29. THE PRINCESS BIRDIE TOLD EVERYONE

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Crown Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi

Chapter 29

During the meeting, everyone gathered in a small run-down abandoned school which technically was owned by Lyra as it was part of her personal property. She kept it as it is as she had built a better new school nearby.

The guests were suspicious yet curious as a cat or even a newborn baby, desperately anticipating to fulfill their curious desire and finding the reason for their summoning. They were all called into a room which apparently seemed it once belonged to the headmaster but was abandoned. Nevertheless despite its horrific state, it wasn't that seemingly unpleasant as even with all the dust and rugged furniture, it could be deemed as hospitable.

Lyra on the other hand waited patiently till everyone appeared before showing herself in front of them.

As they all sat or stood in a room that didn't appear too shabby but compared to everyone's status that was present there, it did appear to be of belonging to low class.

"Is everything all right, your highness?"

Duke Atlas spoke up, inquiring a question that filled everyone's thoughts

Nodding lyra replied,

"Yes, for now. Soon it won't be. As you all know Im approaching the age of my crowning soon. I'll be frank with you all. Duke Nabal is taking over my father's place these days and Duchess Medea plans to keep it that way and have her eldest son become the next King. This is an open secret and I expect you all to know this beforehand, no?"

Silence spread the room as their slightly nodding heads provided her with the answer she required. Moving on she added,

"Well, I won't let it happen. Never in my life. Frankly, as you all are aware I have been quiet all this time. Not because I was forced to be shut down but because I chose to run away. As I speak now I am ashamed to say, I wanted to abdicate the throne and run away. But....I can't do that. There are reasons for that."

"Firstly I am not quite sure if you are aware of a person name Miss Belle or if you have ever encountered her or not. Well if you haven't met her, then be assured because that person is me."

Upon her confession, a few people gasped as it seems they weren't truly aware of this while the rest were surprised at how the crown princess decided to come clean.

Ignoring their reaction as she anticipated this, Lyra kept on going,

"I felt suffocated inside the palace after my mother passed away. Thus to be away from this heavy atmosphere, I started sneaking out to catch a breath of fresh air. However one thing led to another and I found out how with time, the public was suffering and I felt so guilty and bad that I started helping them which leads us to where we are now regarding the rumors of Miss Belle."

Taking a deep breath, she then further added,

"One other main reason for this is because I have reasons to believe that my mother was murdered. Furthermore, my father's sickness is also something that is not natural. I have proof regarding the latter. Someone deliberately made father's health the way it is. I even know the person behind this and I believe I do not need to explain who it is as I'm sure you all understand quite clearly."

At this, everyone's eyes go round. No one ever suspected this. Shocked they all started questioning her to provide them with the reason and the details on this.

"I am handling it. Once everything is cleared, I will let you people know everything in detail so do rest assured. Now, for the matter at hand. The biggest obstacle right now to me getting the throne is my father. But since that is a matter which we cannot control, we will be focusing on Duchess Medea. Now before anyone becomes surprised as to why I am being this vulnerable towards the people in this room. Frankly, even if most of you haven't openly expressed your opinions in my favor, I know you all are trustworthy and will work hard toward serving our kingdom. Which is why I have gathered you all here tonight. Still, everyone has the right to choose. Those that wish to side with me can remain here while those that still wish to remain neutral, can leave right this moment. Although be advised. If what was discussed here previously ends up being leaked to the other faction, then stepping out of here will be the last decision you will take in your life."

Smiling, Lyra adds softly,

"I'll wait for five minutes to let you decide."

She then leaves the room.

Even though she had left, she remained outside eavesdropping. Solon stood next to her, surprised at her change in facial expression and attitude. She notices him observing her, as she turns to him,

"Pray tell me, how did I do? Did I seem confident enough? Did I say the right thing? Well, I know I did say the right thing but did the words seem convincing enough?"

Solon was surprised by her bombardment of questions. Just a mere moment ago, she stood tall with this domineering aura in front of all those nobles. But now, here she was acting like how she normally was and anxiously asking him questions.

This makes Solon let out a small chuckle. Overhearing that, Lyra pouts,

"Hey! Do not make fun of me. I am seriously asking for feedback."

"You did perfect, your highness."

Lyra's corner of her lips turn upwards,

"Well there is nothing perfect in this world but I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you. Now then let us go in."

"It hasn't been five minutes yet."

"How much time is left?"

"Just a mere half a minute."

Solon replied after checking the round pocket watch he had in his coat's inner pocket.

This makes Lyra let out a laugh as she goes ahead and opens the door, whispering to him,

"By the time, I enter half a minute would have been passed."

Her face then turns solemn as she finds everyone to stop chatting and stare at her. As she expected none of them had left the room.

"Since no one has left, I assume you all wish to side with me. Thank you for your confidence and all your efforts."

"Your Highness, rather we should thank you."

"Please let us know what our next move is."

"Should we just go and kill them all?"

"How dare they murder our Queen and try to poison our King?"

"Let us just wipe them out!"

"All in due time. For now, we need to rip off the furs until the bird is unable to fly anymore."

Lyra who likes speaking in symbolism, smirked and asserted.

"Shall we start with getting rid of Wily?"

Duke Atlas spoke up to which Lyra shook her head.

"Why chase after the ducklings when we can go after the whole duck?"

"Duchess Medea would be difficult to take care of. She has a lot of allies."

"Keeping that in mind, I suggest having Duke Wren over to our side. It would strengthen our faction even more."

"Not yet. His fiance is Aunt Medea's cousin. I do trust him however I fail to trust his instincts that would arise while siding with his beloved fiance."

"Then let us just get rid of the fiance."

Duke Axe shrugged to which everyone eyed him. Lyra sighed,

"Why would I hurt that poor woman? We are nowhere going near them. Let us just focus on Aunt Medea solely. I need a list of all the things she holds precious. Everything. Baron Ford, Count Hildred, three councilmen, and one board member please get to it. I need every single bit of information you can get. All the dealings, every person she interacted with ever since she entered the palace. Every. Single. Thing. Can I count on you?"

The said people bow in return,

"Your order is our command."

They then take their leave. As silence spread upon their departure, a meek voice came from among the group,

"Umm if I may suggest something."

One of the councilwomen raised her hand. Lyra gestured for her to go on,

"It may be sort of petty but Duchess Medea's birthday party is coming up quite soon."

________

Crown Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro