4. Spring Time

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You know spring is here?" Maya said it as a question, but it was more of a statement.

"So?" Sarah looked at her friend, intrigued.

"So, my dear friends," Maya paused dramatically. Her eyes held a mischievous twinkle, as if anticipating something good.

"What is it?" Sarosh said, unable to wait for her friend to continue.

"Well," Maya said, clapping her hands excitedly, "it means that it's time for strawberry picking."

They were sitting on the patio at Maya's house, soaking up the sun. The weather was mild, and the girls were enjoying their first day of spring break. They lived in a small town, hidden away among the mountains, where winter lasted longer than everyone's liking. That's why spring meant time for celebrations and festivities. Their town was famous for its strawberry orchards, and strawberry picking was a tradition they all loved.

"Oh, I almost forgot about it," Sarah said, shock evident on her face.

"I don't understand what's the big deal," Sarosh said, sighing, "I'd rather just stay in and read a book or two."

"You did not just say that!" Maya shrieked, "How can you not love the chance to be out in the sun, eating strawberries, and having fun?" Then she seemed to realize something. "Oh right, you don't like strawberries," she said sheepishly, "It's still fun to pick them and make tarts."

"Strawberry tarts are to die for," Sarah said with a dreamy look on her face, "yum!" Everyone knew about her sweet tooth.

"OK, stop imagining tarts," Sarosh said without humor. "I suppose, as long as we're doing it together, strawberry picking isn't a bad idea, after all." Because to her, that was the only important thing; to be with your best friends. When you were with friends even the most mundane tasks could become fun.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro