Chiều cao dòng

╭⋟───────────────╮
24/7
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: EmmaChorus

Reviewer :: Kim_eats

First impression :: 12/20

»  Cover :: 5/10

Upon seeing the cover, I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it. It is good creativity wise, but it's not that attractive. The picture of Jin you used goes quite well with the overall vibe you created in the book, sweet and fun. But when I saw the cover for the first time, I wasn’t curious at all to open the details and read it. 

What I would suggest here is, maybe try changing the colour of the title. It kinda blends in with the background while surfing. Also, it would be much better if the spelling of the title was included too, like the overlapping stuff. The name of the author is not clearly visible either, increasing the size and changing the colour would be much better.

»  Title :: ⅗

The title is short and simple, basically numbers. It is very relevant to the story since it's about Hana having to spend all her time with Jin because he is babysitting her. I won’t say it's unique and uncommon because it is not, but since it fits the story well, it's not an issue.

»  Blurb :: ⅘

The blurb is short and simple. Normally, it is suggested to write a blurb with a 200-300 word limit, but this one is only one line and yet, it is just as attractive. That one line does look like a run-on sentence, and there was a misplaced word, but the overall effect it has is interesting. Like, when one reads the word ‘babysit’, there always comes those cliche romance stories but this was so very different. I would say your blurb was amazing.   

Beginning of a new start :: 7/10

The beginning, to say the least, was interesting. It was funny too considering a 23-year-old was not only being grounded but her mother was also hiring a babysitter for her. That idea alone is amusing and it definitely made me want to read further. It was good that you didn't drag the beginning much and introduced Jin in the first chapter.

In the first three chapters, I thought the pace was okay, everything was going fine with basic introductions, and they both tried adjusting to living together. I do wish there was a little more description though. But then in the fourth chapter, all the members were kind of introduced and quite honestly, the chapters after that were very rushed. They felt rushed and I wish there was more story involving their first meeting instead of a short paragraph where it is shown that she gets drunk and the rest happens. It would have been more interesting with all the chaos because that's what comedy is supposed to be. 

Overall, the beginning is interesting, riveting and makes the reader want to know what adventures await Hana and Jin as they spend more and more time together. 

Concept and plot :: 20/25

The concept was definitely different than the other books following the same concept. Instead of making it all romance, you added comedy and  succeeded in making your readers laugh. At least, I laughed. The concept was really simple but the way it came forward was really cool. 

Next up is the plot, and to be honest, there is no real plot to it. It's just about Hana being a troublemaker and Jin being the one who tries to keep the trouble to the minimum and in that process, they fall in love. It's simple, cliche, but a nice book to read. There isn't much drama, and it's lighthearted, and it just makes you laugh. That's the best thing about your book, so good job on that. 

Characters and emotions :: 5/15

If I overlook the main characters, I feel like the supporting characters you tried to add were neglected way too much. As I said in the first impression section, I would have liked to see 'Jin's friends' being properly introduced and not get bound to only one paragraph in that chapter or the chapter where they prank the main leads. Introducing them and involving them in the chaos would have definitely made the book livelier, because I know you can whip up some drama surrounding them. The same thing happened with Hana's friend. There could have been more involvement of her as well as opposed to just being an invitation to a party. 

Coming to emotions, you nailed the Comedy part of RomCom but failed in the Romance part. It has to be equal when you are doing this particular genre. There were moments that did feel romantic, but it didn't come out as good as the jokes did. There was zero chemistry, and I couldn't relate to the characters either or feel their emotions. Your writing style plays a big part in it, and I'll cover it in the next section. 

Tone and style :: 5/10

For the most part, your writing style is good. It's almost perfect for the comedy genre and as I said above, that part came out really nicely.  

Now, what you need to work on is being more descriptive. Describing something well isn't going to make anything less funny. So, take your time, don't rush while writing and express whatever you are thinking properly. Let's take the spaghetti sauce scene for example. It literally happened in two lines. Granted it was funny in my head, but it wasn't funny while reading. You gotta describe it with words, add more drama and flourish to it. For one, drunk people can be extremely funny, even in their monologue. I remember reading a rom-com and the characters being drunk were just mind-blowingly hilarious. It was also the first book I read of this genre, and the balance of it really inspired me. The descriptions were done well and the jokes were just as funny, and I think with practice and more reading, you can do it too. 

I would really suggest you read more books in this genre, not the Wattpad ones, and understand how it's done. Maintaining a balance is the key point here, as long as there is balance, your work is going to turn out good. 

Grammar :: 15/20

The grammar was pretty good, though I did find mistakes that you can easily rectify if you read the chapters again. There were a few typos and misplaced commas. Also, some words weren't in the correct tense and some proper nouns weren't capitalised. But as I said, if you read the chapters again, you'll find those mistakes easily. 

There's also the dialogue tags that you missed. Dialogue tags are used to let readers know who is speaking. 'He said', 'She shouted' are examples of dialogue tags. 

When a dialogue tag is used before a dialogue, end it with a comma instead of a full stop. 
Example:
He asked, "Where are you going?"

If you use dialogue tag after dialogue, end the sentence in double quotations with a comma, unless you are using a question mark or exclamation mark, and the dialogue tag should not be capitalized unless it’s a proper noun. 
Example:
"I'm coming with you," she said. 

Also, when you use ellipsis, it's always in the set of three, like this, (…). No more, no less, keep that in mind. 

Extra note :: I hope this review proves helpful and you take it positively. As I said already, keep reading good books, study the patterns and implement them in your writing by giving it your personal touch. The more you read and write, the better you will get at it. 

Total :: 64/100

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro