{6} KEEPER OF THE KEYES

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[Hagrid sits down on the sofa, takes out an umbrella, and points it at the empty fire. Two sparks fly out of the umbrella and start a fire. The Dursley family gasps.]

"He used magic illegally." As Fudge's fury reached its peak, he let out a yell, accusing Hagrid of using magic illegally. Mia and the others turned their attention towards him and could sense the depth of his contempt not only for Hagrid but also for anyone close to Mia. They recognized that this man's actions and decisions could pose a serious threat to their well-being.

"He used it to harm no one," Mia stated calmly, her voice carrying a subtle warning that conveyed how sternly she viewed the situation.

Fudge, aware of the disapproving looks directed at him from the surrounding individuals, realized that no matter what he said or did, he would face opposition. Giving one last glance to Mia and Hagrid, he reluctantly took his seat, knowing that the outcome was not in his favor. The tension in the room dissipated slightly, leaving behind a lingering sense of unease.

Mia: [puts cake down] Excuse me, who are you?
Hagrid: Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. O' course, yeh'll know all about Hogwarts.
Mia: Sorry, no.

The room buzzed with the collective reaction to the surprising news. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle's exclamations joined the chorus of surprised voices from the Slytherins present.

Percy Weasley, unable to contain his astonishment, chimed in, asking incredulously, "You seriously had no idea who you were?" His expression mirrored the surprise and disbelief reflected throughout the room.

Mia, feeling exasperated, rolled her eyes in response. "Of course I had no idea. Who would have told me?" she retorted with a hint of frustration, highlighting the lack of information and guidance she had been provided regarding her own identity.

Hagrid: No? Blimey, Mia, didn't you ever wonder where yer mum and dad learned it all?
Mia: Learnt what?
Hagrid: Yer a witch, Mia,
[Mia had a confused look]
Mia: I-I'm a what?

This particular moment of innocence brought smiles to the faces of the watchers. They were reminded of how pure and innocent sometime a person can be.

Hagrid: A witch. And a thumping good one, I'd wager, once yer trained up little.
Mia: No, you've made a mistake. I mean, I can't be... a-a witch. I mean, I'm just... Mia. Just Mia. Hagrid: Well, Just Mia. Did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared? [Mia softens his expression] Ah.
Mia: Happens all the time.
[Dudley whimpers. Hagrid hands Mia the same letter that has been sent the past while. She opens it and he began to read loudly for the others to hear.]
Mia: "Dear, Ms. Potter. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"YES!"

"Oh, Finally."

Sirius couldn't help but let out a loud exclamation, expressing a mix of relief and satisfaction. The sound of his outburst echoed through the Great Hall, attracting both laughter and amused groans from those around him. Remus, however, couldn't help but facepalm at his friend's antics, simultaneously entertained and exasperated by Sirius' dramatic reaction.

Vernon: [to Hagrid] She will not be going, I tell you! We swore when we took her in, we'd put a stop to all this rubbish!

"GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU BASTARD." Ron's words echoed through the room, filled with anger and a deep conviction. The strength of the statement left no room for doubt about the speaker's intent. Their powerful declaration made it unmistakable that they were ready to confront and challenge a threatening figure, determined to safeguard the person they cared for.

Mia eyes fell on him and smiled. "That was three years ago, Ron." The giggle that escaped Mia's lips served as a lighthearted response amidst the seriousness of the situation.

Mia: You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?
Petunia: Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. "We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful?" I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter. And then she had you, and I knew you would be the same. Just as strange, just as... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up! And we got landed with you.

Sirius and Remus exchanged a rueful glance and shook their heads, recalling Lily's past grievances about her sister's deep-seated animosity towards her. The memory reminded them of the strained relationship between Lily and her sister, reminding them of the pain it had caused both Lily and those who cared about her. The two friends shared a moment of silent empathy for Lily, understanding the weight of her experiences and the challenges she had faced.

"Don't believe anything she says." Remus made sure to tell her.

Mia looked at her him and gave him a small smile. "Don't worry. I won't."

Mia: [to Petunia, angrily] Blown up? You told us our parents died in a car crash!

As the surprising revelation sank in, astonishment filled the Great Hall. The unexpected truth left everyone with a whirlwind of questions swirling in their minds. Most prominently among those questions was why the Dursleys had lied about Mia's parents' deaths.

Confusion and curiosity hung in the air as students and faculty alike pondered the motives behind such deceit. The desire for answers grew stronger, as they sought to understand the reasons that would lead someone to fabricate such a significant and painful aspect of Mia's past. Eager to unravel the mystery, they waited anxiously for an explanation, hoping to shed light on this perplexing situation.

Hagrid: A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?!
Petunia: We had to say something.
Hagrid: It's an outrage! It's a scandal!
[As the Dursleys argue with Hagrid, no one, including Mia, is noticing Dudley taking her cake away]

The room simmered with anger directed at the Dursleys as everyone reacted to their despicable actions. Growls of frustration filled the air, and Ron's voice pierced through the tensions as he shouted at the screen, calling the culprit a "BITCH" for stealing his friend's birthday cake.

Vernon: she's not be going!
Mia: You have no control over me anymore!

Sirius, echoing Mia's sentiment, chimed in with support, appreciating her defiant response. "You tell him, Mia," he praised.

Hagrid: Oh-ho-ho, and I suppose a great muggle like yerself's goin' to stop him, are yeh?
Mia: Muggle? What's a muggle?

"Non-Magic people." Colin answered.

Hagrid: Non-magic folk.

He smiled.

[he immediately draws his attention back to Vernon and Petunia in anger] This girl had her name down ever since she were born! [As Hagrid was talking, Dudley was munching on Mia's cake.] She's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and she'll be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen: Albus Dumbledore.
Mia Potter smiles upon hearing Dumbledore's name

Dumbledore's smile softened further as he directed his attention towards Mia, giving her a nod that conveyed a sense of understanding and support. In response, Mia met his gaze and reciprocated the nod, a silent acknowledgment passing between them. It was a moment of connection, an unspoken reassurance that they were on the same page and working towards a common goal.

Vernon: I will not pay to have some crackpot old fool teach him magic tricks!
[Hagrid whips out his umbrella and points it at Vernon, threateningly.]
Hagrid: NEVER – INSULT – ALBUS DUMBLEDORE – IN FRONT OF ME.

Professor Dumbledore smiled proudly.

[Hagrid finally sees Dudley eating the cake and aims his umbrella at his buttock. He fires a magic spark at it, causing a grey tail to grow.]

The laughter from the students continued to reverberate throughout the room, creating an atmosphere brimming with lightheartedness and amusement. Although the adults refrained from joining in the raucous laughter, they couldn't help but let out a chuckle or two, unable to resist the humor of the situation. Amidst the collective reaction, a sense of infectious joy and merriment filled the air.

"Bloody hell," Neville exclaimed, a mix of surprise and amusement evident in his voice.

"Disgusting... but funny," Dean remarked, with a hint of amusement.

Dudley: Ahh!
The Dursleys shriek in both fright and horror as they run off out of sight. Mia laughs at this, so does Hagrid.]

Amidst the uproarious laughter, the hall resonated with words of admiration and amusement.

"Brilliant," someone exclaimed, appreciating the unexpected hilarity unfolding before them.

"That's really funny," Hermione chimed in, thoroughly entertained.

"Funny? It's hilarious," Ron added, unable to contain his laughter.

"Cool," the twins declared in unison, their mischievous grins indicating their approval, already plotting their next prank.

"That's pretty impressive, Hagrid," Sirius managed to say amidst his uncontrollable laughter, while Remus and Mia joined in the struggle to stifle their own amusement. The atmosphere was filled with mirth and joy.

Hagrid: Oh, um, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that. Strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic.
Mia: [Nods] Okay. Your secret is safe with me us.
Hagrid: [checks his pocket-watch] Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Bes' be off. [he goes off to the door and pulls it down again before stepping out. Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro