5| Learning About The Past And Getting A Job

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I appreciate your kindness, but, I don't feel so sure about this...Stranger danger, remember?" I say as I sweat dropped a bit before bowing in apology.

"No, no! It's okay! I understand!" The rabbit replied, as he waved both of his hands.

Then he suddenly face palmed himself after realizing something.

"How could I be so forgetful? And where were my manners? My name's Usagi!" He says before we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Usagi." I said as I chuckled lightly.

Then my ear twitched a little when Usagi suddenly reached into one of his pants pocket, appearing to be looking for something while he failed to notice that a photo fell out of his pocket.

"Huh? What's that?" I asked as I picked it up from the ground and looked at it.

In the photo, showed Usagi standing in the background of a group photo as a red wolf with amber eyes was hugging a jackal who had blue and gold eyes.

"Oh! I haven't seen that thing in forever! I was wondering where it went to..." Usagi mentions after I handed it to him, knowing that it's his property.

"Who's the red wolf and that jackal?" I asked curiously.

"That red wolf is Gadget and that jackal is Infinite. But, we all called him 'Zero' instead." Usagi answered as he looked at the photo.

"Huh...Gadget looks a lot like me, only I'm albino and have Zero's eyes." I commented.

"Well, you are their son after all. And I can definitely see your resemblance of those two." Usagi says.

I nodded in agreement while feeling confused at the same time, before deciding that I can trust him, since Usagi seems to know more about Gadget and Zero than I do.

"Could you tell me more about Gadget and Zero, privately, inside the pastry shop?" I asked.

"Sure thing!" Usagi replied before smiling.

Then we both went inside.

However, I still kept an eye on him as soon as we entered in the pastry shop to talk in private.

Then Usagi took me into a private room, before we both grabbed a chair and sat down.

After sitting down and I started asking questions about Gadget and Zero, Usagi easily answered them for me as he was telling me about their past and what they were like.

Especially, how they fell in love before getting married.

I was quite speechless and surprised at the same time after I heard what it was like back then before Gadget and Zero met, gotten married, then had me.

"Wow..." I began. "...That must've been tough dealing with the war while being a newbie to the Resistance. Especially when Zero became Infinite and tried to kill us all with his 'Virtual Sun' attack."

Usagi nodded his head in agreement.

"Heh. You still have a lot to learn about that part of our history, kiddo..." He says before ruffling me on the head as he chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, yeah...I know..." I replied as I smirked and rolled my eyes at that.

"Say...Don't you have a job and a place to stay?" Usagi asked.

I shook my head.

"No. I just got here." I answered.

"I see..." He went, seemingly to be deep in thought.

"How about I give you a job once we find a place that you can stay and live at by yourself?"

"Sure! I don't mind at all." I replied as my eyes lit up while I started wagging my tail a little.

"Then, let's get to it! I'll teach you how to cook as well since you probably don't know how to." Usagi says as he lead me to the kitchen after I had my stuff set down.

"Okay...So, the first thing I'm gonna be teaching you first before we get to the cooking part, is kitchen safety." He began.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro