Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Arthur pulled a chair next to her bed and sat next to her, his head in his hands. He took one hand in his and gently rubbed his thumb over it. "Ava?" He whispered, but still, she remained quiet. "You know I've watched you on your expeditions many times, I've admired your kindness to the animals of the sea. I remember the time you freed the turtle that had got stuck in a fishing line and the way you nursed that dolphin back to health," he said softly.

"I've always been drawn to you like I should know you, but I was always nervous to approach you in case you were scared or made you nervous," he said. His eyes roamed over her body looking for any sign she was listening, when his eyes locked on to her elbow she had a rather nasty scar and he knew immediately what that was. "That must have been painful when that Mako shark took a bite out of your arm," he chuckled to himself expecting her to answer but still silence.

His eyes caught her leg where a jellyfish had stung her and scarred her. He was learning more about her just looking at her than talking to her. Unknown to him but Ava was even in the sea in her dreams, she dreamt about riding hippocampi and swam past so many ship wrecks. But she heard his words, they made her smile but she couldn't respond. The blade had struck her deep, made her weak, she needed rest to get stronger. Arthur fell silent said all he wanted, said all he could. He looked at her walls and noticed that she had many awards lining them, one was for most dedicated, she even had newspaper cuttings. She was praised for saving seven stranded whales and helping to raise the turtle population.

He got up and walked over to her desk, there she had won many trophies from gymkhanas and horse riding competitions. He smiled to himself, she was one busy girl. Ava was still swimming and the hippocampi was diving deeper and deeper, it was heading to the Kingdom of Atlantis but before they could get closer her dream ended and her eyes opened slowly, she blinked a couple of times and the first thing she saw was an empty seat. "A. . .Arthur?" She called, he turned immediately and returned to her side.

"You're awake," he sighed.

Ava Smiled. "It's okay I could feel eyes on me in the water, but dismissed it as nothing but the creatures," she said reaching for his hand. Arthur looked at her with admiration once again he knew she could hear him.

"I just wish I could have said it to you while you were awake," he answered.

"Most people find confidence when they don't look people in the eyes, and when they think they're not listening," she replied. She tried sitting up and whined in pain.

"Take it easy," he said wrapping an arm around her and helped her to sit up.

"Who were they?" She asked.

"Soldiers, my brother must have sent them to get the shard back. You see it belongs to a very powerful trident who ever holds it commands the sea," he explained.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro