Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 98

Translator: Yonnee

-

A tremendous roar broke out in that same instant, sounding as if a building was crashing sideways.

Prickle.

Goosebumps rose on my skin in an instant. It was a sign that I had experienced many times in the past.

Raising my head, I looked at Mom from this short distance away.

The scene that then transpired in front of me felt as if it's playing in slow motion. Mom was urgently looking for something while promptly taking care of her employees. It didn't feel real. I couldn't take even a single step forward.

"Ahhhh!"

"Madam! This way!"

This place, which had always been so full of warmth and tranquility, had become wracked with confusion and chaos. It was only after I had fully registered the screams around me that I could take a step forward.

"Mom!"

"Irene! Go back to the mansion!"

The gatekeeper guarding the mansion's entrance rushed straight to Mom, but I was distracted by something else other than them.

Bigger than the mountain behind my family's home... was a monster, heading down this direction with great agility.

With that speed, it would damage not only the mansion but the entire fief. It would be a relief if only one of those monsters came, but that was wishful thinking. Somehow, I could imagine droves upon droves of monsters following behind it.

"Irene! Hurry!"

Dreadfully worried, Mom ran towards me instead. After her, the butler, head maid and the other employees hid in terror.

"But even if we try..."

There's no place to hide.

It's a common misconception to think that, given its huge body, it would also have a huge head, but this monster was not that kind of monster. It's only making a loud noise on purpose.

It was aware that people would be frightened by this much noise. Then, it would lure another monster-a monster that would devour anything and everything glutinously, whether it be humans or its fellow monsters.

In Korea, many of my comrades had disappeared into that monster's mouth whenever it appeared.

"How..."

I had definitely studied about the creatures of this world through the illustrated book of monsters. They were similar in types, but still had distinct features that could set them apart from the monsters I had seen in Korea.

But that monster right there running towards us.

It was a monster that most certainly came from my previous life's world.

"IRENE!"

The same moment Mom called my name desperately, I took my bow from my shoulder, positioned a monster arrow on the bowstring, and aimed straight at one of the monster's eyeballs.

I needed to buy time. This was a kind of monster that ordinary people would not be able to defeat.

With all my might, I pulled the bowstring. Shoulders, arms, back-straight.

My muscles contracted and relaxed. As soon as the monster entered my range, I let the arrow fly.

Piiiiii-!

The sound of air being cut through was crystal clear. Then, I watched the monster screaming as it staggered back.

I chewed on my lower lip. The arrow didn't go straight into its eyeball-I only nicked it.

"Rin! Come over here!"

Mom pulled me into her embrace as she called my name. Though she was so shocked that her lips had become blue, Mom admirably made sure to prioritize me and the employees before herself.

"Mom, what about the citizens of the fief?"

With the monsters in close proximity like this, they would surely damage the estate. Back when monsters had broken through the borders, the fief also suffered enormous damage.

Mom judged the situation with a level gaze.

"Head Butler, how many guards are there in the mansion right now?"

"As far as I know, there are five guards on standby, Madam."

"Round them up. I should go to the estate with them."

"Mom, I'm coming too."

With an expression that she had never shown me before, Mom angrily replied to what I said.

"Never! You are going to your room! Everything will be solved once the household head comes back!"

"Yes, Milady. Please leave everything to us."

The guards ran here quickly and answered assuredly. They would definitely be against me coming with them.

Not wanting to waste any time, I just stepped down.

"Alright."

"Yes, now go back into the mansion, my daughter."

Visibly relieved to hear my reply, Mom left the mansion with the guards and some employees at her flank. I watched them from behind the building, and as they were further away, I began to move.

I couldn't possibly send off my mother to the monsters like this.

In the first place, I stepped back at first with the intention of following her.

After going to the stable, I snuck out my horse and was about to mount it- but before I could, I felt someone's presence behind me.

I didn't feel anything at all before this moment, so I instinctively took out my katar dagger and swung it in that direction.

"Irene, wait..."

Hearing the familiar voice, I stopped mid-swing. Morgan was standing behind me, smiling awkwardly.

"You know how to use that dangerous thing?"

And his eyes were glued to the katar dagger that's aimed at him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro