36. He Knows

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haider woke up to the warm light of the early morning sun. A slow and calm smile crept on his face. He sighed feeling his knee jammed and a weight on his arm. He felt the weight shift, and he turned his head. He opened his eyes and slowly, blinked at a sleeping Amaal. She looked peaceful with her head resting against his forearm. A respectable distance between them as she slept on her side facing him, while he slept on his back. His back was stiff from sleeping in the same position on the floor the whole night, but he didn't care.

He admired her face as the rays of the sun shone over her, enlightening her features. The beautifully shaped eyes, natural pinkish plump droopy lips with a cute cupid bow right in the center. He let out a sigh as he felt the urge of kissing those soft velvety lips again and again. Slowly, her eyes flickered open and she smiled lazily at him.

'Good morning.' She wished him. He smiled back and greeted her. She huffed sitting up and rubbed her face.

'Allah!' She sighed, massaging her nape, - 'the first time I slept on the floor and now I feel like wood.' She whined. Haider chuckled sitting up, resting his arm over his knee.

'In addition to feeling stiff my arm aches.' He teased. For a moment, Amaal looked worried but noticed his teasing grin and went back to her playful mode and slapped his arm hard. She laughed in triumph.

Haider noticed that her laughter rang through the room, making his chest feel lighter. He opened his mouth to compliment her but was interrupted by his phone's ring tone. Amaal and he stood up together, - 'I am going to take a bath. After me, you. Okay.' She said firmly.

Haider mindlessly nodded. His expressions turned stern upon seeing Banerjee's name flash on the screen.

'Hello!' He spoke and then remained silent as he heard everything from his panic-stricken employee. Amaal hummed in the background as she carelessly took out her clothes from the cupboard. She let the sound of him clearing his throat pass.

'You—knew—about—.' -there was a long unsettling pause, - 'Ha—Hania?'

His hoarse voice gave her jitters. Amaal stilled, her eyes slightly widened. A few moments later, she heard his footsteps approach her, but she remained rooted on spot with her hands buried into the piles of clothes. Haider held her elbow and slowly, turned to face him. She gulped softly. glanced at him, and quickly darted her gaze away.

'You knew, didn't you.' He enquired sharply. Amaal kept her head lowered and nodded. She winced as his grip tightened.

'How dare you?' – He spoke through his teeth. Slowly, she looked up and her gaze met his angry stare. His eyes had reddened, and pupils dilated.

'How dare you—and—' he exhaled deeply through his flaring nostrils and leaned closer. Amaal's back hit the cupboard, as he inched closer, glaring into her eyes. But she doesn't look away.

'What do you and Alina think of yourself, huh? Why did you guys decide to hide such news from me?' He reprimanded.

Amaal gulped again, - 'Because we—didn't want—you to get hurt.' She confessed in a meek tone.

Haider scoffed taking a step back, - 'And who are you to decide that?' He spoke throatily. She shook her head slightly. He turned around, grabbing a fistful of his hair, and sighed deeply. Amaal cautiously approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He immediately shrugged her hand away and turned to her. She inaudibly gasped taking a step back.

Haider pointed a threatening finger at her, - 'Just stay away from me.' – he walked up to the lower-bunk and pulled out a suitcase from underneath and slammed it on the bed. He huffed and turned to glare at her, - 'I am leaving. I have enough of you and your stupid antics and—' -he paused to take a gulp, - 'I will see Alina later. If you want, then go and tell her.' He marched towards the cupboard and on the way, he slammed his shoulder against Amaal's shoulder. She doesn't interrupt him as he angrily stuffed all his belonging.

Haider paused hearing Reyansh's voice. He eyed him from the corner of his eye and felt more irritated with presence and his screeching voice.

Excellent, talk about ruining a beautiful morning

Now, what is Haider going to do? 

How was the chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, my lovelies *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro