Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 31: A Test of Strength

The atmosphere in the office had grown colder and more stifling with each passing day. What once was a place of achievement and progress for YN had become a battlefield of whispers and judgmental glances. The recent events had shaken the company to its core, but it was YN who felt the brunt of it. Every step she took through the corridors seemed to echo with rumours and unspoken criticism. The respect she had worked so hard to earn now felt fragile, hanging by a thread.

Seokjin could see the strain in her eyes, even as she tried to maintain her usual composure. He hated seeing her like this so burdened by the weight of others’ opinions, so distant from the vibrant, confident woman he had fallen in love with. He tried to lighten the mood, throwing in his usual dad jokes and playful comments, but even his bubbly personality could only do so much in the face of the storm swirling around them.

One evening, after everyone else had left the office, Seokjin found YN still working at her desk, her face a picture of exhaustion. The city lights outside barely penetrated the gloom inside, casting long shadows across the room.

“YN,” Seokjin called softly, walking over to her. His voice was gentle, almost hesitant, as though afraid to break the fragile silence.

“Hmm?” YN murmured without looking up from the paperwork in front of her. Her fingers traced the edges of the documents absentmindedly, her mind clearly elsewhere.

Seokjin leaned against the edge of her desk, his large frame almost dwarfing her. His broad shoulders and confident stance were a stark contrast to the weariness that seemed to weigh YN down. He reached out, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. “You’ve been working non-stop. You need a break.”

“I can’t afford a break,” YN replied, her voice tinged with frustration. “There’s too much at stake. If I let up even for a moment…”

“YN,” Seokjin interrupted gently, his hand lifting her chin so she had no choice but to meet his gaze. His monolid eyes were filled with concern and something deepe —something that made YN’s heart ache with the intensity of it. “You can’t carry all of this alone. You’re human. You need to take care of yourself too.”

YN’s eyes softened, the tension in her body easing slightly as she looked into Seokjin’s face. His features were so familiar, so comforting, and yet every time she saw him, it felt like she was discovering something new to love about him. “I just… I don’t know how to make them see that what we have doesn’t diminish who I am or what I’ve built.”

Seokjin’s thumb stroked her cheek gently, a gesture so tender it nearly brought tears to her eyes. “You’ve proven yourself more times than anyone else here. Their opinions don’t define you. And as for us…” He hesitated, his voice dropping to a soft, intimate tone. “I don’t regret a single moment of what we’ve shared. Not for a second.”

YN closed her eyes, letting out a shaky breath as she leaned into his touch. “Neither do I,” she whispered, the words almost a confession.

Seokjin’s smile was warm, filled with a love so deep it left her breathless. “Then let them talk,” he said softly. “Let them say what they want. We know the truth. We know what we mean to each other, and that’s what matters.”

YN opened her eyes, her gaze locking with his. “You make it sound so simple.”

“Because it is,” he replied with a confidence that made her believe, if only for a moment, that it could be. “We’ve faced so much together already. This is just another challenge, and we’ll get through it the same way we’ve gotten through everything else together.”

YN nodded, the heaviness in her chest easing slightly as she allowed herself to believe in his words. “I just wish… I wish my father could see that too.”

Seokjin’s expression grew more serious, his hand still cradling her face with that same tender care. “Your father loves you, YN. He’s worried, that’s all. But give him time. He’ll come to understand.”

“I hope you’re right,” she murmured, though doubt still lingered in her heart. Her father had always been a man of strong principles, and the idea of her being involved with her secretary might be too much for him to accept. But for now, she had to focus on what she could control her work, her relationship with Seokjin, and how they would move forward together.

Seokjin, sensing her lingering doubt, leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her forehead in a soft, reassuring kiss. “We’ll get through this, YN. And whatever happens, I’ll be right here with you.”

YN felt a warmth spread through her chest, a small but significant reminder that she wasn’t alone in this fight. Seokjin’s presence, his unwavering support, was a light in the darkness that surrounded her.

“Thank you,” she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. “For everything.”

Seokjin smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners in the way she adored. “Always.”

As they gathered their things and prepared to leave the office, Seokjin stayed close to her side, his hand resting on the small of her back in a protective gesture. They walked out into the night together, the cool air a welcome relief after the tension of the day.

As they made their way home, YN couldn’t help but glance up at Seokjin, her heart swelling with gratitude and love. No matter how difficult things became, she knew they would face it all together. And as long as they had each other, she was confident they could overcome any obstacle.

For YN, that was all that truly mattered.

Please Vote.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro