Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 43: Facing the Consequences

The morning light streamed through the curtains, casting a soft glow on the room. YN and Seokjin lay in bed, their limbs tangled together in the aftermath of the previous night's passionate reunion. For the first time in weeks, they felt at peace, as if they could conquer anything as long as they were together. But they both knew that the world outside was still unforgiving, and they would have to face it sooner rather than later.

As YN gently traced her fingers along Seokjin’s strong jawline, she sighed deeply. “Seokjin, we can’t hide forever. We have to address everything, especially the office and the media.”

Seokjin’s eyes opened slowly, his gaze meeting hers. “I know,” he replied, his voice thick with emotion. “But whatever happens, we’ll face it together. I won’t let anyone hurt you again.”

YN smiled softly, feeling a warmth in her chest at his words. “We’re stronger now, Seokjin. But we need to be smart about this. We can’t let the gossip or the media tear us apart.”

Seokjin nodded, his expression turning serious. “We should start by addressing the office. If we don’t clear the air, the rumors will only get worse. And as for the media, maybe it’s time we take control of the narrative.”

“Are you suggesting a press conference?” YN asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes,” Seokjin said, sitting up in bed. “If we don’t tell our story, they’ll keep making up their own. We need to show them that we’re united and that we won’t be bullied into silence.”

YN considered his words carefully. “You’re right. We’ll hold a press conference. But first, we need to deal with the internal issues at the office. I’m not going to let Minseo or anyone else undermine us.”

Seokjin’s jaw tightened at the mention of Minseo. “She’s been causing trouble ever since she realized she couldn’t have me. We need to be careful, she won’t go down easily.”

“Let’s start by meeting with Han Beom Seok and the other key team members,” YN suggested. “We need to rally our allies and make it clear that any further sabotage won’t be tolerated.”

Seokjin agreed, and they spent the next few hours planning their approach. By the time they arrived at the office, they were a united front, ready to tackle whatever awaited them.

As they walked through the office, YN couldn’t help but notice the stares and whispers from the employees. She knew that the rumours about her and Seokjin had spread like wildfire, but she held her head high, refusing to let the judgement of others affect her.

They entered the conference room, where Han Beom Seok and the other department heads were already seated. The tension in the room was palpable, but YN and Seokjin were determined to take control of the situation.

“Thank you all for coming,” YN began, her voice steady and authoritative. “I’m sure you’re all aware of the recent events and the rumours that have been circulating. I want to make it clear that these rumours will not be allowed to disrupt our work or our company’s reputation.”

Seokjin stepped forward, his presence commanding attention. “We’re here to address any concerns you might have and to assure you that we’re handling the situation. However, I expect everyone in this room to act professionally and not engage in further gossip.”

Han Beom Seok nodded in agreement. “We’re with you, YN, Seokjin. The last few weeks have been tough, but I believe we can get through this if we stay focused on our goals.”

The other department heads murmured their assent, and YN felt a surge of relief. She knew they still had a long road ahead, but this was a good start.

After the meeting, YN and Seokjin returned to YN’s office. As soon as the door closed behind them, Seokjin pulled her into his arms, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “You were amazing in there,” he whispered.

“So were you,” YN replied, resting her head against his chest. “But this is just the beginning. We still have to deal with the media, Minseo, and everything else that’s been thrown at us.”

“I know,” Seokjin said softly. “But as long as we’re together, I’m not afraid.”

They spent the rest of the day preparing for the press conference, carefully crafting their statement and anticipating the questions they might be asked. As the time for the conference approached, YN felt a knot of anxiety forming in her stomach, but Seokjin was there to steady her.

The press conference was held in the company’s main hall, with reporters from every major outlet in attendance. As YN and Seokjin took the stage, the room buzzed with anticipation. Cameras flashed, and microphones were thrust toward them, but they remained composed.

YN took a deep breath and stepped forward to address the crowd. “Thank you all for coming today. I’m sure you have many questions, and we’re here to provide the answers. Over the past few weeks, there has been a lot of speculation about my relationship with Seokjin, and we believe it’s time to set the record straight.”

Seokjin spoke next, his voice firm. “YN and I are in a committed relationship, and while our personal lives have unfortunately become public, we will not let this affect our professional responsibilities. We ask for your respect and understanding as we navigate this together.”

The reporters fired questions at them, some respectful, others invasive, but YN and Seokjin handled each one with grace and confidence. By the end of the conference, they had managed to reclaim some control over the narrative, and the reporters seemed to have a newfound respect for them.

As they left the stage, YN felt a sense of accomplishment. They had taken a significant step forward, but she knew the battle was far from over. They would have to continue to fight for their relationship, their careers, and their future.

Later that evening, as they returned home, Seokjin pulled YN into his arms. “We did it,” he whispered, pressing a kiss to her lips.

YN smiled against his mouth, her heart swelling with love for the man who had stood by her side through it all. “Yes, we did. And we’ll keep doing it, together.”

Seokjin’s eyes sparkled with affection as he cupped her face in his hands. “I love you, YN. More than anything in this world.”

“I love you too, Seokjin,” YN replied, tears of happiness welling in her eyes. “And I’m not afraid of what comes next, as long as I have you by my side.”

They kissed, the promise of their future sealed in that tender embrace, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together.

Please Vote.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro