Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

They reached the surface in no time. Ava crashed her lips against Arthur's, but when she pulled away she began to cry. "What's wrong?" He asked resting his hands on either side of her face.

"Just George, some of the things he said to me." She said but tears began to overwhelm her.

"Ava, please." Arthur coaxed her. She just ignored him and continued to swim to the surface, he sighed and followed after her. Ava by this time had thrown all of her diving gear onto the beach with a little bit of a huff. As soon as his feet hit the dry sand he grabbed her hand and pulled her into his chest, if someone was walking past they would believe the pair to be dancing. Ava began to sob into his chest, Arthur raked his fingers through her hair gently and rocked with her. "Are you going to tell me?"

She sniffed and looked up at him, "George was complaining about you. He thinks I have picked you over him." She paused allowing herself to catch her breath.

"He did what? Is he threatened by me?" He asked.

"I'm not sure Arthur." She replied.

"Now, I know you have to work with him but don't let him get to you just ignore him." He said and softly kissed her head. Suddenly the clouds grew dark, the sky rumbled with thunder and was split with lightening. "Come let's get home." Arthur did his best to keep them both dry using his coat

They retreated back to Ava's home where she had a shower and got changed into her onesie and collapsed onto the couch with Arthur who also wrapped her up in a blanket and cuddled her in close to his chest. "Can you stay over?" She asked. He looked down at her.

"Of course my dear mermaid," he kissed her head gently. "You know we still need to find a way for you to see Atlantis."

"I know, but it's difficult when you're human," she reminded him.

"I bet," he smiled down at her and gave her a gentle squeeze. "Never thought I'd fall for a human," he chuckled to himself. "It's not a bad thing, though but does have its limitations." She huffed a sigh and turned on her laptop and began her work on the last dives findings. "Where did you put the shards you found?"

"They're locked up in our research unit," she replied, "why?"

"Just curious, I just need to know they're safe." He added. "How many have you found now?"

"Almost ten," she said thinking hard about it.

"Not long till we can rebuild the trident." He said.

"The thing is Arthur, they're small bits, the only big bit was the one I found that got me into this mess, it's going to be a while yet." She reminded him.

"Gives us longer to keep Orm off our backs," he said taking a swig of his beer. "I'm just glad you're okay and still here with me." He kissed Ava softly on the lips. She licked her lips.

"You know I'm not a fan of beer!" She giggled.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro