16. Doughnuts are Boring

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Doughnuts, seriously? Couldn't you find something a little more original?" Summra said, leaning on the kitchen door.

"Don't judge me," Frida said, smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" Summra crossed her arms over her chest. "Doughnuts are boring."

"But delicious," Frida said, putting the last one in the frying pan. "Also, pretty easy to make. Why are you complaining? They are not for you, anyway."

"It's our parents' 25th anniversary. We have been planning this dinner for a month. All I asked you to do was to come up with a sweet dish." She chewed every word. "They are right when they say never trust your younger sister to do anything right."

"Oh, chill, everyone loves doughnuts, and no one says that. Don't make up silly things just because you're annoyed. I wonder if they say something about older sisters." Frida exaggerated a thoughtful look, then raised her brows and continued, "Is everything else ready?"

"All set. I've taken care of everything else."

The dinner was perfect, and everyone enjoyed the doughnuts. All that mattered was the fact that they were there for their parents. Frida loved her family because they always stood by her and were there, no matter what. Unlike her supposed best friend who couldn't even keep a tiny secret. Perhaps her grandmother was right and she should let it go, but somehow, she couldn't bring herself to forgive Maya. Besides, it wasn't like Maya was dying to be friends with her again. She was more than happy with her two besties and probably didn't even remember Frida.

"Why the frown?" Summra said, entering the kitchen where Frida was putting away the dishes.

"Nothing, just thinking."

"Well, don't and come outside. It's a beautiful evening and we are all enjoying a game of charades. You're missing out on all the fun, sis." She ruffled Frida's hair in a playful, teasing way, which made Frida smile. "Now, there's that beautiful smile we all love. Let me help you with the dishes and then we can go out."

'Yeah, life isn't bad at all,' Frida thought, the smile still intact on her face and remained there for the rest of the night.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro