Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

SEVEN

My eyes snap open.

It's morning, and I hear the sound that had woken me up again. It's not far away, and I quickly recognize it as footsteps. Multiple of them.

"Jimin!" I hiss quietly, climbing off his lap and shaking his body. He's leaning heavily against a tree, eyes closed. His arms are limp against his sides— both of them bandaged with dark strips.

The footsteps get closer.

"Park Jimin!" I try again, my hand slowly reaching for the knife I'd slipped into the cloth of my thigh. But he's still not waking, still completely unconscious even when I pinch him hard on the skin of his neck.

Okay. You can handle this.

Breathing evenly, I aim the knifepoint towards the approaching sound and hush myself. I stance protectively in front of Jimin, forcing my heart to keep calm.

"Seven! Thank God."

"Yoongi." I sigh in relief, dropping my hand to my side. He catches sight of Jimin behind me, and his eyes widen.

"Is he dead?"

"He won't wake up." I say, a bit of worry lacing into my voice as Yoongi lifts him into his arms. "You're alone? Where's everyone el—"

"Thank the holy heavens you're alright!" Jin's voice comes, and I turn in surprise as his figure bounds out between the undergrowth. He hugs me so tight I can't breathe. "You have no idea how worried everyone is. And— Jiminie!"

"I got him." Yoongi says. "Come on. We were all freaking out over you two last night."

Jimin I understood. But me?

Even though I push it down, I can't help the feeling of warmth bubble up in my chest.

"Noona. It hurts." Jungkook whines, and I baby him like he wants me to. His wounds had spilled so much blood that his face is pale, and I pinch his soft cheeks to get a bit more color in them.

"You sure that arm's the only thing broken?!"

Hoseok's been fussing over Jimin ever since he'd woken up, a roll of bandages clutched tight in one hand as he scans Jimin for the thousandth time.

And I wait for Jimin to confess.

His silver eyes flicker nervously at me, and I give him a nod. At that, he sighs and stares down at the ground.

"Hyung, I don't think I'm getting better."

"What? What are you talking about?" Jin shrieks, and Jimin winces as he clasps his hands together. "What's not getting better?"

"My eyes. It's getting worse."

And everything stops. Yoongi stops messing with Taehyung, and even Jungkook quits his mumbling instantly. The roll of bandages drop from Hoseok's hand to the forest floor.

Jimin sighs. "I'm not blind yet. It's not that dramatic."

"You're going blind again?" Taehyung whispers, his hand lightly seized around his bandaged wrist.

"Again?!"

Everyone looks at me as the word pushes itself out of my lips. "This isn't the first time? What are you talking about— that he was blind once?"

"Oh— yeah. We didn't tell her yet." Namjoon laughs awkwardly, confirming it for me. "Does anyone want to explain, or would I have to do tha— you know what, I'll just do it."

Then he motions at Jimin's silver white eyes. "Seven, you know how blinded eyes sometimes go white? That's what happened to him. While he was— uh, enslaved, he was blinded in both eyes."

"But isn't that granny dead now?" Jungkook yelps, and Namjoon sighs.

"Granny?"

"What he's saying—" He shoots a glare in Jungkook's direction. "We found someone that could regenerate blindness. So when Jimin's eyes started getting better... we thought everything was going to be fine."

"But it's not fine!" Hoseok says loudly, looking absolutely dejected as he tends to Jimin's arm. "Oh man, this is so bad."

"I'll just have to deal with it." Jimin whispers, and I watch as Yoongi pats his head with an unreadable expression on his face.

They were so— close to each other. Like brothers, instead of partner assassins.

"She's coming back with us, right?" A voice suddenly echoes, and someone grasps my hand, pulling me out of my trance. It's Jungkook, looking up at Namjoon with wide eyes. "She can't stay here by herself."

"I really want her to.... she did save all our lives." Namjoon sighs, crossing his arms. "But I'm not sure how the Headmaster's going to take that news."

"He doesn't have to know." Taehyung says, his dark eyes fixed on me. "We can keep her hidden."

I don't know what to say. I want to stay with them, but I'm afraid of what my selfishness might bring them. Both sides of my mind clash against each other like wildfire.

Will I regret staying later?

"So tomorrow we'll go up back to the North, in groups of two." Namjoon says, and I raise a brow in surprise. Then I quickly realize why— the border security.

Large groups of travelers were often more likely to be interrogated harsher than a small group.

"I'm calling dibs on Jungkookie." Taehyung exclaims, and I can't help but smile when Jungkook squeals, wrapping his arms around the blue-haired assassin. "Like last time."

"And I'm going with Hoseok." Yoongi states, one eye opening before closing back to sleep.

"So that leaves Jimin and Seven!" Jin claps his hands together happily, threading arms with Namjoon. "Jimin, you know the way back, right? You better keep her safe!"

I wince. I didn't particularly care who I went with, but Jimin was probably going to put up another argument—

Which he.... doesn't?

He just nods, looking disinterested. Jin narrows his eyes, before rolling them skyward and tapping his feet on the floor.

"We'll leave in three hour gaps just to be safe. Jimin and Seven last, okey? Alright— everyone now get a good night's sleep!"

As soon as he says that, I rush in front of Jimin to get to the shower first. Traveling to the Palace and back, not to mention having a bloody fight during the middle, had left me desperate for a good wash. Besides, I was still in Jimin's clothes— the front stained with dark blood of the guards.

I crank on the water to as hot as it goes, stripping in record time before jumping in the stall.

And for the next thirty minutes, I enjoy myself as I soak in the relaxing water.

I've used Jimin's shampoo again.

"Jimin! Can I borrow some clothes?"

There's silence, and I gather my voice to call again when the door creaks open. I murmur out a thanks when I hear a pile of soft material, and step out carefully when I hear the sound of the door closing back.

He'd left me a large white shirt and a pair of dark shorts.

And when I come out of the bathroom wearing them, I'm in such a good mood that I even smile at his annoyed expression.

"What took you so long." He mutters, before slamming the door behind him. I just dismiss that as one of his behaviors, and snuggle right under the blankets.

I'm slowly dozing off when someone pushes at me.

"Seven. Move."

"You're so annoying." I mutter sleepily, and he growls, pushing harder. Finally I roll over once, hugging the blanket to my chest with a sweet smile.

"Jimin." He doesn't answer the first time, so I just call again.

"Jimin."

"What do you want now?" He sighs, his silver eyes half-closed with sleep. "I'm tired, Seven. I can't deal with you when I'm tired. Please."

"What do you mean deal with me?" My good mood's slowly dissipating, and my voice is sharper now as I lean on my elbow. "I was just about to ask when we are going to leave tomorrow."

"Seven."

"Yeah?"

"We're leaving at about seven." He hisses, and I frown at him as he mutters under his breath. "I'm tired and my arm hurts. Leave me alone."

"Your arm hurts?" I pipe up, half-concerned and half-intentional. He makes a sound deep in his throat, and I smirk as I coat my voice in pretend worry.

"Let me see, Jimin."

"Leave me alone."

"You sound like a kid." I say, and he sighs heavily as he turns around, back facing me. "Come on. I'm serious right now— it could be an infection."

"Shut up."

I frown again. My perfect mood is now just a flat one, and I bare my teeth at him angrily before flipping the covers over my head.

Fine, then. Whatever.

"You shut up." I mutter back quietly, chewing at my bottom lip and not noticing the smile that stretches across his face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro