14. Little Problems

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Our house is a mess these days," Sarah complained. "I don't know what prompted my parents to start renovation a few days before our final exams start."

"You know, you are more than welcome to stay at my place for the time being. We can study together," Sarosh offered.

"Are you sure your parents won't mind?" Sarah looked skeptical, after all, she knew her best friend's parents well. They were very strict with studies. They believed friends were a distraction. Not that she blamed them, but she also knew that Sarosh took studies seriously too, so they don't really have anything to worry about.

"I'm sure they won't mind when I explain it to them," Sarosh said with a reassuring smile.

"I'd offer," Maya said to Sarah, "but I know your parents will never allow it. I don't know why they consider me a bad influence." She took another bite of her pizza and reached for the coke.

Sarosh and Sarah looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"What?" Maya looked at them, raising her eyebrows. "What did I say?"

"Are you deliberately playing dumb?" Sarah said.

"Oh, come on!" Maya looked offended. "How am I a bad influence? If anything, I think you two are a good influence on me. They should consider that."

"You have a point there." Sarosh said, thoughtfully.

"Sarosh, I'm going to take you up on that offer," Sarah said. She needed to get away from home for a while, and it was a perfect solution for her. Everyone loved Sarosh and she could even get study-related help from her.

With that decided, their attention returned to the pizza. And the little problems were already forgotten.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro