||1. Black Rose||

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Over thousands of people huddled together anticipating the arrival of the author of 'Black Rose'.

Whispers and murmurs surged through the crowd when I walked onto the stage. In a society which calculates a person's worth with skin color, how could they believe successful writer be ebony women?

Initially, I started the campaign  'blacklivematters' but all went in vain. That when I got the idea to write down about prejudices regard skin color and how people saw me.

During school annual day, fair kids were placed at the front regardless of their heights, performance, and darker-skinned children including me were made to stand at the back.

As I grew up, pressured to change the way I look propelled them to experiment from turmeric to cosmetic products on me. I emphatically relinquish the idea of being fair.

After graduation, came the talk about finding me a groom.

"If only I knew how your daughter looks, I wouldn't even come here. She's dark!"

That did not create uproar but when I rejected the suitor, everyone including my mother yelled at me.

"How can you reject him? You think prince charming will come for you or what? Do you want to remain a spinster?"

It stung my heart. I silently accepted the harsh reality in silence. I have no voice since I'm black. After that, I never went to any social events. Even though I'm not ashamed of my skin color, it scared me to go around people.

Why not? Even our television promotes 'fair being everything' compelling people to whitewash than embracing their natural skin tone. I hated to become part of them.

Hall became tomb silent when I started to speak up, "Thank you, everyone. Black Rose is not just my story, it's our story. We live in that society where black cats are considered bad omen and white cat loved by all. My point in writing a book is to make society accept a person as he or she is. I think at least now it makes a slight difference. No one should suffer from racism anymore."

The crowd responded with wild applause.

Word count: 354

So here is my entry for the wavering words contest. TheStarRangers

Shade of love: Black Lives Matter.

#Prompt2

Result: Winner🏆

Share your reviews on it.

With love,
Twinklingmeghs

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro