03 Friends

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Alexandria's POV

"Great, so we both have biology with Cameron," Skylar mentioned, as we walked down the lengthy hallway.

"Who's Cameron?" I asked. Many students we passed, have greeted Skylar and acknowledged me as 'New Girl'.

"Oh, Cam is one of my friends. You'll get along with him just fine," she answered, then averted her gaze to me, "So Alex, which school did you attend before this one?"

I decided it was appropriate to twirl a few strands of my hair and tucked them behind my ear, "Well, I-"

It seemed as if though the clover hanging from my bag's zip, was on my side. At that exact moment, someone began calling her name, crisis deterred.

"Skylar, how dare you ditch me this morning," the boy approached, teasingly smiling at Skylar.

"This is Cameron, and I did not ditch him," she clarified, sending a glare in the direction of the boy with dishevelled black hair.

"She ditched me," he said to me.

Then another voice entered the conversation, "Not even two seconds in each other's company and you two are already at it. Geez, get married already."

Skylar's cheeks were crimson and Cameron just rolled his eyes in good nature and said, "Good morning to you too Jesse."

Before the stranger could reply, the bell rang, and according to the teen flicks I have seen, it signalled the commencement of class.

As we entered the biology class, I introduced myself to Mrs Crawford and she welcomed me warmly and informed me that I need not do an introduction to the entire class. Internally, I was grateful for it.

Once we concluded our conversation, Skylar waved me over to a vacant seat beside her. The rest of the classes I had were alright, I had French with Skylar and Law with Cameron, who was actually pretty easy to get along with.

Unfortunately, a visible frown formed on my face when I heard that none of them took History.

What a letdown!

I slowly treaded towards the classroom Skylar directed me to. I did the same thing I have been doing in all the other classes, introduced myself to the teachers and found a seat. The only one that had not been occupied was next to a boy with dark blonde hair and electric blue eyes.

"Class please complete this essay on the war between the Kingdom of Crystallia and the Kingdom of Frostenia. When completed, hand it in before the end of the period." Mr Brown said as he handed out the tests.

Even though, he told me that I was not expected to take the test, I still took it. The word limit was the only restriction that I experienced, but other than that, my sheet was repleted with ink. The content that the teachers have introduced thus far, was already familiar to me and I could not possibly pass up the opportunity to do well.

My eyes looked back over at the essay I have written, to revise, for any minor errors that I could fix before handing it in. There was a tap on my right shoulder; therefore, I turned my head in that direction. The boy with the encapsulating facial characteristics held up a pen in his hand, which looked very much like mine.

I was about to whisper a 'thank you', but then came to the realization that we were not allowed to speak during the test. All I could do was smile gratefully, when I took the pen, but what bothered me, was the fact that he did not return my smile, he returned to his work instead.

Subsequently, I walked to Mr Brown's desk and handed in my paper, after the blue-eyed boy. Due to my nosy-skills, I noticed that his name was Jesse Blaize and perhaps he was the one Cameron addressed this morning.

After handing in my essay, I returned to my desk and in a matter of minutes, we then finally had break. As I walked out of the classroom I heard Mr Brown call me,

"Alex, could you please come here for a minute?" he requested from his desk.

I turned around in an instant, "Yes, sir. Is there something wrong?"

"On the contrary, it is actually remarkable that you have scored full marks in your history essay. It had all the correct facts, a strong argumentative opinion too and I must commend you for your essay. You're tied with Jesse for my favourite history student, so keep up the good work kiddo!" Mr Brown said.

"Thank you, sir!" I exclaimed, thinking about how quickly he read my essay. Skylar waited for me at the door with another girl alongside her.

⁞ Jesse's POV ⁞

After I left History, I made my way towards the cafeteria and walked towards our table, to find Blake, Chase and Cameron in a conversation.

"Hey Jesse," Cameron greeted me with a slap on the back of my head as I took the seat adjacent to his. "That was for this morning."

"I never knew stating facts could be another opportunity for you to abuse me dude," I muttered.

"What's up bro?" Chase asked from across the table.

"Hey guys, nothing much really, care to share what you guys were talking about?" I asked.

Blake piped up, "We were just talking about that new girl with blonde hair."

"That's not very specific doofus, he means the one that has been glued to Skylar whole day," Chase explained.

"Oh, that one, yeah I sit next to her in History," I answered nonchalantly.

"Let's just say she has the boys swooning over her right now," Blake stated lightly as he gestured in the direction of the entrance of the cafeteria.

Skylar, Maya and the new girl walked in and in an instant, some of the football players were whistling.

Perhaps it could be my imagination, but she looked insanely familiar, although I honestly could not recall where I had seen her.

"Everyone this is Alex, Alex this is Blake, Chase and Jesse and you already know Cam," Skylar took the liberty of making the introductions as they all seated themselves.

It did not take long before the guys began with their flirtatious habits; Chase started it off with, "You can just call us every girl's dream."

In addition, typically, Blake fell in line. "Yeah, yeah, so do you have a name or can I just call you mine?"

All attention has shifted to Alex as to see what her reaction would be.

"I actually prefer to call you all on your names if that is alright," she answered Chase. Next, "Yes, I have a name, it's Alex and no you cannot call me yours," she replied in a polite manner.

After that everyone pretty much focused onto their lunch. "Blake why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" Cameron asked.

"It's nothing; I just can't understand why Alex doesn't want to be called mine." Blake said jokingly.

"I love the the name my parents gave me and I like to be call theirs not yours." Alex said, and I just started chuckling.

"Well firstly," everyone at the table sighed as soon as we heard that, ladies and gentleman here came the list, "I'm one of the best looking guys at the Academy and secondly, girls in your position would have started fawning over me by now," Blake elucidated.

"Fortuitously, I am very different in comparison to other girls and I do not put people on pedestals, therefore there shall be no fawning whatsoever," Alex replied.

Cameron nudged me from the side and whispered with air quotations, "Fortuitously."

I simply laughed at that. I am really starting to like her, her spunk is refreshing. After a few minutes of small talk and eating, I heard Skylar ask,

"Jesse could you please take Alex to Chemistry, since you guys have the same class?"

"Yeah, sure," I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked up to Alex, who was currently occupied by her phone.

"Hey Alex, we have Chemistry together..." Before I could continue, I was cut off by the sight of her blue eyes that bulged out of their sockets.

"Wait what! I barely even know you," she exclaimed accusingly.

In attempt to stop my laughter, I said, "Haha- sorry I meant we have Chemistry CLASS together. Sorry again about the misunderstanding."

"It's fine. Lead the way," Alex ushered with flushed cheeks of
embarrassment.

During Chemistry class, Mr Stein started calling out names to assign partners for our yearly project. Then I heard the following:

"Jesse Blaize and..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro