- 1 -

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A knock on the front door and I put on my shoes in a hurry before going to open it with a silly grin plastered over my face.

My twin sighs as he observes me struggling to gather my stuff with a toast in my mouth while Namjoon chuckles behind him, the both of them used to seeing me like this, it doesn't happen often but it's not rare either that I will wake up late and such a morning is a result of this.

Jungkook closes the door behind me and grabs my keys from between my fingers to lock it while Namjoon takes my bag from my hand to help me eat properly, something I'm thankful for because I'm starting to make a mess on my chin, there was a hole in my bread so I know the spread is just slipping in there and making a run for it.

Jungkook joins us after making sure my door won't open either by itself or by a forced twist of the knob and sighs when he sees me.

"Goodness, Y/N, look at you" he chides before starting to wipe my chin with both hands to get it clean, his own tongue peeking out as he focuses on his task while I grin at him, his soulmate gazing on the side with an eye smile, we still have some time so we're not really in a hurry right now.

"Sorry, my alarm failed me this morning, I tried to do everything in speed three but you know how it goes when I do that" I explain myself before taking a bite of my hurriedly made breakfast, to which Jungkook frowns while staring at my chin with concern when he realizes that he's made the skin red.

"You just forgot to activate it before going to bed yesterday, bubs, I know you by heart. We should get going now, I hate being late to the shop and we have a couple of things to do this morning, don't forget that we close early today so we need to arrange the flowers to make sure they'll be fine for the weekend" my dear brother stresses over each points as he pulls me with him towards the car, back door opened for me before he takes the driver's seat while Namjoon walks around to sit next to him.

I lick my fingers once done with my toast and then wipe them on my skirt before wearing my safety belt. "I know, I know, no need to be so nervous about it, bunny, we've done this for years now, we'll be fine" I tell him with a shake of the head, a small thank you for Namjoon who hands me my bag before setting a hand over Jungkook's thigh.

"She's right, baby, take a deep breath, we have enough time to reach the flower shop and get started before the first customers arrive" he soothes his soulmate who sighs before nodding, a hand patting Namjoon's before he turns on the engine.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I'm just so nervous, our parents are coming over tonight to spend time with us on our birthday tomorrow and we haven't seen them in months, I just hope we can finish as early as I have in mind so that I can clean the house, I didn't even prepare the room they'll stay in for the night, what if I don't finish in time?".

"Jungkook, it's fine, they can always stay at my place if needed, we literally live right next to each other, it's not like they can't go and knock on your door to see you at any given time" I tell him as we get moving, though my words only make him huff before he relents.

"Yeah okay that's true but I still don't like it. You didn't want to stay with Namjoon and I but you also didn't want to be too far away, what's even the point of you living in a separate space when we're always together? We literally live in the same building, just not the same unit, it's a waste of money! I still believe you should move in with us, do you even eat properly when you're alone?" he lets out with a grumble and I grin before shrugging, eyes turning to the beautiful town that always makes me dream.

"That's called personal space, bunny, and I will not answer that last question, plus I don't want to feel like the third wheel even when I sleep, you're soulmates and I'm not going to get in the way of that, and also, I don't want to hear you f-"

"Okay, that's enough! Y/N is right, it's not a waste of money if she needs her personal space, baby, I'm sure she knows what good food is and how often she should eat it, she's not a kid" Namjoon cuts me off with blushing cheeks, cheeks that Jungkook desperately wants to bite, he totally would if he wasn't driving.

I start laughing at his cuteness and my twin joins me, a teasing pinch to his older soulmate's side that has him gasping and scolding because we're moving, he can't do that while he's driving!

Jungkook rolls his eyes at the comment but listens to Namjoon nonetheless because he's still right, we don't want an accident.

The road to the flower shop happens without trouble if not for the usual bickering that happens when we're all in the car together and when we reach the physical manifestation of our hopes and dreams, Jungkook parks behind the rented building before turning off the engine.

"Alright, let's get started with this day, we have to make sure that the flowers are in good shape and remove any that have started wilting, we don't want our customers to see dead flowers, can you take care of that, bubs? Namjoon and I will gather the flowers needed for the floral arrangement that needs to be done for the Jung family in the meantime" my serious brother requests and I nod easily, that's something I can do.

"That's fine with me, I'll also make sure to change the water and trim any stems that require it" I answer as I open the door to step out of the vehicle, themselves not far behind with focused expressions on their face, our tasks are already taking place in their mind, there's a lot to do today.

Jungkook takes my hand in his and we start walking towards the door that Namjoon is already unlocking, lights turned on to reveal the nice interior that we worked hard on decorating together, something we're all very proud of.

It's large and luminous, we couldn't have done a better job, plus the view we have from the windows is breathtaking, the little hill on which we are allowing a grand sight of the town below us, I have to admit that sometimes it distracts me from my work, it's too beautiful to ignore.

"You let us know if you need help, okay? Don't break your back for something that we can do easily" my sweet half asks as he turns to gaze at me and I nod with a smile.

"I will, some flower containers might be a bit heavy to lift when it's time to change the water so I'll ask you when I reach that step but until then, I should be fine" I let him know and he nods back, he'll still keep an eye on me just in case I look like I'm struggling silently.

Namjoon takes Jungkook away from me to go get the selected flowers in the storage room's fridges and it's as if a part of his heart is left with me when my poor brother stares at me with an outstretched hand and a fake sob until the door closes behind them.

I chuckle to myself and shake my head before making my way to our work table where I left my apron, the pockets are ridiculously useful for storing my equipment without having to hold them or lose them all the time, which happens more often than I can count, especially with Namjoon.

That, or he breaks the tools. We don't have a drawer full of extras for nothing.

The door opens again with them two holding the containers of flowers to set on the work table and we fall into a comfortable silence as we start working our tasks, the soft music that Namjoon puts on the speakers our companion during this early morning.

My body moves all by itself as it follows the usual routine while I hum on the melody, gaze landing on the mark on my hand every so often, the triangle surrounded by three dots letting me know that I must have two soulmates waiting for me somewhere in this world.

Are they older or younger? I sincerely hope that me turning twenty-five tonight will allow us to finally communicate, I've been waiting years for this moment because we've never met, which is unlikely when soulmates live nearby, fate always brings them close, just the way it did for Jungkook and Namjoon.

No one knows how it works exactly, but the soul is a complex thing and so, we've all taken for granted that soulmates who have not met by the time the youngest turns twenty-five will receive a consequence for it, which appears more like a blessing for those who receive it.

The gift of Soul Voice, that is what I'm expecting tonight, considering that I am the youngest of my own soulmate bond.

To have your voice reach your soulmate through the distance, from one soul to another, the last push that your soul gives you to do what fate failed in doing to allow you to finally meet by communicating directly to one another.

I can't wait to hear their voice, what will they sound like? I really want to find out and I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that tonight will be it for me.

I know that my family knows of my impatience, which is why they don't talk about it often in my presence, they don't want to make it worse for me and I appreciate that, I know that Jungkook feels bad enough as it is that he met his own soulmate before I could meet mine but I love Namjoon and I could never be mad at him for that.

He couldn't know that us moving into this town would end up with him tripping directly onto his soulmate the very first moment he would set foot out of the car here. It was love at first sight and I feel blessed that I could see it happen with my own eyes, they're perfect together.

Not looking anymore at what I'm doing when I instead turn my gaze to the large window showing the outside world while removing the missed thorns from the rose's stem I'm holding, I suddenly gasp out in pain when one of the lone thorns enters my thumb in a clean in and out that ends up with me bleeding a little.

I barely have time to look down at what I was doing that feet are rushing over to take the flower from my hands and the next thing I know, Jungkook is gazing down at my thumb and pulling me up to my feet and right to the sink where Namjoon is already getting the water warm and ready for me.

"Seriously, Y/N, you can't look outside when you're holding a knife, especially not with a rose in your hands, damn it! This is why I'm always worrying about you, there's not a single week that goes by without you getting hurt" my brother chides as he grabs the disinfectant hand-soap to pour on my hand before making me rub them together until foam forms.

I purse my lips at his claim, I don't get hurt all the time, do I?

But as they both rinse my hands carefully before my brother's soulmate proceeds to dry them with a towel so that he can put a bandage on my thumb, I get to see the other light scars of all my distracted moments and...

Yeah, I do get hurt a lot.

"Sorry... it's just hard to not get pulled into the sight once your eyes fall on it, I can never get used to it" I mumble and Jungkook sighs, my hands grabbed from Namjoon to make sure that there isn't another hidden wound that we might have forgotten, he always frets too much when I get hurt.

"We should close the curtains then, no more outside when you're holding a knife" he lets out and I gape at him, he can't do that! He puts a finger on my lips before I can share my dislike with his idea. "But I won't, so you go help Namjoon with the flower arrangement instead, I'll finish what you were doing".

And so, without waiting for me to give either my approval or disapproval, Namjoon pulls me along with him while Jungkook takes over my tasks with a shake of the head, something mumbled that goes along the line of - she'll be the death of me one day, how can she be so damn reckless? - but I don't get to comment on that when his soulmate instead gets my attention on the project at hand to avoid a fight that would be completely useless.

"So you know how the customers requested something sunny and lively for their mother's birthday? Jungkook and I brainstormed on ideas this week and we decided to use daisies, snapdragons and obviously, sunflowers, we'll fill the holes with poms and eucalyptus to get this beautiful end result that we're looking for, what do you think?" he explains while showing me everything they brought to the table and what they got started with already.

I hum as I take in the marguerite daisies, the yellow snapdragons and the sunflowers along with the fillers he mentioned, I feel like we could add a little bit more of variety, maybe some lemon leaves? I also think that feverfews would look lovely here.

"Mind if I do some additions?" I ask the both of them and when they shake their head to let me do my thing, I walk to the fridges containing what I want and when I see the baby roses, I pause before grabbing some as well, they're all small and adorable, we can get a really sweet display of textures with the variety that we have.

I add them to the table and Namjoon quickly nods at my choices, he already knew that it would be good but he wasn't sure what I had in mind, this will indeed be lovely.

"Yeah, that's what we were missing, some softness. That's very good, Y/N" he praises me and I cup my own cheeks while acting all pretty for the man who then bursts into laughter, a hand going to ruffle my hair before he sighs happily.

"Alright, pumpkin, let's get started, we have two hours to do this before the Jung siblings get here, let's show them that coming here for their mother's birthday was the right decision to make" he tells me and I chirp out a yes under Jungkook's endeared gazing.

Seeing his twin and his soulmate get along this way is everything he always dreamed for and more, he can only hope it will be the same for my own soulmates when the time finally comes for us to meet.

"We'll put them under our spell so that they'll come back here for every flowers they'll ever need!".

"That's the spirit, bubs, show them what perfection is".

---

"Oh my gosh, Hobi, look at this!".

Jungkook, Namjoon and I can't help but smile widely at miss Jung's delighted expression, it always feels so good when we get to see such a reaction from our customers.

The man named Hoseok steps closer to inspect the flower arrangement we got ready for them and his eyes light up progressively the more he takes in the different flowers we put in, and upon turning it to see the other side, a wide hearty smile takes place on his face, a clear sign that we did our job well.

"This is perfect, it's even better than what I had in mind when I told you what we wanted for our mother, she's going to love it so much, thank you, seriously" he says with a bow that his sister mimics and we all bow back with giggles, this is why we love our job.

"She's definitely going to stare at it at least once every ten minutes, you have no idea how much this is going to brighten her days, she's always so bored at home so it's hard for her to get any inspiration for painting, now I'm pretty sure we're going to end up with a replica of this very soon" the woman says with a chuckle as she brings her gaze back to the flowers.

"Flowers are always a good source of inspiration, if it can help her that way, then I'm very happy that we put in as much efforts as we did" Namjoon answers and I nod quickly with a grin.

"It was really fun, I love making such arrangements so it was a pleasure to be granted that possibility, thank you for trusting us".

"Oh we'll definitely be back here for any future bouquets we might need, Jiwoo noona insisted that we come here after seeing your pictures on your social media and now I see why, you're one of the bests in this town for sure" Hoseok muses and I won't lie, my heart flutters at his sweet words.

Jungkook leads them to the cash register with the vase of flowers once the conversation done and Namjoon and I both hum happily while cleaning up the work table, that was our biggest project for today but we do have a customer who made an appointment soon for a funeral so we need to keep things clean, they'll be in grief most likely so we'll have to be careful.

"We're going to have to list the flowers we can have shipped here during this season, maybe we should make a list to help them decide" I let out after waving goodbye to the siblings as they walk outside, Namjoon makes a sound as he too thinks about it.

"There are some flowers we can have shipped if they want something special but if what they want is simple, we can show them what we have in the fridges, most of our flowers are always in stock all year long, that would definitely make things easier for us".

Jungkook joins us after ending a call and heaves a breath. "Let's prepare just in case, I'll take care of the list so in the meantime, can you two get started on three bouquets for a birthday party? Someone just called, purples and pinks, small, simple" Jungkook demands and we both nod before going around to see what we can use, at this pace, the day will go by quickly.

I smile to myself at the thought, because that means Jungkook and I will get to see our parents soon and that's something I'm really excited about, it's been so long since the last time we got to reunite for such an occasion!

I truly cannot wait to see mom and dad!

Jin's POV

Getting out of bed has become so hard recently.

There's this longing in my heart that I can't get rid of and it pains me, my soul crying constantly for the soulmate that we don't have by our side, it's starting to feel like we'll never meet at this pace and gosh, it hurts, it really does.

I stare at the mark on my hand, the two purple dots and the one black dot a sight that I want gone, I want it gone soon, that black one needs to change to purple now before I go crazy, is it normal that I'm starting to resent it?

Yoongi and I are both respectively thirty and thirty-one, we've been together for four years and while having met him was the best thing to happen to me in all of my life so far, I need that second miracle, I need my second soulmate, one we have longed for, one we have missed for way too long now.

Where are you? Where in the world are you?

"You're here... I've been looking for you all over the house, hyung. You're still thinking about our missing one, aren't you? I'm sure the day we meet will come sooner than we think, we can only get closer to them" Yoongi murmurs as he sits on the edge of the bed with a cup of some warm drink in hands, a sad look on his face that I hate putting there.

I used to have the strength to remove it with a smile and a kiss but I just can't manage the same effort anymore, my body feels heavy all the time.

Everyday, life looks tern and colourless, I know that I'm probably paying too much attention to the fact that we still miss one, we obviously can't do anything about it until they turn twenty-five at this point but I can't help it.

I just really, really want them here, with us. I want us to be finally complete, it's been too long.

I try to fight the tears that burn my eyes but ultimately fail as I hug his waist from my lied down position, why is this so hard? Why can't I keep pushing forward like I used to? I used to be filled with hope and now I always want to cry, when did that happen?

Yoongi settles the cup down on the bedside table and puts a hand on my head to play with my hair softly, his heart weeping at the sight of my tears, he doesn't know what to do to help anymore and it pains him more than he lets me know.

He wishes he could resolve everything magically and find our missing one with a snap of his fingers but he's powerless and he hates that, all he can do is stay by my side and stay strong, as much as is possible.

"It hurts, Yoongi, it hurts all the damn time now and I don't know how to make it stop, I'm starting to feel so bad for being happy while our last soulmate is still alone, I don't like feeling that way but I can't help it, the very sight of our mark is starting to make me angry, what's wrong with me? I don't like being like that" I admit with a wavering voice, why am I like this?

Yoongi sighs softly and removes my tears before continuing to comb his fingers through my hair.

"I informed myself with our doctor recently... it's a form of soul sickness, Jin, your soul needs our missing one and it's becoming impatient, he said that it'll stop once we're complete but until then... all we can do is wait" he says with a gentle voice and I nod with a sniffle, it makes sense.

"That soul sickness sucks" I mumble and Yoongi chuckles lightly before managing a small smile. "It does... but it also comes with a positive bit of information".

My whole being latches onto that word, positive, anything good is desperately needed and when I look up at him through my remnant tears, his smile grows slightly bigger as he wipes them again.

"What is it, Yoongi? You can't just stop there, what's the positive information?".

"It's a sign that the time is nearly there, for them to turn twenty-five. Your soul can feel it and that's why you're finding this very hard, the doctor said that it's a common side effect of being the oldest, it'll all go away when we find our last piece".

Oh thank goodness... being the eldest might not be all fun and games all the time but if this pain means that the time is near... I can't bear myself to hate it anymore.

I just wish it wouldn't last for too long, how near is near? Days? Weeks? Months?

"I'm sorry that you have to feel this way in the meantime, I really want to help you, hyung, I just don't know how, I was told that all I can do is to stay by your side but I know that's not enough, I don't like seeing you so depressed" Yoongi apologizes and I shake my head while hugging him tighter, soul-related sicknesses really suck.

"It's not your fault, Yoongi, I'm sorry that it's falling on you to deal with me this way... I'll try to stay strong, okay? Knowing that this pain can lead to something good... I'll focus on that, it's hard but I'll try, I didn't mean to make you feel this way" I assure him and he nods before kissing my head.

"It's okay, hyung, I got the better end of the stick, at least I get to take care of you more without you complaining about it all the time. I made you a hot chocolate... well it was hot, it might have gotten a little cold but..." he hesitates about offering it to me now that he's realizing that the drink really has lost of its warmth and the sight makes me smile lightly, he's my adorable soulmate, no matter what happens, I'll always see him as my adorable younger soulmate.

"Give it to me, I don't feel like drinking something hot anyway so this is perfect" I tell him and his lips curl up slightly before he nods, his free hand helping me to sit up in bed before he hands me the cup that might help me feel better.

What he said about the soul sickness, about it meaning that our missing one is close to ridding the gap separating us, it already alleviated some of my pain. It feels less... final and more temporary.

If all I need to do is hold on a little longer... then that's what I'll do.

For the sake of being complete.

---

~~Drumroll~~

What do you think of the first chapter!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro