[ 3 ] Coach's Perky Blonde Daughter

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

© 2018 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something New

[ Chapter 3 ] Coach's Perky Blonde Daughter

. . . . .

Wren

9 Months

. . . . .

I was sick; that was the only explanation. Yet the irony of my already fucked up situation seemed to hop right up and slap me in the face.

Pregnant. I was pregnant with Jay's child.

I could chance it - I mean it wasn't like these drug store pregnancy tests were one hundred percent accurate, right? If I went into the doctor later, maybe even tomorrow, it'd say something different. The doctor would walk in and the relief would bring me right back to reality. He'd say I was stupid for even thinking I was pregnant, what with the birth control and the added precautions.

I was sure of it. There wasn't even a reason to schedule an appointment.

Still, my stomach was churning with every memory that washed over me. I could still hear the groans that spilled out of his mouth, some that even I had never pulled out of him, when I'd walked in on them.

James Pennington was an ass.

Even still, I took him back. Two weeks later and it was like nothing had happened. He hadn't slept with the coaches daughter, and I certainly hadn't told said coach about the affair my boyfriend was having with his nineteen year old daughter.

It didn't happen, point blank. Which is exactly the reason why I shouldn't be pregnant. If the cheating bastard got me pregnant before I've even gotten over what the hell I saw two weeks ago so help me god.

My chest clamped down at the thought.

I had been old enough to see how pregnancy had affected my mother. She was nauseous ninety percent of the time. Forget about morning sickness because guess what? The Manny family wanted to push the boundaries, make those standards harder to reach.

I was in hell; my own personal torment. I don't even know what kind of shit I got into to deserve this karma.

Clamping my eyes shut I tried to push the images of the perky blonde from my mind. The way she looked at me when I walked in on the two still made me want to punch a wall. She looked happy, like she was going to win Jay after their mere month-long affair. Fat chance, sweetheart. I'd already put in a year with the cutest Pennington boy.

I still loved that cheating, lying, ass of his.

I needed Scarlett. I hated that she was all the way in New York, gallivanting around like she owned the damned city. The guilt only piled on higher and higher every time I thought about those last few months we spent together.

She was right; Jay and I should have broken up, but not for the reason she thought.

I was drunk that first night, and quite honestly, Jay took advantage of me. Not that I didn't like waking up next to a gorgeous man-God football player. He was going pro for Christ sake! Then he was nice enough to go out with Scarlett, Zane and I. He paid for my dinner and took me home, only kissed my cheek before leaving and calling me promptly in the morning.

It was nice, simple in comparison to everything else I had gotten myself into.

I could see a life with him, and yeah maybe I got a little defensive every time Scarlett tried to call me on my shit. Dating Jay to piss her off was something I would do, but for some reason I looked at my relationship with Jay differently than I normally would have. He had the potential for forever, so I just kind of went along with whatever he needed.

I wasn't even working right now. Jay needed me on all the away games so I never got the chance to apply.

I was stuck at the apartment twenty-four seven; without any friends or family to call my own. Mary-Anne, Jay's mother, was nice enough but it wasn't like she was my mother. I was all alone out here.

But it was starting to look like I wouldn't be alone for much longer.

I picked myself up off the tile. There was no reason pouting on the floor when I'd bought about fifteen pregnancy tests. One of these was bound to be negative.

Lucky for me I drank a lot of water this morning.

Fifteen minutes later and every pregnancy test had a result.

With the odds turning in my favor, ten posed a negative sign. I knew this wasn't certain in any way but I was taking this one as a win. There was no way I was ready to be a mother. Let alone the fact that I still had a bag packed in case I found Jay cheating again.

"Wren!" The sound of his voice echoed through the apartment louder than I expected. He must have just gotten back from practice.

I brushed all the tests off the counter and into the waste bin, ignoring the thought of being caught for a moment as I dashed out to greet him.

Plastering a smile on my face, I threw my arms around him, "how was practice?"

Jay rejected my hug, just as I'd rejected his first apology after the incident.

I stumbled backwards, crossing my arms awkwardly over my chest and rocking back and forth on my feet in anticipation.

Jay loomed me up and down, "what have you been doing all day?"

I took a quick glance at myself, only to find that my black v-neck was coated in concealer and the pair of grey sweats I had borrowed from his drawer had one leg rolled up awkwardly. I was a mess to put it lightly.

"I peed on a stick a few times," I nodded, not wanting to keep it from him. He was bound to find the umpteen tests in the trash within the hour, anyway. "Not pregnant, by the way."

The crease between his eyebrows only worsened. "Why did you think you were pregnant?"

"Don't ask," I shook my head. "I thought you'd be getting home late."

"Change of plans." His tone struck a chord with me, "I got traded. We'll be moving to Miami within the next two month."

"What?" I whined, scampering after him when he started stomping off down the hallway towards our room.

He ripped off his shirt, tossing it in the general direction of the hamper, and failing. No wonder he didn't play basketball.

"You shouldn't be surprised," Jay paused to look back at me. "You're the one that told the coach."

"I was mad!" I tossed my hands up in defense. "What if you found me with one of your teammates, or Hayden or someone!"

He looked more taken back than I had first imagined. "You still didn't need to tell him. Now we're moving."

The way he repeated it, 'we're moving'; it bugged me. It was like I didn't have a choice in the matter. Not that I had a life here, but I would like to think my opinion mattered in some way.

I shouldn't just have to follow him wherever he goes for the remainder of our lives.

"Miami?" I asked, getting a simple nod back from Jay as he kicked off his shoes. "When do you need to be down there?"

Jay shrugged, reaching into his pants pocket and retreating his phone. With a flick of the wrist, he must have pulled up his latest contract with the infamous Dolphins.

"Two months. We don't need to have a place by then-"

"Of course we do," I huffed without meaning to. "Let me call your dad, I'm sure he can help us find a place."

Jay merely nodded before making his way into the bathroom. The quick call of 'thanks babe, you're a lifesaver' came over his shoulder like an afterthought.

It wasn't like I had anything else to do.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro