21. Gabriel

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

~Gajeel~

This is fucking insane! Was the main thought on my mind as we followed Cerberus. The farther we went, the more demons congregated around us. "Are we any closer?!" I shouted as my blade sliced through yet another underling. "Shouldn't be much longer now!" Erza shouted from her place beside the great beast. I brought my blade down on a demons neck as the sound of approaching wings pulled our attention. "Lily! What are you doing here?" Erza called as the panther landed in the midst of our group. "Lucy told me to come retrieve Gajeel." I frowned, "She can take care of things, we have to-" "It's Mephistopheles." My heart nearly stopped and my blood ran cold. " Mephistopheles? Mephistopheles?! And you left them alone!" I didn't wait for him to answer. I snapped open my wings and shot into the air, ignoring the call of my comrades.

Mephistopheles, he was the last thing I needed right now. I pushed myself as fast as I could, weaving through demons and cutting down any that tried to stop me. Hold on Levy! my mind was a whirl of panic and my blood was pumping in my ears, so loud I almost didn't hear the scream. The building beside me shook as a crater formed in its side. I turned to see Lucy pulling herself out of the rubble. She had changed into her Divine Armor, a white and gold breast plate that bared her stomach and a white mail skirt. White armored boots covered up to her knees, and a gold spear was clutched in her right hand. "Lucy!" I went to help her, but the look she shot me was murder. "I'm fine! Rouge has Levy, go!" She didn't have to tell me twice.

I spun and fly for the bus, or what was left of it. The roof had been ripped clean off and metal littered the ground. I felt my blood boil as I saw him, my brother, holding Levy off the ground by her throat. I pushed myself faster, taking my sword and hurling it as hard as I could towards him. He had once been an angel, so it wouldn't do much damage, but it did what I needed. The sword struck his shoulder, and he dropped Levy in surprise. I dove beneath them, catching the bluenette as gently as possible. She coughed and sputtered, her hand rubbing the lightly bruised skin of her throat. "Your late," she rasped and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Thought I'd make a dramatic entrance." She smiled a bit weakly as I gently landed on the ground.

Lucy made her way to us as I gently set Levy against some rubble. She frowned lightly, "What is it with you angels and white?" Lucy snorted lightly as I looked down at my own Divine Armor. It consisted of a chest plate, gauntlets and white leg guards. "We can blame Mavis for that." I said with a small smirk, making both women laugh lightly. I stood and turned as Rouge made his way to the ground, landing almost silently and looking bored. I held my hand out towards him, causing my Divine sword to dislodge from his shoulder and nestle neatly back in my hand. "Must you always get in the way brother?" I didn't answer him, glaring into the crimson eyes that matched my own. Rouge sighed softly, "Just give me the demon brother," "Like hell I would Rouge," I spat before launching towards him.

He didn't move, simply bringing up his own sword to block my blade. I pressed against him, shoving him back slightly. Rouge frowned as he pushed away, leaping back some. I didn't allow him to keep the space, lunging forward again with a slash to his chest. He side stepped, mearly catching the blade on his shoulder. His sword came up to catch my side, splitting the metal of my armor, thankfully missing my flesh. We went on this way, blades flying and neither of us giving an inch. I made smile had made its way towards Rouges lips. "It's been awhile since we've fought like this, Gabriel!"

~Levy~

I couldn't take my eyes from the flurry of movement before us, even as Lucy tended to my wound again. Gajeel was a force of nature, white wings and armor splattered in blood, and his blade piercing the air. It was hauntingly beautiful. "It's been awhile since we've fought like this, Gabriel!" Rouge had shouted. It took me a moment to register what Rouge had said. I felt my eyes grow wide as I looked at Lucy, who wouldn't meet my stare. "Lucy..." she still wouldn't look at me. I took a deep breath, "Lucy! What the hell!!" Lucy flinched and groaned a little before sitting beside me.

"Gabriel?! The Gabriel?!" I felt slightly panicked. Lucy nodded and sighed a little. "Yeah, Gajeel is Gabriel. He works at Mavis' right hand." She said as we turned to watch the brothers fight. "Way back when, he was always on the front lines. None of the others ever saw him, so when he came to us about," she screwed up her face in thought. " Two thousand years ago, o one knew who he was. Laxus had miss heard him, thought he said Gajeel, and he went with it. Thought it would be easier to work with a false name I guess. I knew though, " I quirked an eyebrow. "How?" She smiled a little. "I worked close with Mavis, so I saw him often though we never interacted." I nodded a little, looking back to see the two men separate, breathing heavily. The sound of wings flapping drew our attention skyward, Lily descending beside Gajeel.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro