Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 85 - Please be careful

Translator: Yonnee

-

"...Irene?"

"Brother Morgan, you're awake?"

"Ah, again, I..."

It was strange for Morgan to feel refreshed right now-it's the first time he'd ever felt this way ever since he started suffering from his high fever.

With his condition now, it felt as if he had gone back to the past. No, his condition might be even better than before.

"Don't you need to rest more?"

He stared blankly at Irene, who was quietly recommending that he should rest. Back when they were still children, Irene had been no less of a tomboy compared to Elise, but he couldn't believe that that little girl had become a woman now. It still didn't feel real.

Besides that, there was this peculiar feeling. Whenever he was around her, his constantly stinging headache would disappear, and his breathing became more comfortable than ever.

"...You know."

"Yes?"

"Did you suffer from a high fever, too?"

Hearing his question, Irene narrowed her eyes slightly. Perhaps because he was an Esper, but any other ordinary person wouldn't have come to that conclusion.

Still, he didn't seem like he had noticed the difference between him and her.

"Yes, it was around a month ago."

"Then, that means..."

Morgan himself didn't think that he was making sense, but somehow, he was struck with the strong realization that she might be suffering from a disease that's similar to his.

"Have you become more physically strong, too? Ah, I know I shouldn't be asking such a question to a lady, but... I just feel so suffocated."

Irene wondered what she should do now. Could she tell him the honest truth? She didn't have any reason to hide this time, unlike how she had been with Ciel...

It seemed like Morgan didn't know anything about Guides. Besides, she was also worried because this Esper and her parents knew each other.

But then again, if he were to overuse his strength again like that, he might go into rampage and disappear from this world. Wouldn't it be better to at least tell him how to handle his power?

After she pondered for a moment, she then decided to tell parts of the truth, interspersed with white lies here and there.

"Yes, that's right. But I'm not as strong as you, Brother, so you have to be careful."

Among all the Espers, the ones who had physical powers had to be the most cautious. They were always conscious of their own strength, fearing that they might hold someone's wrist a little too tightly, leading to that person's bones breaking.

"Of course! To be honest, I've already hurt people a few times, so I always make sure to be careful... There are times when I feel like my hands aren't my own anymore. That's why I absolutely won't touch you."

Morgan couldn't hide his giddiness as he was talking. Before this, he just suddenly felt like he was so far away from all the people around him. It felt like everyone had become weak, and that he had turned into a different kind of species from them.

He still couldn't easily explain the loneliness and joy he felt at that time.

"Brother Morgan."

As Morgan was briefly lost in his recollection, he turned to look at the owner of that calm, yet determined voice. No, it would be more accurate to say that he moved completely unconsciously.

Strangely enough, Irene's voice seemed to have an influence. He was filled with the urge to listen to everything she had to say.

"Yeah, why?"

"First of all, please keep my circumstances a secret."

"...Uncle Arthur and the Baroness still don't know."

"Yes, and I'm afraid that they'll be worried."

"I guess so. They've always cared for you a lot, even when you were young."

Even though he was just talking to Irene, Morgan felt like this incomprehensible weight blocking his chest was getting lighter and lighter.

"Brother Morgan."

"Yes, Irene."

"It's imperative that you control your strength."

"Ah, as expected, I'm not quite there yet, huh?"

Morgan blushed, feeling a little embarrassed. He swept up his hair for no reason.

Irene was focused on giving him helpful advice, recalling the many physical-based Espers she had met in the past.

"Try visualizing how you hold a teaspoon."

"Huh?"

"Whenever you hold a teaspoon, you only use minimal strength, right?"

"I guess so?"

Morgan replied, looking at her with a puzzled look.

"Just think that everything's a teaspoon."

"...Eh?"

Stunned, Morgan didn't expect that she would say such remarks. And, seeing things in that way never occurred to him before.

Still, if he were to do that, he thought that he might somehow be able to control his strength, which had been difficult to control as of late.

Irene looked around the room for something he could practice on, then she went to the sofa and returned with a cushion.

"Hold this cushion gently."

"...Uh, okay."

Morgan held one corner of the cushion lightly, visualizing a teaspoon in his head. However, riiiip! The cushion's cover was immediately torn.

Seeing this, Irene sighed a little.

Morgan looked around the room for something else to practice on. He felt guilty about ruining the innocent cushion.

"I'm fine with this, but... Shall we use a tree branch instea- ah- ah-choo!"

Through the torn pillowcase, white feathers escaped and floated in the air. Morgan couldn't endure it and started sneezing one after another.

At this very moment, all he could think about was how embarrassing it was for him to show such a disgraceful sight to a lady. But then, he heard a peal of laughter beside him.

Morgan looked up right away, but he was rendered speechless soon after he saw Irene laughing. Her bright, innocent smile was no different from when she was still young.

And after this, there came a strange feeling in his chest, along with a rampant tempo to his heart.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro