04 - Tension

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"...Rin-chan...Hanayo-chan!....what happened!!?"

".......hey...."

HONOKA'S POV

I was completely shocked with what I just saw. They were both crying like something horrible happened.

"Come here!! Let me help!!", I grabbed both of them quickly inside my house. I quickly looked for tissues for them to use on their tears.

"Wipe them off okay. Here, take this tissues - "

"Honoka-chan, you don't have to. I have one already.", Rin said as she suddenly took the tissue Hanayo was supposed to give her that she rejected.

"....Rin-chan...."

"....hey...don't get the wrong idea, Hanayo. I-I just did this for Honoka-chan!!"

When I heard and saw that, I got the feeling that I already knew what was going on. They are fighting with each other. I can't let this pass.

"Hey!! Are you two fighting!!?"

"Honoka!! Umm...no...Rin and I aren't - "

"Please be honest!! I won't like it if you guys lie to me!!"

I can sense those two felt awkward with what I said.

"Honoka....can we sit down first?"

"Sure. What about you Rin- "

Rin went ahead of us first without saying anything to my room and then we followed. It seemed she wanted to get all this over with as soon as possible. Gosh, I need to fix this.

"STOP FIGHTING YOU TWO!!", I screamed at them smacking my hand at the table. I did it on purpose because I wanted them to know early on that I am serious when I said I wanted them to stop fighting.

"Honoka?"

"Sorry for acting a bit differently right now, guys. I just don't like what I am seeing right now, hehe?"

"........"

"Anyway, can you guys tell me what happened? Please?"

Both of them seemed to embarassed to answer at first. Then Hanayo got up to say something....

"........I...I was responsible for - "

But suddenly, Rin interfered.

"It was my fault, Honoka-chan. Back at school, I scolded Hanayo-chan for no reason. I was such an idiot."

"Ummm......why did you do that?", I asked.

"....I don't know.......I don't know why I went too far. It seemed like I got tired of her for some reason...."

"Rin-chan.....", Hanayo whispered while looking at Rin.

"Tired of her? .......oh, I get it. Rin-chan, I get what you're saying."

Rin seemed so conflicted with what she really is feeling. I think I understand her now.

"Huh?"

"I know that feeling, Rin-chan. I've been with Umi-chan and Kotori-chan all the time, even until now. I gotta say that I still am not yet ready to let them go yet. I still wanna do things that get them to notice me no matter how ridiculous it is. And...embarassed to say it, I am not yet ready to look for a boyfriend yet...but...but I know, Rin-chan. You miss Hanayo, don't you?"

Yeah, I just can't help but remember that time when back when we were second years, I got really angry at Kotori for trying to leave the country without telling me. The pain I felt at the time, it made me hurt other people without thinking. I still remember that clearly.

"......", Rin stayed silent as if she seemed to agree with my comment.

"As for you, Hanayo-chan....I think you need to give her some time for herself too. She's gonna graduate soon. Give her some space, and then things will work out."

"Honoka......thanks...but...."

"But what?"

"....we'll be getting along, don't worry! I will.....I will try to be a very good friend to Rin-chan, no matter what!!"

"....Hanayo...."

"Hmmm....if that's the case, what about a date?"

"Huh?"

"A date!! The day after tomorrow, you two need to have a date to get along with each other again!!"

"Date, huh? But Honoka, Hanayo and I always get together - "

"I'll make it special for you guys!! I'll tag along and help your date become as sweet as possible!"

"Huh? But, that won't be a date anymore...."

"It will!! I'll contact you guys by phone, and I will just simply tell you guys where to go! That's all, everything else is up to you!!"

"......ummm....."

"So, is it a deal?"

"....okay....."

"Ummm...sure, let's give it a shot."

"Yay!!"

I hope that works out. A date it is!! I gave them some bread and waved them goodbye. Now, it's time for me to call Umi-chan and Kotori-chan to help out!!

HANAYO'S POV

Honoka is such a nice person. But still....I still feel something is not yet alright.

"Hey....Kay.....geez...Hanayo-chan....are you sincere with what you said to Honoka-chan?"

"Umm...sincere?....well...ummm...."

"Sincere, as in you meant what you said. That we are gonna make up....because you wanted to and not because Honoka-chan forced us to?"

"Rin-chan, of course I am!! I just...I just feel ashamed that Honoka got caught up in all this...."

".......ashamed, huh?"

The sky's sunset just made me feel a sense of nostalgia telling me to say something important. I said:

"Rin-chan, I....I AM SO SORRY!! I was a bad friend to you, I made you doubt me. I thought everything was okay and all. I am really, really sorry!!"

"Hanayo.....you shouldn't be apologizing. I should be the one to do that. What I did in the cafeteria was - "

"No, I will take the blame!! I won't let my friend shoulder the burden. Let me take responsibilty!!"

"....how?"

"Our date!! We will both have a date and we'll do it, Rin-chan!!"

".....I....I don't think it's any good...."

"Huh?"

"Hanayo....if we do our date then it won't feel natural. I mean, it would feel forced considering Honoka-chan was the one who told us to do that."

I just snapped when I heard the words she was saying. Like she wants everything to fall down. Like she no longer cares....

"WHY ARE YOU CONTRADICTING MY DECISIONS, RIN-CHAN!!? WHY ARE YOU TRYING BACK AWAY FROM ME!!?"

Rin was surprised - so am I. I have never been angry like this before.

"No, Rin-chan!! I am hurt...no...I am angry!! Angry because you act like you want to disregard all my efforts to keep us close together!!?"

"Hanayo...."

"....if it's not a date...then what do you want us to do? Anything will do, anywhere, anytime, any will do. ANYTHING!!"

I tried to calm myself after that, I can't let myself lose control. Rin seemed really down and turned her back away.

Many seconds passed when she opened her lips.

"Hmm....make it special...."

"Huh?"

"The date....if you can somehow make it special, or something that I can really treasure and never forget, then I'll go for it!"

"Really, Rin-chan?!!"

".....don't get too hyped though. You need to make it really special."

Then she left, giving me Honoka's bread.

Rin-chan still isn't willing to be her old self for me yet. Still not willing to have fun with me. Maybe because she is just nervous....

But my heart tells me there is still hope. I have this sudden burst of motivation to keep my hopes up!

I will do my best, I'll give it my all!! The day after tomorrow, I will make it a date she'll never forget!! Somehow!!

That was how the day ended for us.....and I hope it isn't the last day for us either.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro