17//

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As I have predicted, Parker Blaze was seated on the on the stairs to open air arena. His back was faced to me and I could sense his grievances even from afar. He missed his children. I shouldn't have done this.

As I approached him, I learnt one thing.

He was not only the father to my children but also the love of my life.

They say, absence makes a heart grow fonder, it did.

While I was spending time with the babies, My every moment was spent missing him. What would have been his reaction when he saw little Weston fart for the first time? What would have been his reaction when He noticed how Harper sleeps with her mouth open?

I consoled myself that I did what's best for my children but I realised I have been all wrong, from the beginning.

I came into his life, carrying his baby, lied to him and kidnapped the only best thing happened to him. I was a cruel witch. I don't deserve him.

"If you want to talk to him, just do it, Pearlin," I turned to see Brent, coming from his practice. "I really want to,"

"But you are scared," He was all sweaty and gross but that's not the point.

"I am," I couldn't look at his eyes and talk. I was full of guilty for separating a father from his newborn children.

"Just talk to him, he is pathetic right now, he has been looking at that one damn photo of you and your children the whole fucking week," I saw anger in Brent's eyes. He was feeling for his best friend. And I am the cause for his anger.

"I am sorry, Brent," I said turning away from him.

I turned towards The place where Blaze was seated a moment ago, but he vanished into thin air. There was no whereabouts of him and he was just gone.

I ran like a maniac all through the school to find him, eventhough the stitches killed me.

I was not supposed to even walk, but there was I, running to find him. I was not going to give up on him, like he did.

I spotted him near the cafeteria. "Blaze, wait," I shouted to which my voice Echoed. I thanked God cause there was no one around.

He didn't hear me.

"Blaze," I wrapped my arms, to his body,after catching him and tightly held him. "Please listen to me,"

Still no response. Karma is a bitch after all.

"I should have never said those words to you, I was broken, Blaze. I hated every word I said to you, I hated that I separated you from your children for a whole week, I was wrong from the beginning, Please, talk to me,"

He turned me towards him. "I am sorry," He then started leaving. "Wait,"

I grabbed his arms to stop him but he started ignoring me and walked towards his car.

"Blaze, please listen to me, I am sorry," Right then, the cramps started getting stronger and I couldn't even stand. I couldn't run after him. I just started panting, grouching the edge of the lockers on the hallway.

I dragged my feet until my butt could touch the floor and closed my eyes.

My dad. He was there. He was in his favourite pale green coloured tee. He was smiling at me. My baby Westons smile. "Hey kiddo,"

I couldn't picture myself speaking to him cause My dad was a gentleman and there I was, his one ain of a daughter.

"Look at me, you have got this, See how far you have, I am really proud of you,"

I missed mom then. I slightly smiled at him.

"Just because there is storm that doesn't mean than there won't be sunshine after it, kiddo,"

I was able to walk and I hugged him. Why did he leave me so early? I wanted to ask him so many things, but instead I preferred him doing the talking, considering his limited time.

"I know that he was there for you and helped you at your worst, but that doesn't mean that you have to do that all again kiddo, it's all about what your gut says you to do, Trust your inner self, Kiddo," His presence was slowly fading away and My vision was clogged.

"Daddy, please don't leave me,"

"I am not going anywhere, kiddo. I am right there, always with you," He said and I was no more in that beautiful place but an emerging colour of light appeared before my eyeline.

I heard the sound of an ambulance and started suffocating. I opened my eyes to see myself, wearing an oxygen mask, with a nurse behind me and BLAZE.

"Nurse, she's awake," Blaze was near me. He was with me. He came to me.

"Thank God," she whispered and lowered my oxygen level.

Blaze sat near me and started ruffling my hair. "Why would you have to do this?" He asked in the most sweetest voice. I mean I shouldn't think of this at a time like this, but yeah.

I lowered my oxygen mask to talk to him. I looked into his eyes which was then covered with worry. "I love you, Parker Blaze," I said and the cry-works started their duty.

"Jesus, Pearlin, you just came back from surgery," Blaze again spoke with the most sweetest voice. "Just hear me out, okay?"

He nodded and his cry-works also began their damn duty.

"I doubted you," cough, cough.

"Just stop, I know that you are sorry and you want me to forgive you for separating me from the children -"

I silenced him by raising my mouth and kissed him on the lips. It felt so good after that long time. I tried hard not to fall back to the bed, but I did. And he laughed at me. Damn it, I missed his laughter.

"You silly mother of my children," He pinched my nose to which I chuckled and the nurse groaned for the hundredth time.

-&-

"Yo he is just like me in this,"  Blaze commented on seeing Weston pee like a water pipe. "I did that all time when I was young," He laughed very hard.

He had Baby Harper in his hands and Pearlin had Weston while she showed him the video of Weston.

"I bet you still do," Pearlin said switching off her phone and prepared to run from Blaze.

"You silly mother of my babies!" They started running around the house. Harper and Weston were three weeks old and was overjoyed by their parents.

Blaze's parents were guilty enough to accept Pearlin as soon as Blaze introduced their family. Not to mention, Pearlin being the CEO of Jefferson Pharmaceuticals.

Blaze wanted his children to be out of sight from his parents, so they rented an apartment nearby Aunt Jenny's house.

The move in was postponed to a different date because of the babies. Blaze almost started living in their house and Harper never wanted to be held by anyone but her father, eventhough she is not even a month old.

Weston was a peaceful child. He never cried without any reason and would go to anybody.

"Reece! It's your turn to change Harper's diaper!" Blaze cried from the nursery, holding Weston.

The family was busy with the arrival of the Weston and Harper. Their naming ceremony was in a week and still the Parents hadn't decided their full names. What a family!

"You are the father here, not me!" Reece said, after changing the diaper.

"Don't be mean to daddy, Aunt Reece,"  Blaze held Weston's hand and mimicked him as if he is the one saying. "Come on Wessy, you love Aunt Reece, don't you my little baby?" Reece playfully said.

"Cupcakes for everyone!" Aunt Jenny came with a handful of her famous choco chip cupcakes.

"Not this again!" Brent groaned as he switched from the couch to the floor. "We have had this four times in a row, Mrs. Canniber!"

"What can I say, I love making cupcakes," Aunt Jenny blushed slightly to which the whole family laughed.

Both Pearlin and Parker saw their son kicking in the air at the same time. It was just infants thing but Pearlin took it on the other basis.

"You should play football, Blaze," She directly said to him.

"I don't know, it's been three years, Pearl,"

"So what? You can still be my quarterback, oldie," She winked on saying the word.

"It's just, Penny used to cheer me when I played, so now I don't feel like playing without her," He looked at the rug as he spoke.

Pearlin squeezed his hands. "I know it won't be the same, but we three will be there," She said and got up from the couch.

"Weston and Harper says daddy to play!" She shouted like a child.

And the others followed her saying and encouraged him to play.

"Oh my god, mommy says daddy is an oldie, Weston, do we believe that?" Again Pearl did that roleplay act of Harper and Weston. God, please stop her!

"Who are you calling oldie? Brent, imma talk to the coach," Blaze said playfully kissing Pearlin on the cheek.

"I want more of that now,"  Pearlin orders Blaze.

"As if I'd give you," Blaze smirks while Placing a call to the coach.

-&-

It was the day of the naming ceremony. People were crossed in bunch unlike the gender reveal. They had invited every single one of their school mates.

"So you two, are still keeping me in the dark, what a a-holes of a parents you are!" Reece said as she adjusted the hair band of Harper.

Weston was dressed in a suit and the whole family was matching.

"Thankyou everyone for coming to our children's naming ceremony!" Blaze shouted at the crowd and got a lot of aahs and oohs.

The two babies were placed in the cribs and luckily they were wide awake to see their parents being the nincompoops they are.

"Just do it already!" Reece impatiently shouted from the crowd.

Both of them smiled at eachother and raised the name boards.

Harper Sloane Blaze. Blaze had tears in his eyes as Pearlin showed her card.

Pearlin just nodded with happiness at him. Sloane was Penny's middle name. And Harper is the name Penny chose for her child. Pearlin highly suggested that she wanted to name her baby after Bible but Sloane also came from the Bible so she went for it without Brent knowing.

Weston Kendric Eloise Jefferson. This time, Pearlin was the one who cried. Kendric was her dad's name. Eloise was her mom's name.

"No you didn't!" pearl jumped on him before the crowd and hugged him.

"That's one heck of a middle name, but thank you," She said as she showered him with her kisses.

"I should Thankyou for everything, you are the best thing that ever happened to me,"  Blaze said as he kissed her further.

The end.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro