Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

'Sғ Pʟᴀᴄᴇ'

"Thomas!" I yelled at Thomas while he was asleep in the helicopter.

"Thomas!" I yelled once again seeing that this time Thomas has woken up.

"Wake up! We gotta go! Come on!" I said to him.

"Let's go! Let's go! We gotta go!" One of the men said to us while helping Thomas and me to get off the helicopter.

"You all right? You all right?" The man said to Thomas.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Thomas said before running off the helicopter again.

"Thomas! What are you doing?" I yelled at him.

"We don't have time!" The man yelled at Thomas.

"Come on!" The man said grabbing me and Thomas.

"Get out of here." He said to us. That's when I heard a screech coming from behind us making me turn around.

"Cranks! We got Cranks!" The man said making me turn to Thomas.

"Gotta move! Not safe out here, kids!" The man said making me flinch when I started to hear gunshots.

"What's going on!" I asked but they ignored me and pushed me with the others.

"Set a perimeter! Hold them back on the right side!" The man said who is holding me making a single to the other man's.

"Come on, kids, let's go! Let's go! Move it! Come on!" Another man said to us while we were running towards a refuge.

We made it inside when I turned around and saw these huge doors closing and the man outside still shooting.

I turned around and walked to the others looking at the place it was very huge.

"What the hell is this place?" I asked them.

"I don't know?" Thomas said to me.

We heard the door and I got up from my place and walked to check who it was.

"You kids doing alright?" This man said to us.

"Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm." He said to us before I see him taking a glance at me which made me frown.

"Who are you?" Thomas asked him.

"I'm the reason you're all still alive. I intend to keep you that way. Now, come on with me. We'll get you kids squared away." The guy said to us making me and Thomas look at each other before walking out of the room and following him.

"You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place. For us, it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it as a way station.

Kind of a home between homes. Watch yourselves." He said to us before making me look up then ran to stand next to Thomas.

"That means you're taking us home?" I asked him.

"A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the scorch, where WICKED will never find you again." He said to us making me look at him when he said wicked.

"How does that sound?" He said to us.

"Why are you helping us?" Minho asked the so-called Janson guy.

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that your kids can survive the flare virus...

makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed. Beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives." He said to us before taking out a keycard and swiping it the doors opened and I saw a long hallway.

"Great," I mumbled to myself rolling my eyes.

"First things first... let's do something about that smell. And then you'll go separate ways. They will go to their rooms and you two go with the other girls." He said to us making me frown.

"Uh, can't I just stay with them instead?" I said to Janson.

"Yeah, why can't they stay with us," Thomas said agreeing with me.

"That's the rule." He said to me and I let out a sigh.

"Come on, please," I said to him putting both hands together.

"Okay fine." He said letting out a sigh before I let out a squeal and clapped my hands together.

"Now let's do something about that smell, shall we." He said to us before taking us to the showers and getting us new clean clothes.

I took off my clothes and hop Into the hot shower which felt amazing, I washed my hair and took the blood off my hands.

Every time I close my eyes I always see Chuck on the floor and me covered in his blood. "Thank you, Bloom, for being a sister to me."

Those words keep running through my head ever since he died in Thomas and my hands. "I'm sorry, Chuck," I whispered to myself.

"Um, what are these for?" I asked the woman.

"Just a little precaution." She said making a frown.

"Why do you need my blood?" I asked her while she place the needle in my arm.

"To see if everything is okay with you that's all." She said to me which I still didn't get but I just gave her a fake smile.

"Evening, Dr. Crawford." The women said to the other women walking past us.

"Good evening, how are the new arrivals holding up?" She said to her with a smile and gave me a wave which I returned politely.

"So far, so good." She said before noticing Dr. Crawford walking towards Teresa.

I turned to look in front of me seeing Thomas looking at me and I gave him a smile which he returned.

"Thomas?" I heard a guy say who was standing in front of Thomas.

"Yeah?" I hear Thomas say before the guy spoke up.

"Come with me, please." The guys said before Thomas got up and looked back once more looking toward where Teresa is.

"Bloom?" The guy In front of me said.

"Yes?" He said to me.

"Follow me." He said to me before walking away and making me get up I made eye contact with Minho.

It's been a good thirty minutes wait in a room u til the door buzzes open.

"Bloom, it's great to see you here. And thank you for coming." Janson said to me making me chuckle.

"Did I have a choice?" I said to him with a fake smile and Janson let out a chuckle.

"I was just hoping we might get a moment to chat in private, away from the others." He said to me while I lean into the desk.

"Okay, then," I said not sure what to say about that.

"Well... I won't take up too much of your time." He said to me.

"But you already have," I said to him.

"True. I only have one question. What do you remember about WICKED?" He asked me and I scoff.

"There it is. Why?" I said to myself biting my inside cheek.

"You not in trouble. We're just having a conversation. I'm just trying to understand." He said to me.

"Understand what exactly?" I said to him tilting my head to one side.

"Whose side are you on?" He asked me and I let out a sigh.

"You wanna know the truth?" I asked him.

"Yes. Yes, I do." He said and I nodded.

"I don't remember much but I keep having flashbacks or dreams about WICKED. I think I use to work for wicked and that I also had an aunt and I think- I'm not sure if I'm right but... I think I'm Ava Paige's niece." I said to him before I held one finger up so he doesn't interrupt me.

"I had a flashback about my mom I guess and my aunt arguing about what WICKED was doing with those kids.

I was sent into the maze and doing something I wasn't supposed to do that made my aunt I guess to sent me into the maze with the other kids where I met Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Minho, Alby, a-and Chuck." I said to him before looking down and playing with my fingers.

"I'm not on WICKED side not after what they did. What she did." I said to him.

"What she did do?" He asked me before I took a deep breath and look up at him.

"Ava Paige killed my mother," I said to him.

"Why would they do something like that?" He asked me before a let out a sigh,

"I don't know. Maybe you should've asked them before you killed them all." I said to him before he got up.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Enjoy the rest of your stay." He said to me before I turn to him confused.

"That's it?" I said to him,

"yeah, you have already told me everything I needed to know. You and your friends have all been cleared to join the others. Soon you'll all be moving on the greener pastures." He said before I realize.

"Wait! Hold on, there are others?" I asked him standing up from my seat.

"Follow me." The same guy said to me before Janson walked off and I followed the guy.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro