Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"An update on THIS book of oneshots? Wasn't this abandoned years ago? Aren't you like a senior in fucking high school now why is your solangelo fanfic book being updated???"

The answer is yes.

Basically I've had this draft saved for a few years and never finished nor deleted it. I have kept it in mind though as something that could be amusing to finish at some point. And whelp, I wanted to do something creative today, so I decided to finish it. It's not well written, but it's certainly written and I had some fun. I didn't change basically any of what i had written years ago so most of this is ✨️vintage✨️ but it's pretty obvious where I came in because the songs are newer with one exception: when I originally wrote this I had no idea what song to give to Percy so originally it was freaking Oceans by Evanescence so uh yeah I changed that. I haven't proofread it because fuck it we ball anyways enjoy!
°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Finally, Chiron approved us.

It was probably that we dragged the entire rest of the camp into the discussion, but I wasn't complaining. After all, we got our show.

Annabeth was finalizing stage design; Leo was working on special effects; Percy, Frank, and Jason were setting up decorations; and, well, Nico, Piper and the Stoll brothers were "shopping."

I , Will Solace, am managing this whole fiasco.

"Hey, Will, do these stairs allow for good movement while still being safe?" Annabeth walked over, holding some blueprints.

"Yeah, they'll be great. Maybe a little more width per step considering what shoes Nico's wearing."

"Gotcha." She scribbled down a little note and called some help to put together the full stairs.

Our decorators were, surprisingly, pretty focused. Since the show is in bunker nine they had most of the light structures set up already, we just had to switch out the bulb for Leo's custom color-changing ones, aka "Hot stuff Leo's bomb-ass lights for the show."

My boyfriend walked into the bunker. "We're back, obviously. I finally found the right concealer and foundation for you, plus a better wig cap for you and band-aids for your toes, darling." He already spoke in a somewhat feminine voice and the performance wasn't even until tonight! I was so not ready.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

We skipped lunch and didn't even realize it. The Hephaestus and Athena cabins were almost done with making the stage by now, and all the hanging decorations were up. The bunker itself had already been cleaned out by us when we first got out idea. Tables and chairs were leaning against the outside of the bunker, and some of the younger campers were setting them up inside (with some help of course.)

I grabbed one of the foldable tables and brought it inside. Without scratching the new flooring, I gently set it down and unfolded the legs.

Annabeth noticed, and walked over. She seemed happy with the efficiency of the stage's creation. "Everything's moving along well! With the way everything's going the show will happen tonight! Get the rest of your cabin, and you go get ready!"

I smiled back uneasily. "I'm still nervous, Nico's, like, an expert at this and I've never done it before. I mean, sure, Percy, Frank, and Leo are doing it too but it's still terrifying."

She laughed. "Will, you've slain monsters, saved people who have been wounded beyond recognition, been at camp for two wars, and you're scared of embarrassing yourself in front of camp?"

"...yes. But I'll be in heels!"

"Too bad. So will I."

"But Nico's gonna give me, like, his craziest pair! And I don't even know what I'm wearing!"

"You'll be fine. Just go." She left me and back to survey the stage, leaving me with my one table I set up.

Once I left the bunker, I walked over to my cabin as slowly as possible to grab my half-siblings. They greeted me with looks of amusement, knowing that I was dreading the show.

"Hey, y'all," I shouted. "Annabeth wants your help with setting up the tables and chairs."

They quickly got up and left, leaving me to slowly walk to Nico's cabin. I had never appreciated the artwork in the cabin designs as I had now. But, to my dismay, I heard the familiar creak of the Hades cabin door swinging open, and I watched as my lovely boyfriend strutted down the stairs. He was in full costume, a lovely sequined turquoise leotard with some strikingly black fishnets. His heeled knee-high boots, made of a faux leather and covered in the same glittery sequins as his leotard, also with a thirteen inch heel, made a loud clomping sound as he stepped down.

"Oh darling, there you are! You've been hard at work, go wash yourself off and then get in your dress, I'm positive it'll fit!"

I followed his instructions, but I couldn't get this dress to zip. It was skin tight, white, short, and also, covered in sequins. I was thankfully wearing some shorts underneath for the performance.

"Babe, can you zip me up?"

Nico walked in, his makeup half done. His skin looked as smooth as an unused powder blush, and his eyes looked small next to the dramatic contour. "I was about to start my eyes, so good timing. Turn around."

I let him zip it up, finding it a little harder to breathe as it went on. I was glad that some padding was sewn into the dress so I didn't have to wear a bra or anything. Nico turned me around. "Lovely, just lovely, dear. I need to finish my eyes, go help the other three, they're struggling with their dresses as well. They're in the main room."

One thing I never expected to see was a room of half-naked, muscular boys, each trying to get in a dress. I wouldn't say it was a fantastic thing to see, but it was hilarious.

"A little- uh- help here?" Percy called out. I walked over, admiring the work on Percy's outfit. It was elegant, definitely the classiest of everyone's. Lustrous black fabric clung to his legs, with a long slit going up nearly to his hip. It had a low, flat neckline and long bell sleeves. I already could guess what wig Nico had in mind for him. The zipper moved up smoothly, and while it was a little bit of a tighter fit, I could zip it up all the way.

Percy turned around, the fabric at his feet catching the air and revealing a deep blue color on the inside. "Thanks, man, I appreciate it.

"No problem, I gotta say that dress looks absolutely stunning on you."

We both laughed at that, and Percy went to pick up a pair of navy blue heels with a very simple design, at least for Nico's taste.

Leo's costume had three pieces- a very revealing bra-like top with a matching tutu, both bright orange with silver sequins decorating the neckline and waistband respectively. They could both light on fire, which was the plan. However, as Leo showed off, the skirt could be ripped off (dramatically, of course) to reveal some very short, high waisted denim shorts, with little flame patches on the pockets. Orange fishnet tights completed the look, along with the matching gloves he grabbed. I fastened the clasps on his top as he put on the gloves.

But Frank's outfit was by far the best. A silky looking, royal purple leotard hugged his waist. A floor length, sheer but dark, purple skirt with a godet that started at just the right spot hung from his waist. And of course, there was a small train. Laced in the fabric, there were small, yellow lights controlled by pushing a button on a ring that he was not currently wearing, he explained. The leotard had a high neckline, and long, tight sleeves with a line of those same lights on the outside on each arm. It was a breathtaking sight.

With everyone dressed and Nico's makeup not done yet, we talked a bit about how tucking went. We were all worried for Frank and Leo the most, since out of everyone, if it fell, they'd be in the worst position. But soon enough, we were each whisked away by an Aphrodite girl to have our makeup done. Except for me, because of course Nico had to do mine.

He had long lashes and bright turquoise eyes to match his costume, and even a glitter highlight. He now also had on a shoulder length platinum blonde wig. I was immediately attacked with powders and other makeup things I couldn't identify. While Nico was working on my face, he was watching the others and giving guidance on what he wanted their faces to look like. After more than an hour, which was quick for drag makeup, apparently, we saw our final looks.

I was correct about Percy's wig, it was solid black, straight, and down to his lower back. Leo had orange curls down to his shoulders, and Frank had a half-up half-down style, two french braids leading into a bun at the top of his head while the rest of the wig hung straight and down to his mid-back, dark brown. We all had only basic drag makeup done, since we didn't want to take super long. The only style differences were the gems on my lashes and the eyeliner designs around Frank's eyes.

Walking to the bunker using a back way to avoid being seen by campers while in heels was difficult, but it would have been worse if we hadn't practiced moving in heels for the past month. The back entrance to the bunker was open, with Annabeth waiting for us.

"It's nearly eight PM, the rest of camp is eating dinner so there's some food waiting inside for you, and we want to start the show at eight thirty. I assume we're keeping our original plan of the younger camper friendly show until nine, then the entire show will end around ten?"

"Yes, and drinks will also be handed out after all the younger campers leave?" Nico replied.

"Yep, however one of the recipies couldn't be made without the alcohol, but the rest worked out nicely."

"Fantastic."

Nico strutted into the bunker, and we all followed him.

It's almost time for Camp Half-Blood's first drag show.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The lights were dim, and Nico was onstage. Harley was in the back working on the lights, ready to turn the main spotlight onto Nico. The last of the younger campers, or everyone under sixteen, sat down in front of the stage, while everyone allowed to stay for the full show sat at the tables.

The light flicked on. The show begins.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood's first drag show!" Nico said into his microphone.

The audience cheered.

"As you all know, I have with me tonight four of the camp's most loved boys performing with me tonight, and I'm very excited for all of you to see them. I'll of course introduce them as they come out, but I should introduce myself first! I'm your host for tonight, Alotta Lovin."

(A/N, I plucked the names from my head and if there's an irl queen with one of these names, oops.)

Nico set his microphone down backstage, and walked back on as the opening to Me Too by Meghan Trainor started. Colorful lights danced across the stage as he started his child-friendly routine that went with the song. And even though his expression was limited, he still worked hard on this portion of the child-appropriate show.

As the music faded away, Nico finished by grabbing the microphone again.

He didn't even sound out of breath. "Thank you-," applause interrupted him. "Thank you for being here tonight, I'd like to introduce our second queen, Hot Stuff."

Leo walked onto the stage with pure confidence, as Just Like Fire by P!nk started blasting. His routine was very sassy, and he kept his skirt on for now, as the shorts we decided were a little too short for this part of the show. We whistled at him from backstage, of course.

He ended his routine by snatching the microphone from Nico. "Oh thank you, darlings!" He said, which was met with applause as he walked offstage. We quietly congratulated him.

Nico finished clapping himself. "Now, that was some hot stuff from Hot Stuff, wouldn't you say?" We heard mostly cheers from the younger section for that one. "Well, I'd like to present our next lovely lady, Sea-lena!"

We all knew Percy wasn't sure about his name choice, but we assured him that it was cute and if people didn't understand that it was supposed to sound like Selena, then that's their loss. Rain On Me by Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga started playing, and Percy gave a heartfelt perfomance. Annabeth looked like she enjoyed it from her place in the audience, but we knew she was really waiting for after the younger campers left. His elegant style was in contrast to Leo's sassiness, and when he finished and the applause hit, it felt more melancholy.

Nico was quick to announce Frank. "Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between, next up we have... Miss Francesca!"

Frank chose As It Was by Harry Styles

The audience seemed a little shocked that Frank was able to dance like that, but they haven't seen most of it yet.

Frank gave Nico a not-so-hidden high five as Nico started speaking again. "And my personal favorite, not that I'm biased, Rayov Sunshine!"

I'll admit my life flashed before my eyes a bit, and all of my practicing and work put into this little routine felt like nothing. But I still managed to put on a face of confidence. I was dancing to one of my favorite songs, The Fame by the one and only Lady Gaga. The tiny little dress I had on swished around with me as I twirled, and as I sahsayed off the stage and down to the audience, I noticed briefly that some of the sequins had come off. But I continued my number, giving little high-fives to the kids and bending over so that the older members of the crowd could see under my skirt in order to give them a saucy peek of what was to come later in the night.

Well, that happened!

As I made my way back behind the curtains, I gave Nico a quick fist bump and sat down, congratulating the others as well on my way.

"That will be all for our younger audience, we will resume in ten minutes for everyone else." Nico announced, rather mysteriously.

The younger campers whined a bit, but eventually they were ushered back to their cabins. It was time for the real thing. The lights were off. The audience was hushed. Backstage, we were all holding our breath. None of us knew what Nico had planned. I saw our sound tech hit a button. A single spotlight came on.

And there he was. In the center of the stage, back facing the audience, with a look of determination on his face. The sound tech hit another button, and none other than Lizzo's About Damn Time started playing. I watched as Nico whished his wig around, strutting seductively, eventually making his way to the tables in the audience. Annabeth handed him a microphone from somewhere, and the music dropped down to a low volume.

"Let's have some fun tonight, shall we?"

Cheers erupted from around the whole room.

"Drinks will be served now" he continued, and with a brusque clap of his hands, drink trays were brought out by some very campy skeletons. "And now the fun will truly begin."

The music picked back up, and while everyone began sipping their beverage, Nico pranced around, dropping it down low on occasion and certainly giving certain people mini crises over their sexual orientations. Fortunately for me, I'm quite settled in my own and I definitely enjoyed watching this show.

The music changed to Baby One More Time by Britney Spears, which was Leo's cue. He gave us all a quick look of panic before covering it with a mask of confidence, and headed out to do his second number. By that time, I had been handed a cute little drink by Annabeth, who indicated by her wink that it contained some "liquid confidence" and I was relaxing.

By my turn, I was really feeling the vibe. I knew that I had selected Dancing Queen by ABBA but I could barely hear it over the rush I was feeling. Maybe I also should have chosen something a bit more scandalous, considering that my legs were very much out and I was using that to my advantage, I doubt anyone cared.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Perhaps I had a little too much to drink? The rest of the night was a little blurry, but there was lots of laughter and small tumbles in those awful shoes. But overall, it was a blast.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro