1 - Rose Day

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Adya pinched the bridge of her nose. Grocery shopping in the supermarket was a time consuming task. But it was the best option as almost everything that she wanted was here. 

She stared at the couple standing before her. They just couldn't stop their drama. The guy exclaimed something stupid and the girl giggled like it was the funniest thing she had heard. Adya wasn't immune to the idea of romance. Perhaps she was irritated because hers had landed up in ruins. Get over him Adya! Her mind commanded.

She turned around, when she heard the abrupt stop of wheels of a shopping cart behind her. "Please open your eyes and walk, you almost hit me with that. " she exclaimed annoyed, looking down at the box of cookies that had fallen off the cart. 

"Extremely Sorry, I was ..am in a hurry!" The man said bending to pick up the box at to same time as she did. She stared at the familiar face.

"Hi!" He spoke as his eyes shone with surprise.

She forced a smile, despite the fact that she knew– he'd make out it was forced. 

"You can say a hi, it won't cause annulment of our divorce." He joked putting the cookie box back into his cart. 

"Can you not go there!" She turned back, and looked at the queuing people before her. More impatiently than ever. 

"Adya, if you don't mind can I please go before you?" He spoke standing beside her. Adya quickly stepped aside, glaring at him. "Why on earth would I do that?"

"Because it's..." he desperately tried to come up with a reason. Unable to succeed he sighed and confessed, "I am in a hurry."

"Everyone has work, no one's jobless okay."

"I said I am in a hurry," he spoke, staring at her in utter disbelief. She was being super rude.

"Back off." She snapped flicking her hair behind.

"Are you PMSing or on you periods or something?"

"Shut up!" She glared at him. "I am not." She clarified, on second thoughts.

"Thank God. Okay now, Listen. I am really running late, I have to get these to Priyanka ASAP. Her friends are already home and ... It's a Long story " he spoke, hoping she understood.

"Good for you. I am also running late. But unlike you I am not bothering everybody else." She snapped, was she actually PMSing?

Dhruv rolled his eyes. "If someone needs to learn how to be arrogant, I'd send them to you."

"Look..." She snapped her fingers, narrowing her eyes at him. 

"You know what...you talk to yourself. I am going to get a way out." He spoke cutting her off. His gaze moved around  thoughtfully looking at the young boy and girl standing before them.

"You'll have to go through me anyway!" She said very clearly offended.

His gaze froze and he cocked his head to look at her.

"Are you seriously running late?" He asked her raising his left brow, scrutinizing her expression.

"Of course." Adya lied confidently.

"Sure?" He asked doubtfully.

"Yes.!" She answered rolling her eyes. Did he still manage to read that she was lying?

"Perfect."  he uttered, looking at her shopping cart and then his. He walked back to his, picked up an empty basket. He quickly transferred the contents of his cart into the shopping basket and then placed it over her cart.

"What are you...?" Adya spoke looking puzzled at his act.

"Baby you're pregnant. It must be your sickness!" He said aloud.

"What!" She looked at him shocked, her eyebrows furrowed, eyes wide. Did he say Pregnant?

"Oh dear, don't panic..." He said placing her hand on his shoulder. She stared at him in disbelief. Out of everything her brain was busy coming to the fact that he still used the same perfume. "Excuse me, could you kindly let us go first. My wife's pregnant and she has her moods, I mean sicknesses. And she seems to be not alright at the moment." He spoke to the young couple standing before them.

"Sure sure," the boy said and the girl smiled at him. 

"Thanks!" Saying that he held her hand and pushed their cart forward. The other two women in the queue also allowed them to jump the line. The older among the two asking Dhruv to take care of his wife.

"What the hell! You can't just make me pregnant that way!" She hissed annoyed when they were done with the billing and moving to the exit.

"Of course I know, I can't make you pregnant like that!" He chuckled, thoroughly amused.

Adya's cheeks flushed in embarrassment on realising what she had just said. "I meant..."

"I understood." He said showing the bill to the security guard.

"You can't pay the entire bill." She spoke trying to change the topic.

"Of course, I can pay it." He replied, his amusement still evident through his shining eyes.

"I don't want you to. That's my bill and I will pay it." She said diving her hand into her bag to fish out her wallet.

"Adya, next time. I am getting late." He said as he gave a quick glance to the covers that had his stuff. He had asked the packaging guy to maintain a separate cover, so pretty much everything was in place except his ex-wife. 

"No. Take it. How much?" She asked.

"EPay me! You have my number." He said gathering his covers.

"Bye!" He said gazing at her face for a few seconds and then turned to leave. 

Adya sighed, gathering her covers. It didn't affect him? Being around her? She missed him so much. Scratch that. She was happy. She began walking towards the street that led to the main road.

"Adya!" His familiar voice once again made her heart leap. 

She turned around to find him standing behind her. His eyes looking at her. He had a five o clock shadow on his face, that made him handsome as ever. "What?" She feigned irritation. 

"Happy Rose Day!" He extended a rose. A beautiful red rose. She blinked. Was she hallucinating? 

"Huh?" 

He stepped closer. "Just thought of!" He shrugged his shoulders.   "It's Rose Day, today so why not... the least what I can do to make it up for making you pregnant!" He almost chuckled. "Bye gotta run!" He went away quickly leaving a fluttered and blushing Adya. She grinned biting her lips to keep from laughing. Stupid man! Her cheeks were warm and hurt due to the wide smile. God she was blushing. He still had his way to do that. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro