02 | Veil of Shadows

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The fear flooded Yuna's brain with a new amount of adrenaline and speed, which proved to be one of the stimulations to her faster heartbeat. In his distinct manner, his emphatic tone resounded in her head like a war cry when she tried to catch up with him. "Find the hidden path in the forest. But what does it mean?" Her mind was spinning, enveloped in complete perplexity and adrenaline.

As she made a turn, the sight of the alley where everything was coated with the dim, mystical light caught her eye. The luminous thing looked like it was emerging from a tiny, oldish door at the end. Was this jungkook by any chance implying? Immediately she bolted and burst it wide open.

The door led into a pathway encircled by the denser trees. The atmosphere was engulfed with outer energy, and Yuna felt the chill of her spine. As she moved along further, the tree trunks, as if in consent, parted to disclose a masked lane trailing in deeper into the woods. The heart, even though trembling, took her to the link that, for some mysterious reason, led her to elevate herself ever more.

The vast wilderness was imbued with enigmatic sounds, a murmur on the air, leaves rustling like they had secrets, and a few second-long sights of the sparkling figures that faded away into the darkness. As if she was the embodiment of fear and determination, Yuna's feet were those that guided her forward. She had to come to know the truth, the reality behind what was happening to her.

After hours had gone by, the road led her to a spot. An ancient tree took its place in the middle, with its spiked twirls pointing skywards like claw fingers. Intense, crackly air surrounded the area, and Yuna guessed that something really important was about to happen.

"Yuna." The voice was like an electric shock and she involuntarily turned around almost instantly.

In the clearing stood Jungkook; fervency as well as relief was evident in his eyes.

"Jungkook!" Yuna ran towards him with all her feelings. "What was that earlier? Who were the creatures?"

Jungkook's face became serious. "They are the Shades—beings from the veil, who feed on chaos and fear. They want your gift, Yuna, and they will not stop until they get it."

Her brow crinkled. "My gift? What do they want?"

"You possess the ability to navigate between the worlds of light and darkness," Jungkook explained "Your very presence is a bridge, and that makes you incredibly valuable—and vulnerable."

"Why me?" Yuna's sobbing voice glanced. "Why was I the one to be a part of this?"

Jungkook's eyes softened as he gently took her hand. "Destiny never goes according to the plan. You are to take part in holding these two realities in equilibrium. It is a big load to bear, Yuna, but you are not alone on this."

As Yuna looked into his eyes, she saw not only determination but a vulnerability that matched her own. A bond was forming between them—a kind which went beyond the world of the norm.

"I'm scared, Jungkook", Yuna whispered attempting to squeeze her voice out. "I've never asked for anything like this."

Jungkook's hands squeezed harder. "I know, Yuna. But sometimes, we're called to face challenges we never expected. And in those moments, we discover strengths we never knew we had."

At that moment, a low growl was heard in the clearing, and the ground where they were standing seemed to be quivering. The dark power descended upon them.

"It's not safe here," Jungkook said urgently. "There is a place between the realms that will offer you shelter—a place that is called the Nexus."

Yuna's chest was about to explode as she listened to him. "How do we get there?"

"Believe me," Jungkook said, his eyes locking with hers and never moved away from her. "Hold onto my hand, and don't let go, no matter what."

As Yuna was about to reply, the Shades broke into the clearing, and their eyes were gleaming malevolently. She then, with confidence, grasped Jungkook's hand.

In an instant, the surrounding world became a whirlpool of colors and they were swallowed into it. The ground disappeared under their feet and they were flying through a tunnel which consisted of sparkling lights and colors.

The spinning creation they are inside was like swallowing them, and Yuna was almost squeezing the life out of Jungkook's hand because that was the only stability in the sea of uncertainty.

What would they meet in the Nexus? Maybe they could be safe in the midst of the turmoil that was chasing them? After they came out of the vortex, they found themselves in one world. It made them feel both thrilled and afraid.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro