadi — he came back. Sahasra couldn't meet him, since her AFCAT exam was the next day.

He decided to spend time with his Maa and Dadi.

"Beta, I'm so proud of her. She has been going for runs and she also studies well for the exam. You have no right to discourage her," Maa told him.

"I miss Varnika," he stated.

"This is not fair Nikhil," his mother shook her head, "I know you miss her, but you have to move on. Even Varnika would've wanted that."

"Sahasra is just trying to copy Varnika," Nikhil rolled his eyes.

"Nikhil! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?" Dadi shouted. Hearing Dadi's loud voice, Nikhil stepped back.

"Nikhil, Sahasra is not copying her. She is working hard to prove herself, and you in the process. I have seen her preparation daily," Maa said to him. "And about Varnika — yes, she was in the Air Force, but you and I know that she was a doctor there."

"But—" Nikhil was interrupted.

"Sahasra is different. She wants to be a fighter pilot, so how is she copying Varnika? I am not saying that whatever Varnika did is not good, I'm just trying to explain that Sahasra isn't copying anyone."

"Yes Maa..." Nikhil hung his head down.

"Varnika died in a car accident, and you know that it's time to move on," Maa said, and left Nikhil alone who looked at the watch Varnika had given him.

Sahasra on the other hand, heard everything. She was furious for what Nikhil said but when she heard Maa, her heart swelled up in love.

She went to Nikhil, "I heard your conversation with Maa. So let me tell you, Mr. Nikhil, I am not copying anyone. Your problem is that you can't let go of Varnika. Even I have lost my father, my only supporter. Yes, I do grieve for him, but do I put others down like you? You just need someone to vent your anger — and you only find me! And I'm not at all okay with it, especially because your tone is always so condescending that it hurts." She went away after saying that, leaving Nikhil in deep thought.

Sahasra was about to enter the room, but she stopped and turned back to look at Nikhil. "Nikhil!"

Nikhil looked at her.

"For your kind information, just because you accused me of copying, I won't stop my training. Your opinions don't matter. And I'm stubborn. Agar zidd lag gyi, toh hattegi nahi. Remember that."

Then she entered the room, remembering the lyrics of the song she played everyday after completing her physical training.

Ab mein khudse ladd gayi hun, Ab mein hadd se badh gayi hun,
Jo chahe karle jamana, Ab mein zidd pe add gayi hun.

Aryan was standing there, thinking about what Sahasra said. She isn't wrong, he thought. He looked at the watch given to him by Varnika and said, "This is all your fault Varnika."

Sahasra didn't come out of the room since the confrontation. Even Nikhil didn't enter in order to not disturb her.

Nikhil went inside at night, and he saw Sahasra studying diligently. "When is the AFCAT exam?"

"Tomorrow," she replied.

"Prepared?" he asked.

"Almost."

"Hmm. Good luck."

"Thank you," she said and continued studying.

Sahasra studied till about 2am. Even Nikhil was awake till that time. He just lay on the bed, thinking about the events of the day. I think I should apologize... I was rude and harsh to her, he thought.

Next morning Sahasra took blessings from Maa and Dadi. When she was about to leave, Nikhil came up to her and said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"Yes, you shouldn't have said that. But I won't forgive you that easily," she said and left for the exam.

She gave the exam — it was tough, but she was confident that she must have passed it.

On returning home, she came to see Nikhil was waiting for her.

"I am here for a week. If you want, I can train you like a real Air Force personnel," he said. "Running laps and doing mediocre exercises won't get you anywhere, you need to do more drills. I can coach you for that."

When he didn't get a response from Sahasra, he continued, "Look, I'm supporting your army dream. Take the opportunity or leave it."

Sahasra was surprised at the sudden change of Nikhil's behavior. He never supported me till yesterday, and today he's giving help? I know it smells fishy but I should give it a go. It's my only chance to get training from an actual Air Force personnel, she thought.

"Yes, I'm ready," she said, smiling.

"Okay. Tomorrow 4a.m." he said.

"Sure. I'll inform coach mama," she replied and then went to Maa and Dadi to chat about the exam.

Next morning, Nikhil and Sahasra reached the ground.

"Today we'll only do some exercises. All the tough drills you will perform at the training academy. I'll go get the equipment. Till then, complete 15 rounds of running," Mohtih instructed her.

"Yes," she said seriously and went to run.

――"💌"――

If you feel that Sahasra is giving her blood, sweat and tears to the training, kindly vote and comment. Do you think she'll get into the Airforce?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro