||8.||

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The Khan Haweli holds secrets, buried deep inside its root. Mir Mustafa Khan, ruled this haweli for over four decades since he was twenty, then his son became the next Nawab of this Haweli, Nawab Ahmed Mir Khan, the best one this place has seen so far.

Maybe because of his education or just his way of seeing things in a broader way, he did things in his way, never living with all those Legacies, having a normal life.

Even after getting married to his lady love Rubina Ahmed Khan, he decided to stay in London with her, until late summer of the year he died.

That summer he returned, making changes in the rules of the Haweli, which were obviously opposed by his father. Ahmed Khan died because of sudden cardiac arrest, leaving a heartbroken Rubina.

Since then, Mir Mustafa started ruling again, though Rubina is the Begum, so technically all decisions were blamed on her. Ruling this Haweli means handling the business, taking care of all loyal servants who have been here for generations now, and the power of controlling their lives.

Those years when Rubina was mourning for the loss of her love, her sons became loners. And the family which used to be together broke apart.

Mir Mustafa played dirty with them and no one had any say in it.

Though Sadia opposed she was under the mercy of her father, so she couldn't do much back then.

It was Ahmed Khan's decision to send him to a normal school and not any posh one, he wanted his sons to know the challenges of a normal person and not only the life of royals.

Arhaan Ahmed had always been what his father wanted him to be, did his schooling from his choice of school, graduated and then became a self-made businessman.

And the only person he has to thank for having his back would be his best friend Seher Mirza.

When Seher came to haweli, Arhaan understood her love for a joint family, so he started spending time with his family, provided Seher would always be there.

Little by little, he became close to Hadiya.

Haider had always been a brother to him.

Ahad Ahmed Khan was merely five when Ahmed and Rubina adopted him against Mir Mustafa's wish.

But their life in London was happy.

Four of them living a happy life with their minimum requirements, Ahmed practising his medicine and business from there.

After Ahmed Khan's demise, Ahad was sent to Doon School, that time he was thirteen.

And that was the first step to end their happy family,

Rubina shutting herself was second, Arhaan not using the Khan surname third and the last one happened decades later when everyone thought the family is coming together again with Seher holding them all together, at that point of time the step was taken, and this family broke apart.

Two years ago, Arhaan Ahmed left, Seher Mirza became silent with fake smiles and buried with workload and responsibilities, Ahad ran away with his broken heart, and Rubina stayed shut again, watching her family crumbling again.

Today after two years of stepping inside this Haweli, Arhaan is not much comfortable.

But seeing him here, Sadia is the first one to hug him tightly.

Large gates open revealing the massive haweli.

Today is glooming with lights, sounds coming from inside will tell you, that people are super excited, waiting for someone.

Arhaan heartbeat arises, gulping the bile, he looks forward. Memories playing in front of his eyes, shaking his head, he comes back to the present.

"Mera Arhaan..." For Sadia, Arhaan is always been her own son, the exact image of her brother.

"Kaisi ho ap?"

"Ap agye ab theek hai"

"Daddo.." Looking at those old pairs of eyes, watching him with tears, he hugged her, knowing well that today her happiness knows no bound.

"Arhaan... bachey..."

The emotional moment continued for some time, Mir Mustafa stand in the corner, knowing that his grandson will not greet him. Alizeah is as always not here.

Rubina knows it well, no matter what, Arhaan is not gonna greet her, but seeing him here is all she wants.

Ahad is happy too, but standing next to him, Zain is fuming in anger. Well, his anger is valid, he was the lone witness of all the sufferings his aapi had to bear for this Man, the Man his aapi is still in love with. Haider hugged him so did Hadiya.

By the time Seher came, the greetings moment was already done.

Descending from the stairs, comes Seher looking as graceful as ever. Alizeah stood next to her, and for the first time admiring her beauty. Daddo compliments her,

"Seher, kitni khubsurat lag rahi ho" Rubina said lovingly.

"Masallah" Sadia puts a bit of kohl behind her ear.

"Laadon..." Daddo motions her towards Arhaan who is lost in her beauty.

Soon the rings were exchanged, and sweets were given to the to be husband-wife. The ceremony is short as everyone has to rush back for the main wedding preparation. The Khatoon family left, and as for Hadiya's request, Arhaan stayed behind for a while.

Seeing that Seher is heading towards the kitchen, Arhaan followed behind. Today he has to talk to her. After the 'divorce' word drama, who he still don't know what happened, he needs a few answers.

Meri rahe tere tak hain
Tujhpe hi toh mera haq hai
Ishq mera tu beshaq hai
Tujhpe hi toh mera haq hai

"Red suits you." Coming from behind caging her in between his arms he said, more like a whisper licking her earlobes.

"Still not in talking terms." Again her silence is only his answer but this time he is not going back.

"I thought after last night there will some improvements, but I guess we are back you square one Love."

"DON'T.CALL.ME.THAT." Seher tried to free her.

"Why so?" He asked with an amusing expression hugging her tightly this time. After years he is seeing an irritated Seher Mirza.

"You... Alizeah?"But before he could speak anything else a gasped broke their eye contact.

"No, I'm not Alizeah..." Arhaan said correcting her.

"Wah wah , I am really impressed by you Seher, having your loverboy inside the Haweli now." Alizeah is standing by the entrance as always assuming things on her own.

"Listen you are.." Seher tried to stop her

"I am what... just wait and watch."

"Alizeah listen to me..."

The sounds coming from the halls tell there is a heated argument going on.
"Alizeah stay in your limits"

"Ap hume hadd na hi sikhaya. Zain hota kon hai iss ghar ka, Seher ka bhai hai thik lekin Seher kon h iss ghar ki.

Toh simple baat hai jab kisi ne batayi nahi toh maine socha Ahad ki biwi hai, aur Ahad ne divorce baat khud se ki thi, maine bs Seher se pucha key.."

"Pucha nahi apne, apne Aapi kon directly insult kiye key unka character kharab hai, islia unke husband unke chor rahe hai, tameez naam ki cheez hai apne." Zain is so done with family.

"Tameez toh ap rehne de Zain, apki Aapi kal raat bahar guzar key ayi haa uska kya."

"Zuban sambhal key Alizeah ap kuch bhi bol rahi hai." This time Mir Mustafa said.

"Wo kuch bhi kare woh theek h, hum bol bhi nahi sakte.."

Before anything else, Hadiya comes running down the stairs,
"Ammi uss room ki spare key doo, Aapi door nahi khol rahi"

"Spare key toh nahi hai"

Without wasting yet another second he rushed towards the backside.

"Seher please darwaza khol de" Ahad is banging the door.

"Laadon.. "

He enters the room from the open window. A heartbroken Seher sits there next to the bed.

What makes his blood boil is the red mark on her left cheek. He holds her cheek examine it, breathing heavily controlling his anger.

Her hairs are a mess, eyes swelled up with tears flowing continuously. The banging of the door made him stand. He opens the door, and there stood a shocked Ahad.

"Who slapped her?"

"Woh...

"I.ASKED.WHO.THE.FUCK.SLAPPED.HER?"

"Alizeah..."

Taking her in his arms bridal way he made his way downstairs. Eyes are fixed on them. Some in shock, others in tears.
In the hall, he let Seher stand keeping her close to him.

"Alizeah?"

"Oh now her Loverboy is also here."

"I want you to leave this place in the next 30minutes. Daddo makes sure she is out of the premises of the haweli." He said in a calm tone, the calm before the storm.

"Who the hell are you to say that?"

"NAWAB ARHAAN AHMED KHAN. The Nawab of this palace you are standing in. and husband of Seher Mirza."

Woh mohabbat hai meri
Usme jaan hai meri
Uspe yeh duniya qurbaan

•••••

Silence.

Well, the thing about will amuse everyone about, is its variety.

Like there is some comfortable silence. Then some silence before the storm kind.

Some silence where we will absorb the essence of the moment, then some when we just want that moment to and never come back. Some silence of happy moments, and some silence where grief is prominent.

Now there is silence, a silence that is choking them both. But it is far better than the demons which are dying to come upon the surface to destroy everything along with it.

If in this world, one thing has ever been a weakness to Nawab Arhaan Ahmed Khan, then it is the girl sitting next to him right now.

The girl who have him wrapped around his little finger, the girl who not only broke his heart but also killed him, the girl to mean the world to him, Seher Arhaan Khan, the Begum.

Sitting on the bed, having her in his arms, holding her close to him, his mind goes back to the past events.

The day is just like any normal day. Yesterday only, Arhaan was crowned as the Nawab of the Haweli, and Seher the Begum.

It's just been two months since they got married. Zain and Saira were there from Seher's side, and today Mirza is coming to meet them.

Living in the haweli is not something Arhaan prefer much but for Seher anything, and she just asked him to live here for this week

Hadiya left in the morning for AMU along with Haider.

By the afternoon, lunch is served, and Mirza is surely overwhelmed by their hospitality. The sudden voices from the backyard made everyone snap their heads towards it. Seher smiled to them, and leave towards the backyard,
"How do you mean that you knew? Arhaan apka kya matlab hai isse?"

"Hume khabar thi iss baat ki, Bade baba"

"Ahad ka naam hamare khandan se juda hua hai, unse bhag ke nikkah kar liya, aur iss baat pey apki razamandi bhi thi."

"Ap bol aise rahe hai jaise apko bohot fark parta hai."

"Apse koi baat nahi hai hamari. You are still a no one to me. Duniya ke liya ap Ahad Ahmed Khan honge, mere liye ni aj v ek ..."

"I dare you to complete that sentence. Aj ap yaha ke Nawab nahi hai, hum hai. Yaha ab hamare rules honge, aur Ahad ko equal rights dena pehla rule hai."

"Apko koi samjh bhi hai kya kar rahe hai?"

"Ap sey jyada samjh hai, mere abbu aj proud honge mere decision pr."

"Hum nahi mante ye baat. Business apko hi dekhna hai"

"I want Ahad to take over it."

"Never in my lifetime Arhaan Ahmed."

"Exactly Bade Babe, Arhaan Ahmed, that's what I am. I am just Arhaan, not the puppet Nawab you want me to be."

"Don't cross your limit Arhaan."

"Arhaan let's go you are losing it."

"Shut up Seher. Aj bohot hogya. Ap aur nahi. Mai jaa rha hun Haweli chor ke hamesha ke lia. Ap ko apki riyasat mubarak ko Mir Mustafa Khan."

"Arhaan... Zubaan sambhal key , wo bade hai humse."

"Ahad bhai hai mera."

"Bhai shant hojaye hum baat karte hai iss bare, mujhe business mere koi interest nahi hai"

"Baat yaha Haq ka hai Ahad, agar yaha tera haq nahi toh mera bhi nahi hoga"

"Arhaan hum iss bare mei..

"Ap ko agr yahi lagta hai toh Seher business dekhegi"

"Seher is not your pawn here okay. I know very well why you are asking for Seher, for her surname. Trust me I know the dirty game well you are trying to play here."

"Arhaan back off."

"Seher let's leave. WE.DON'T.BELONG.HERE."

"No."

"What?"

"I.SAID.NO.ARHAAN."

"Choose one. ME or "

"Ammi."

"Goodbye, Seher Mirza." And he left not looking back at the mess. Not for once looking back at the broken girl. Seher killed him, by choosing someone else over him. Something she shouldn't do.

The next scenes were quite blurred, he left this place, Seher begged him to stay. But he left and never look back.

That unfaithful night Seher lost her everything all at once.

Ahad left too.

And Zain became her soul support.

Coming back here means coming back to that place that never gave him anything, but has always taken a lot many things.

First was his Abbu, Ahmed Khan, then his Ammi, whom he hardly talks, his rights to be a brother to Ahad, and now his love too.

But if in this whole thing, he is certain about something then that is Seher Mirza, always been her. He might stay away from her, for years, but he knows her love knows no bound.

Nearly nine months he is working tirelessly in New York, busying himself in work is the only way out not to think about Seher. She didn't contact him, something which killed him a little more.

For the last few days, he is not very well.

Continuous dizziness is there. He may have a little temperature too, but he really doesn't care much. Suddenly his mind became blank, darkness engulfed him and the last thing he remembers is the picture of Seher on his desk before he faint.

The next time he woke up he finds himself in the hospital, groaning because of the headache. But to his surprise, he is not alone in the room. By the end of his bedside Seher looking pale, his movements woke her up and he regret his mistake. Her face is worried filled, eyes red swelled up. She is looking as if she had lost weight and more precisely her eyes are complaining as if he did something he shouldn't have.

That day he realised, he did something wrong. What he doesn't know but something is terribly wrong. Next, Seher left without a single word. But his mind goes to the magazine, to be specific its headlines stating...

/ someone who was determined to leave would leave quietly without exchanging goodbyes/.

Loving Seher Mirza comes naturally to Arhaan. Something he is habituated to do all the time. Right now having her in his arms, playing with her hair feels so normal. Last night was bliss, Seher woke up only once and he helped her to change into a night suit.

As the morning rays fall on her face making her glow like the hoor she is. Seher was never a morning person, to begin with, but in the last two years many things changed and this is one of those.

Waking up in Arhaan's arm signifies the beginning of a good day ahead. But that brings fear too. Fear to be confronted, fear that she has to tell him everything and this time there will be no escape, fear that this time she has to visit the past by herself and she is just not ready for that.

"Morning Love."

And again silence.

She keeps on looking at the empty space.

The room which used to be her safe heaven once now haunts her every second.

She lost her baby here, she lost her love here.

She lost all her pieces here.

"Still silent treatment?"

"Listen, we need to talk okay, and we will be doing that today itself, but for now I will make some breakfast for us."

••••

The living room of their same seems much similar to him now, like old days. Zain is sleeping on one couch half-covered with a blanket while Ahad has occupied the pullover bed, must have taken it out from the storeroom last night.

But then why on the earth they are sleeping in the living room. This place has rooms for them too. Without thinking much he goes on to make the breakfast.

The strong aroma of egg that too with coffee make Zain and Ahad wake up. Only one thought is running in their mind, what's next. Their eyes snapped towards the stairs, there stood Seher with an uncomfortable face. Without a delay, Zain goes to her.

Making her way downstairs, she tries her best to avoid memories of the last time she was here, upstairs, the staircase.

To her rescue Zain comes next to her, holding her hands and taking her downwards.

Zain and Ahad came last night because they have nothing to do with Haweli and leaving Seher alone in their home are not safe as they thought. And she is thankful that they care.

In the living room, silence is the only thing present. None of the three has anything to say.

Zain is himself terrified to visit the past, for Seher it's not even a question and Ahad is worried for the next thing he is supposed to disclose.

"Aapi... ap... If you are staying in Lucknow only we can shift back to your old home, I think that will be better."

"Zain I think, you Aapi and I have to discuss that among ourselves."

"Yeah of course, and then leaving her in her the middle of nowhere."

"Zain..."

"Sorry Aapi"

"Guys, I have some news" Ahad speaks this time.

"Yeah tell us?"

"Seher the... divorce is done"

"What??" Arhaan is shocked.

"Yeah?"

" You got a divorce, but why?"

"Because she.. she wanted it"

"Like seriously"

"Yeah "

" I am proud of you Ahad" Seher smiled.

"Are you people insane? He got a divorce and Zain is grinning like a fool and You are saying that you're proud of him"

"Yes because he ended her pain. Just because I am his friend doesn't mean that I have to think about him only. It is really wonderful to be in love, I know that but it is important to be happy. She and Ahad were madly in love, she still love him and he does too. But they are not happy, which is the main necessity. So yes I am proud of him because leaving is hard but letting your love go is the worst. And I know Ahad will find his happiness soon. I know that."

"Like the hell. What are you guys even high on? I was not here for two years and Ahad you decided to let her go"

"Exactly that's the point. Two years is a much longer time than you think of, he held on to it for that long, Maya tried too. But trust me sometimes some people are only meant to be lovers, not companions.

Ishq mein hone me aur khush hone me fark hai. Aur kabhi kabhi agr sawal zindegi bhar ka ho toh ishq nahi khushi chunni chahiye."

"Aur what if you are not happy? Then you will di...."

A gasp left from Zain's mouth, Ahad stand up in shock.

The tight slap echoed around the hall. Arhaan left cheek is burning with its impact.

First time in years someone slapped him, his love slapped him.

A known smile comes to his lips, the slap tells him the reality

No matter what Seher Mirza is not someone to leave.

Usse zindagi bhar Intezaar karna manzoor hai lekin yeh rishta todna kabhi nahi.

"Trust me I have many chances, reasons and moments to end this marriage. I have nothing burden to bear if for once I decided to leave. Zain will take care of business and Maa, Ahad is more than to take Ammi with him. I will be a free soul, living again without any responsibilities. Without thinking about your tantrums. Without checking your daily schedule, without checking your foods and drinks. I will be free from everything and all for once. Without thinking that next moment I may have to bear yet another loss.
But I didn't. And I never will. I know where my happiness lies, and just because of some anger issue and ego I am not ending my last hope even if it's an illusion I am living in Arhaan Ahmed Khan. I am not holding this relation only because of love, but because of my happiness too. That happiness which I planned with you. So next if ever you think I will do something like that, just maybe my waiting comes with an expiry date but my love doesn't. My hope doesn't. And if you wanted something like that, you are free to do that. I won't stop you di..."

"Just because I can't slap you, doesn't allow you to speak shit love. I maybe leave you for a while, but ending this is never even a thought, ever."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro