Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"We could remake the trident here? It could be safer," his mother suggested.

"That's a good idea," I concurred, and fidgeted on the couch, "it would be safer here."

"Easy Ava, you need to take it easy you're too hurt to move," Arthur reminded me and cuddled me into him.

"You don't have to be so protective, we're safe," I reminded him and gently rested a hand on her bearded cheek. He huffs a soft smile and leans his head into my hand.

"Nothing will get you here," his mother reassured him. "So how did you get this young lady involved in the matters of our kingdom?"

"I'm a marine biologist," I replied.

"So you guard our underwater wildlife?" She asks.

"I try," she says, "none of our campaigns have been successful as of yet."

"Why not?" She asks.

"No one wants to listen," Arthur finished for me and kissed my head.

"Everyone thinks the life of sea creatures don't matter," I reply and drop my head.

"Our world has turned so sad," she said. Arthur and I nodded. "We won't be going anywhere until you're better, Ava."

"No, we won't be," he said. I grew drowsy and sunk into a deep slumber in his arms, it was almost like my eyelids had suddenly become very heavy almost as if someone had tied weights to them. After an hour I woke up feeling a bit groggy and worse for wear. 

"Nice nap?" Arthur asks. 

"I could have done better with another hour in bed if I'm being honest," she says. 

"We have all night," he says. 

"I don't feel like I could fall asleep again now, give it a couple of hours then maybe," she says.  

"Whatever you need," he says smiling down at me and stroking a few strands out of my face. "I wish all this would be over, this war is draining me." 

"I know love, I know," I replied gently stroking his cheek. 

"I wish humans and Atlanteans could join together in peace," he begins.  

"Maybe one day," his mother said. 

"We can only hope," I respond trying to give him some hope, something he could at least cling on to.  

"Let's focus on getting this trident fixed, and making you the king of Atlantis," his mother said, "only then can we bring the peace that we all yearn for." An hour later his mother brings me the seaweed of their home to heal my wounds and aid my recovery. We sat outside watching the waves wash in and out, the sound lulling us into drowsiness. 

"Who would have thought a Marine Biologist would steal the heart of an Atlantean," Arthur smiles and kisses my head again pulling me into his chest. 

"Well, you love the sea as much as I do," I reply and gently kiss his cheek.  

"Maybe between us we can," he says.  "Are you feeling any better?" 

"Getting there, give me a few more days," I said.  

"We don't have as much time as we would like," he reminds me. 

"I know," I said. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro