14 || New Blood

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sajaki was the first person who heard the bike coming down the trail, this scared him to the core knowing that someone else had a vehicle and they knew where the Sealed Titans lived. While standing out front of the fortress Sajaki had his gun pointed his revolver in the direction of the noise as it slowly got closer and closer. Two people came around the corner on a dirtbike, the person at the back was Tiger. Sajaki saw the Sealed Titans logo on the gas mask so he knew there wasn't going to be any trouble.

"Tiger! Where did you go?" Sajaki said in a cheerful tone as he placed his gun back on his belt.

"I saw the smoke and it was calling me I had to go" Tiger replied as he and Viper got off the bike and walked into the house.

"Who are you?" Sajaki said as he looked over and saw Viper walking into the house.

"We need to talk, have you seen the creatures?" Viper said causing Sajaki to turn his head and look at Viper while heavily breathing.

"Wait, have you seen those things?" Sajaki blurted out as he jogged over to talk to Viper who now took his gas mask off to reveal the burn-scar covered face.

"Seen? Damn near killed by them" Viper said with a raspy laugh, Viper found the storage room that had all the guns laid out neatly, "We're gonna need these things".

"You need to tell me what happened" Sajaki said hoping that Viper knew what to do.

"Well, it started when I found a man with fangs trying to eat me so I injured it and got away then I found myself in a village fool of rotting vampire courses" Viper was talking but got interrupted by Sajaki who gasped and took a deep gulp of water.  "nearly got eaten a few times before I managed to get out and I found your friend, we don't have many days till they walk here or run. Found a few that can run, I call them feral. We need to defend this place or get the hell out of here and hope this thing hasn't spread to the big cities"  Viper finished off as he grabbed a meal and another bottle of water.

"Wait what do you mean cities?" Sajaki said eye wide as if a whole new world opened up to him.

"You don't know?"  Viper said with a hearty laugh "There are at least 5 cites on this planet, you live in the middle of nowhere to be fair to you, you probably got lucky with having no one living here or no vampires" Viper carried on while looking out the open window into the forest.

"Where are these big cities, we have to help people" Sajaki said as he started to panic knowing there were people on this planet and something was threatening everyone.

"This is bigger than all of us, tell your people to build defenses and get ammo or me and you can leave right now and get to the city." Viper said making a proposition with a smile.

Sajaki walks off outside as Viper slowly follows behind him.

"EVERYBODY OUTSIDE NOW" Sajaki shouts trying to get everyone's attention, Wendy and Tiger walk out wondering whats happening.

"Whats up" Tiger said bluntly being forced to come outside and listen to Sajaki.

"We have a situation, some vampires are attacking and turning people into vampires. These aren't like the movies you might have watched and let Viper explain" Sajaki said panning his gaze across the rag-tag group and focusing on Viper giving him the opportunity to speak.

"Look, I'm not an expert but I've seen a few. They seem to mainly be Skeletals, these are slow and they have little brainpower and only go good blood. The second I've seen is what I call ferals, these things are fast and they have some brainpower so they can climb and have some basic speech. Final group I've seen are what I call full blood, I've only seen 1 of these up close and they seem to me or you until they open their mouth. If you see one aim for the heart, nothing else seems to kill them. I took a ferals head clean off but it still followed me." Viper says in an informative tone trying to get everyone up to speed as fast as he could.

"Animals can also be infected" Sajaki said in a relucted way.

"What the hell? whats happening?" Wendy said with a tone full of shock.

"Looks like we have to prepare this place for an attack" Viper said interrupting Wendy "I have seen at least 100 of the skeletals in one place and no way in hell would this place survive that number how it is" Viper continued.

Everyone turned their heads to look at the base which was now made out of bricks but also had massive holes in the walls which would have been used for windows, these looked very nice and brought the moral for the group up but also meant that anyone could get in if they wanted to. The situation sunk into everyone, Wendy ran off to start boarding up the windows she left open and Tiger started work on mounting the gun on the roof. There was a large amount of tension between everyone, no one would speak to each other for fear of losing focus. After a few hours, The base was boarded up planks lined the walls and windows and there were even a few spikes placed in the ground ready for any vampires getting too close. The LMG on the roof was aimed at the small dirt path which would be the most likely area for the vampires to attack from, well at least the Skeletals. Sajaki knew the river would be a good way to either get away or kill some of the attackers if it came to that.

"I need someone to come with me, I know where we can get some ammo" Viper said while he was getting ready at the bike, M1911 was on his belt with a fully loaded magazine. "Anyone not been out?" Viper said as he looked around.

"I'll go" Wendy said as she walked forward and getting onto the back of the bike.

Sajaki walked over to Wendy and handed her an M1014, a powerful shotgun which was a risky move giving it to someone who was leaving the base but it would help her. Sajaki knew this was going to be dangerous but if they didn't get any ammo soon they wouldn't be anywhere near prepared enough to fend off whatever attack would be coming.

"If we survive, I'll see you later" Viper said as he started the bike up and started to drive off. Wendy didn't have time to react to what Viper said as the bike spun around and left for the dirt track with a smokescreen of dirt blowing up in Sajaki's face.

"Where we going?" Wendy said while holding on tightly to Vipers waist, The wind blew Wendy's hair in every direction possible.

"I know a village this way, no way of telling if its safe but I have a bag of ammo in a building" Viper shouted over the noise of the motorbike, the bike was dodging debris that was littering the road and was in the way.

The rain was making it hard for Viper to drive steadily the thin layer of water on the road was causing him to swerve and slip every so often. Viper saw the village before Wendy, he also saw the vampires that called the village home.

"Fuck sake" Viper said while he released a deep sigh causing Wendy to look forward and see the shambling Skeletals that prowled the town.

"What are we gonna do?" Wendy whimpered as she grabbed hold of Vipers waist even tighter.

"What we have to" Viper said through gritted teeth as he pulled out the M1911, pointing the pistol at the closet skeletal and taking a shot as soon as he aimed.

BANG

The shot missed the heart but hit the skeletal in the left should, as it fell on its back brownish-red blood sprayed into the air and a small amount landed on Viper as he drove past.

Dodging another 6 skeletals Viper road down a small alley and parked the bike. Once they were both off the bike and standing at the end of the chainlink fence alley at least 8 skeletals wandered around the corner and looked at the two who seemed like rats in a cage.

"what the hell, why'd you pull in here" Wendy said as she observed her surroundings.

BANG BANG BANG BANG

"WINDOW" Viper shouted as he was trying to defend Wendy, he wildly shot at the mob of vampires. Viper knew he wouldn't be able to hold them off for long if Wendy didn't open the window.

"It won't open, why won't it open" Wendy shrieked as she started yanking and banging on the window trying with all her effort to open it, Wendy could see the safety inside compared to the horror just to the left of her.

"FUCK JUST OPEN IT" Viper shouted as he turned the gun in Wendy's direction, Wendy screamed.

SMASH

With an ear piercing sound, the window was finally open and safety was in sight. Broken glass littered the trashed house, but the reward would be worth the risk of death. Wendy jumped into the open hole without hesitation quickly followed by Viper who then pushed a bookcase in front of the window to stop the skeletals getting in. Viper and Wendy quickly blocked every window allowing them to have a safe place for a while. Ignoring the sounds of skeletals clawing at the windows the pair managed to find the backpack full of ammo for all sorts of weapons, once they had the ammo their mission was nearly complete Viper slumped in the armchair and exhaled.

"First time in a while i can relax" Viper said while lifting his feet up in the once overturned coffee table that was now placed in the center of the room.

"RELAX?! HAVE YOU SEE WHATS OUTSIDE?" Wendy shouted at the fact Viper even wanted the idea of relaxing while death was standing on the other side of the wall.

"Are you on the outside? there's no one in here so your safe" Viper said as he shut his eyes seemingly unable to hear the scratching coming from all corners of the house.

"How did you know about this place?" Wendy said as she was looking out the peephole in the window seeing the decaying creatures staring hungrily. The creature she was staring at only had half of its lower jaw and looked like it had been attacked before it turned, Wendy was disgusted at these things especially knowing they were once people like her.

"Welcome to my humble abode" Viper said as he offered Wendy a chair for her to sit down on. Closing his eyes again it seemed like he fell asleep again almost instantly.

Before Wendy sat down she looked out the window and saw all the skeletals stood around the parked bike and was wondering how they were going to get out to it again in the morning.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro