5.5 The village

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: This chapter is 5.5 because I'm gonna try to keep it short and it might be a bit fast paced, but nothing really happens here, I just don't want to leave a gap between the last chapter and how they got back to the village.

"So... what did you two talk about?" Amika asked from her place on the cart with the artifact. She told them that her legs were working fine and she could still walk, and that it was her arm that was hurt, but everyone told her to rest. That didn't stop her from trying to walk until Kassi literally started yelling at her to stop being stubborn and at the very least to ride in the cart until they got there.

To their luck, Kaleku mentioned that there were a few healing ninja in his village. He mentioned that they weren't the most skilled when it came to extreme cases, but he was sure they could help her.

"Stop asking Amy, you're getting annoying." Kassi responded to her after no one answered her question. This was the forth time she asked and the forth time Kassi denied her the answer. Kimo sighed. He was curious too, but he didn't want to say anything, especially not to her. While the other two assured him that they were fine and they understood why they had to fight, Kassi didn't. He was pretty sure she was upset with him, and he wasn't exactly sure how to handle that.

"Then just answer meeee." Amika whined and Kassi groaned before reaching down and picking up a small rock that was on the road and just chucked it at her sister.

"Oww!" She whined when it hit her leg and glared at Kassi who glared back. Ikebashi found himself confused at what was happening. Were they fighting? He had never seen them this tense with each other. He would have to ask Kimo-sensei when they got to the village.
-----------

When they arrived Kaleku wasted no time dropping off Amika and Kassi to the medical unit, mainly since the smaller girl refused to leave her sisters side, (he told them how to get to his house from there) before taking both of the boys to his place.

"I live alone, so you don't have to worry about being disturbed." As he spoke he took out two cots for them to sleep on. Kimo wasted no time and got comfortable, he almost went to sleep but Ikebashi quickly stopped him.

"Kimo-sensei, are the girls fighting?" He asked quietly after Kaleku had left them to probably handle things involving the artifact. Kimo sighed and looked up at the ceiling as he thought about how to word his answer.

"I think... that they're both just a bit worried and confused."

"You mean Kassi?" He asked because in his opinion Amika didn't really seem confused.

"Well, yeah. She's not the best at controlling herself or her emotions it seems." As he said that, Ikebashi couldn't help but think back to their conversation.

"Yeah, I guess not." He mumbled before turning around and getting onto his cot to sleep.

"Night, sensei."
-------

"You should probably get some sleep. We have guest bedrooms, but they're in the next building-" the nurse was cut off when Kassi quickly shook her head.

"No thank you, I plan on waiting here."

The nurse looked hesitant to leave her, but it was obvious the small girl wasn't moving so she nodded. "Alright, my apologies."

Kassi fell asleep not even 5 minutes after that, in the exact chair she was waiting in. She was passed by multiple times by nurses who weren't exactly sure what to do about her. Obviously she was a still a child, but no one knew if they should wake her or not. They decided to leave her alone, at least until Amika was finished, and once she was they woke her up and took her to see her.

Once they both looked at each other, instant relief spread through them, and Kassi couldn't help but throw herself into Amika for a hug. The taller girl grinned and hugged her back, happy she was able to use both her arms to do so. She heard a small sound and assumed Kassi was crying but she didn't see any tears when they pulled away. But the other girl had a determined expression leaving her confused.

"You shouldn't have gotten hurt."

"I'm fine Kass, see." She moved her arm to show but Kassi just shook her head.

"You're gonna get time to rest. I won't let anything like this happen again."
———————

"Sensei, we're staying." Kassi woke him up and stared him down.

"W-what?" He asked while trying to sit up and rub his eyes. He really was tired and just wanted to sleep, but it seems his students just want to bother him.

"2 days. We're staying here for 2 days." She said and that's when Kimo finally noticed Amika who was standing behind her.

"What are you talking about Kassi? We're leaving tomorrow." He groaned as he noticed that the short girl was glaring at him, but he was too tired to care.

"Me and Amika are staying here. She needs time to heal."

"My arm is fine, but she won't let it go. She said we're staying." Amika lifted her arm and moved it around just to make her point, but Kassi quickly grabbed her hand and put her arm down before giving her another glare.

"She's a bit tired. Lets talk about this in the morning." Amika suggested and Kimo happily nodded and laid back down, ignoring the upset voice of his student.
-------

"We're not going until tomorrow." Kassi said during breakfast. Ikebashi looked confused, he was asleep when the two girls had gotten back so he didn't know about her waking up Kimo.

"I thought that we were gonna leave today? At least I assumed we were..." He mumbled and Kimo groaned.

"There's no reason for us to stay. We finished our mission, we can go home."

"What if we get attacked again?" She stared at him and Kimo sighed. Was she always this stubborn? She was normally a lot nicer than this, but he assumed she was probably still upset about Amika getting hurt. He wouldn't be surprised if she blamed him for what happened, it's not like she would be wrong.

"Kimo-sensei?" Amika interrupted their glaring.

"I am feeling fine, and good enough to get back, but staying another day couldn't hurt. Just a small break, let us process everything before we get back. Please?" While she asked she reached over and grabbed Kassi's hand that was balled up in a fist. Kimo glanced down at their hands before sighing and looking up at the ceiling. They were still kids... and he can't deny that a big part of him doesn't want to go back yet to file the report.

"Fine. But we're leaving tomorrow morning. No delays." There wasn't a physical reaction shown on Kassi's face, but he watched as her fist unclenched and laced together with Amika's.

"Good... thank you." She mumbled and went back to eating.
-------------

They stayed another day and Kassi kept a close eye on her older sister the entire time, so Ikebashi was left out for most of the day, just moping around, and Kimo spent his time talking with Kaleku. The next day they left after dawn and traveled back to the village, they were able to get back much faster since they didn't have to travel by foot since they didn't have a cart to worry about anymore.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro