93 - There's something I have to tell you

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 93 - There's something I have to tell you

Translator: Yonnee

-

After so many things happened, I finally went back home. In the meantime, I was able to meet with Baron Allen and my family right away, perhaps because they were also looking for both me and Morgan, who had disappeared from the mansion.

"Morgan!"

After spotting the bloodied Morgan on the ground, Baron Allen tried to run straight to his son, but he couldn't come near because he immediately realized who it was carrying Morgan.

"Your Grace."

At that time, Dad stepped forward as well. He made no effort to hide just how displeased he was.

"I would like to hear an explanation as to what had just happened."

Ciel no longer behaved as he did in the mountain a while ago, just calmly setting down the other young man on the ground. It was only then that Baron Allen rushed over. Mom left and went back the way she came, perhaps to call a doctor.

With a harmless smile pasted upon his features, Ciel answered.

"I hope that you don't misunderstand me, Baron."

"How can I not misunderstand the situation, Duke?"

"But isn't that why you're asking first?"

"...How could you do this to a guest of my family?"

I could feel Dad's energy blistering dangerously, and it was something I wasn't expecting to see. He had always been kind and tender.

Noticing my reaction, Dad immediately reined in his aura and quickly came to my side. He held my hand.

"And why did you take my daughter with you? I'm positively certain that she has turned you down, Your Grace. If that's the reason why you're doing this..."

"It's a bit of a shame, but I can say that the man right there approached me himself."

"...What? Why on earth..."

After talking to my father, Ciel turned to face Baron Allen.

"Are you aware that your son is an Esper?"

"...Pardon?"

The baron didn't know, so he naturally looked up in surprise. But right after, his expression hardened. I couldn't help but be a little surprised by how quickly he pulled himself together when he had been in such a daze just a moment ago.

Has he always been like this?

"When an Esper finds another Esper, they sometimes change and act impulsively. It seems like it hasn't been a while since he manifested, but as soon as he saw me, he attacked me."

He deescalated the situation so deftly. Dad and the baron's tense expressions both immediately relaxed as soon as they heard Ciel's explanation.

Truthfully, what he said wasn't wrong. Espers were people who were genetically hardcoded to be at odds with anything they saw as a threat, whether it be an Esper more powerful than them or anything else. Even if they're beaten down, they rush at their opponents and put up a fight.

Maybe Morgan's initial motivation was to save me, but he might have also been affected by Ciel's presence.

Despite knowing all of this, I couldn't tell them about it honestly because of how this knowledge was from my past life, and I was still keeping it a secret that I was a Guide.

...What should I do? My conscience was being stabbed.

"There's nothing for you to worry about."

Ciel said this seemingly to someone else, but it sounded like these words were directed at me.

I stole a glance at him, and he smiled furtively back.

Even so, he continued to speak with Baron Allen again.

"From what I've seen, your son is a physical Esper. You don't have to worry much about him, he can continue living as a normal person. He'll feel better soon."

"A physical Esper, what do you mean...?"

The Baron's shock was apparent in his features. He's being told that his son was an Esper, but from what everyone knew, there were only two Espers in the whole empire-the crown prince and the duke. It was only natural for him to be so surprised.

"Then, why did Your Grace come to my family's home unannounced like this? You did the same last time as well," Dad pointed out.

Doubts arose in my head. Didn't he say that he met Ciel by chance outside and brought him back?

The moment Ciel heard Dad say this, the look of confidence on his face disappeared. No, to be more precise, he now looked flustered.

"...It's only because I wanted to see her face, even for a moment. I never intended for this incident to happen."

He was the very image of an austere duke just now, but that was gone the moment the corner of his eyes drooped into a moping expression.

Since it would be better for Dad to focus on Morgan's condition rather than Ciel's weird mood shifts, I waved a hand and spoke up.

"I think it would be best to have Brother Morgan treated first, Dad."

"Of course, my dear. We should do that."

As David was standing behind me, he stepped forward and gently hugged me with one arm.

"You must have been so surprised, Rin. You must go back to your room and rest first as well."

"Brother."

"Father, let me carry Morgan on my back."

"Yes, Dei. Huu..."

David heaved Morgan on his back, then headed towards the guests' quarters at a brisk pace. I knew I wasn't in the right condition to go back to my room on my own, but I tried to follow behind David anyway.

But before I could even take a step forward, Ciel gently held my wrist.

"Just to make sure you're alright, I'll come back to see you again tomorrow."

He's not even the type to worry about other people. As I was doubting why he said that, Dad struck Ciel's hand away from me.

That was not something a baron should be doing against a duke. Nevertheless, Dad did not back down and raised his voice.

"Do not touch my daughter! And it's no use even if you come!"

"Baron Closch."

"I can't ever allow it."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro