Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

<Liar>

•••••

The two boys were waiting round the corner of the waiting room, outside the toilet doors. Jihoon lied when he said Woojin was in the waiting room, since it was the first thing that came to his mind to avoid suspicion. The same incident occurred with him saying he was shy around strangers. 'Shy' is only a word in Jihoon's vocabulary when the context is pretending to be shy for aegyo. In other words, he's not shy.

Hana and Daniel walked in through the automatic doors, breathing in the air that was not cold, but not warm.
"Umm," Hana stuttered. "Can you do me a huge favour and wait here while I go to the toilet real quick?"
"Sure." He smiled. "I'll just sit here."
"Okay, thank you!" And with that the young girl followed orders and made her way round the corner, only to be faced with the two boys, standing up as if nothing happened.

She made sure she was out of sight before she started talking.
"What the hell?" She asked. "Jihoon I thought you broke your ankle?"
"Well... Noona..." Jihoon mumbled.
"Turns out it was just dislocated." Woojin butted in hurriedly. "We got all the way here in the ambulance and they only realised it was dislocated when we got here, so they just said wait here to be picked up."

"But you're walking on it fine?" Hana mumbled.
"Yeah," Jihoon sighed. "Turns out all they needed to do was pop it back into place." Hana visibly shuddered at this, but then composed herself.
"Right, okay, so how do I tell my friend that I just wasted his time?" She asked them, folding her arms.
"Just tell him the truth." Jihoon said, fully well knowing that the 'truth' was just another set of lies.

"Are you gonna tell him the truth with me?" She retorted, and the boy visibly shook is head.
"Noona~ you know I get shy easily." He mumbled, and the girl couldn't help but smile.
"You weren't shy around that girl in your year." Hana replied, and Jihoon's eyes widened. Had he been caught?

"But Noona he looks terrifying!" He exclaimed. "Have you seen the size of him!? He's too big! Get on the wrong side of that guy and I'll end up with more than a dislocated ankle."
"Fair enough..." she mumbled, turning back to take a glimpse at Daniel who was on his phone. "He does look pretty strong."

"I mean-" Jihoon stuttered. "Pftt, yeah, he doesn't look too bad." Hana giggled at the boy's behaviour.
"Do you guys have enough money to get home?" She asked, and the pair shook their heads slowly. Seeing this the girl pulled out some money from her purse, handing it to Jihoon.
"I expect change!" She growled, and the boys nodded, Jihoon did so with a broad smile on his face.

"Noona, I should treat you to a meal next weekend." Jihoon suggested. "As a thank you for everything you've done for me."
"Well, I'm not one to say no to free food." Hana chuckled. "Okay then, Saturday night. I'll see you then."
"Bye Noona!" Jihoon smiled.
"Stay safe!" She replied, walking around the corner.

"Sorry about that." Hana smiled, walking over to Daniel.
"It's okay, you ready to see him?" He asked.
"Actually," She began. "While I was back there I bumped into a nurse I knew from school, so I asked her about Jihoon-"
"Wait." He mumbled as she sat down next to him. "Is this the same Jihoon that stayed at your house."
"Yeah, he's such a troublemaker I don't know what to do with him sometimes."
"Anyway, continue." He smiled.
"The nurse told me that he came in making a fuss, but turns out he only dislocated his ankle. He didn't break it." Hana took a deep breath.

"Oh, well I guess that's for the better." He smiled.
"I'm sorry for wasting your time like this." She looked down to the floor, anticipating what he was about to say.
"Well, I don't know about you, but I thought the motorbike ride was pretty fun." He smiled at Hana, and the shock at his words caused her to look up into his eyes. "And it may not have been for long, but I got to spend some time with you."
"Yeah," She smiled. "I mean, the motorbike ride was scary as heck but at the end of the day I made it out alive." At this Daniel laughed.

The two of them stood up out of their seats and Daniel turned his back against the doorway to face Hana. As soon as he did so the two teenagers swiftly ran from around the corner and bolted out the door. "Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked, pulling out his keys, completely oblivious to the pair who just escaped.
"What about Seongwoo?" Hana replied. "You still have his helmet."
"Oh well, he can wait." He smirked.

"Plus, I'd like to see my baby girl's home." He winked, and Hana took a deep breath as she started to walk off. It was her best attempt at ignoring the words that came out of his mouth, but it was blatantly obvious to both people that those two simple words had a very large effect on her.
"Yeah yeah, come on then." She laughed, and he followed her out the door of the hospital.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro